Episode 359

Nice! At this point I really just expected the series to return in September.

Me too. I mean I'm really happy that we are getting an episode this month and I'm sure that doesn't mean that September's episode won't be as impactful as we expect it to be.

BiQ_

" ... "
Wait, really? Is that stated on the magazine? If so, can you please translate what it says? :???:

Someone on reddit (here) already did that, apparently... hopefully its correct?
台は再び妖精島へ 目覚めたキャス力、そしてガッツとの 新たな日々が始まる "The stage will return to Fairy Island Awakened Casca, and with Guts A new day begins"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Someone on reddit (here) already did that, apparently... hopefully its correct?
In general you shouldn't trust machine translations. And while I'm no translator myself, "Fairy Island" is the literal translation of Elfhelm, which you can see the kanji for at the bottom of the first sentence. So yeah. But I don't think anyone should be shocked at this info. We've been saying this since the end of 358 made it pretty clear where the story was headed next.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
One thing I'm wondering is if some time will have pass since we last saw Guts and Casca or if we're gonna pick up pretty where we left of : the scream? Is the moonlight child gonna interrupt a conversation? Will we get a shot of the gurus noticing the boy's presence? So many interesting things and options!

Any thoughts or takes on how it could play out while we wait for the ep?!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
And while I'm no translator myself, "Fairy Island" is the literal translation of Elfhelm, which you can see the kanji for at the bottom of the first sentence.

Actually, just so it's clear, the kanji for Elfhelm is 妖精都, which means the "Capital of Elves". The word used in that Young Animal comment rather refers to Skellig (the island itself), and also happens to be the title of the current arc (Elf Island).

One thing I'm wondering is if some time will have pass since we last saw Guts and Casca or if we're gonna pick up pretty where we left of : the scream?

I believe time will have passed. It wouldn't make sense to have changed perspective otherwise.

jackson_hurley

I believe time will have passed. It wouldn't make sense to have changed perspective otherwise.

Well, other then for a cliffhanger aspect, yeah I guess this makes sense. Though do you think a lot of time passed? (not a huge amount but I dunno a couple of weeks?) I know it might not be that relevant to know but I'm curious.

It'd be cool to have an opening scene similar to when they were on the ship. Ex: having Casca sparring with Isidro or something of the likes. Seeing her getting back slowly into action. Not necessarily Isidro but you get what I mean.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It'd be cool to have an opening scene similar to when they were on the ship. Ex: having Casca sparring with Isidro or something of the likes. Seeing her getting back slowly into action. Not necessarily Isidro but you get what I mean.

The immediate topic that needs to be addressed is Casca's mental state after the scream. I can't imagine Miura would skip past all of that and jump straight into her integration into the group dynamics. My guess is maybe a day has passed, maybe less? But things are still unresolved between her and Guts. They might not have even spoken yet (I hope not, because I want to be there for that).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The immediate topic that needs to be addressed is Casca's mental state after the scream. I can't imagine Miura would skip past all of that and jump straight into her integration into the group dynamics. My guess is maybe a day has passed, maybe less? But things are still unresolved between her and Guts. They might not have even spoken yet (I hope not, because I want to be there for that).

My preferred scenario is: Casca fainted after the scream or had to be sedated, and the episode starts a few hours later (as night falls) as she wakes up or is about to. Episode ends at night with a presence being felt nearby (Moonlight Boy).

jackson_hurley

Or it could start with them (Guts and Casca) sitting somewhere with a very nice setting (not near water!) and just about to start talking. I really dig Aaz approached too with Casca fainting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Or it could start with them (Guts and Casca) sitting somewhere with a very nice setting (not near water!) and just about to start talking. I really dig Aaz approached too with Casca fainting.

If the faintest glimpse of Guts was enough to make her start screaming, I think the readers need to see how they were able to sit down together amicably.

jackson_hurley

If the faintest glimpse of Guts was enough to make her start screaming, I think the readers need to see how they were able to sit down together amicably.

Yes for sure. I dont want any rush on how it'll be executed. I totally trust Miura with that. Im just too excited too see it!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In big scenarios like this, Miura will regularly give us just enough information to deduce the broad strokes of the next step, but then surprise us by revealing even more than we expected. In that vein, while I do expect a Casca/Guts/Griffith-Child reunion in the coming episodes, there's a great opportunity in that moment to explore a few things he's left untouched, namely the dynamics between Griffith and the boy:
  • What are the actual limitations of a God Hand member's powers when confronted with the most powerful magic users on the planet?
  • How much of Griffith's consciousness is submerged when the boy is in control?
  • Just as the boy interacted with Griffith on the Hill of Swords, could the reverse happen here as well, leading to a dreadful result?
  • What if the child speaks? It holds the key between these three characters. What would it say?
A lot of possibilities headed our way soon, and I'm expecting surprises too.

jackson_hurley

Just when I was about to think there was nothing else to say before we got the episode, you come up with that kind of post! This is one of the reason I'm still hanging around here. I might not bring the best discutions around here but it sure is interesting and informative to keep reading these posts.

Anyways, I've never thought of thinking about this : "Just as the boy interacted with Griffith on the Hill of Swords, could the reverse happen here as well, leading to a dreadful result?"

Pretty good point/question here Walter!While I don't think anything would happen to Casca, it sure could happen to one of the great guru or another important figure on the island.

Top Bottom