Episode 359

EDIT: @il capitano, who translated that interview, has privately reached out to me and explained that he based it on a book that collects some of Yukari Fujimoto's most prestigious interviews. It contains longer versions of said interviews and was published at a later date, which explains the discrepancy.

I thought it would be something like that, it's one thing to fake interview segments, it's another thing to accurately add anecdotes about Gotz Von Berlichingen Miura had mentioned in other obscure interviews.

My goodness this was such an amazing yet bitter sweet episode. I have been waiting and waiting for Casca to come back into the story for so long. To see her lucid and in her old self was wonderful. I was expecting a lot more of a transition for her as far as her warrior prowess was concerned but I am shocked that Miura has made her as nimble and capable of fighting as she was shown to be in this episode. I couldn't help but feel giddy seeing her in action even if it against enchanted armor wearing straw men. And seeing everyones reaction to her fighting ability was great!

I loved the interactions between herself and the group and how generous and thankful Casca was for everyone who have helped her in her mentally regressed state. Given Casca's proud and dignified personalty I thought that she would have been cringing in embarrassment over her behavior but she seems to be pretty mature about it. That is another aspect of her personalty I do not think Casca gets enough credit for is how genuine and down to earth she really is. I never thought she would have any issue getting along with every body and her recalling situations that they did for her for her to comment on makes me even happier with Miura's decision to have her remember these things.

The highlights were her interactions with Isidro and Farnese. Casca's heartfelt thanks to Farnese and her affection for her was all I could hope for Casca post healing. I have always wanted to see these two interact as friends/sisters and there interaction made me smile. I can't wait to see more Casca/Farnese moments. Isidro being impressed with Casca was cool. I have not thought overly much about Casca schooling Isidro is sword fighting like others have done but I like how that played out and look forward to seeing them interact more. Isidro gushing over her mettle was the cherry on top.

I also like how how Farnese seems to be a true ally for Casca and is doing all she can to help her and Guts reconciliation. I always liked Farnese's sincere personality but I had so much respect for her when she pointed out to Casca Guts was near by.

Now at first I was not sure if Casca was aware that Guts was nearby hiding behind the tree and was just putting off going over to him, but on a second viewing I'm pretty sure she was unaware of him hiding away close by given her reaction to Farnese pointing him out to her and immediately dropping what she was doing to go over to him. And here comes the bitter part...oh my God Guts face. Can this man not get a victory when it comes to Casca? Casca tried. I give her so much points for trying, I was touched by her efforts. I just want them to interact do badly. Take the damn berserker armor off Guts! Man I don't know how this going to resolve it self. And imagine how it will screw with Casca's head if someone she loves dearly sends her in a PTSD induced panic attack and the man who caused it all to happen and violated wearing her son's skin? What kind of twisted mind fuck would it be if she reacted to Griffith the same way she does with her son if he appeared before her while simultaneously getting triggered by him?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Now at first I was not sure if Casca was aware that Guts was nearby hiding behind the tree and was just putting off going over to him, but on a second viewing I'm pretty sure she was unaware of him hiding away close by given her reaction to Farnese pointing him out to her and immediately dropping what she was doing to go over to him.

Yeah, she didn't know he was there.

What kind of twisted mind fuck would it be if she reacted to Griffith the same way she does with her son if he appeared before her while simultaneously getting triggered by him?

Well that's going to be the crux for Berserk's end game, basically. We've known it for a while, but what it will come down to is that Guts and Casca will be the only ones who will have a chance to defeat Femto thanks to their son, while at the same time they will be faced with excruciating emotional dilemmas. Will these tear them apart, or will they prevail? (This is a rhetorical question: they will prevail).

(This is a rhetorical question: they will prevail).
Aww Come on, Aaz. You are not expecting a dark ending? Example: Griff plus his apostles rip Guts and company to shreds than proceed to have a GB session with Casca while the other members of the God Hand laugh/applaud. Skull Knight shows up just in time to say "damn not again".

Last edited:
Skull Knight words are now like prophecy with this fresh new episode however I hope in reality ( new episodes ) it works out to be much better for our protagonist and Casca. Honestly I don't see it ending ... well ... badly? We're just on the verge before something very exciting happening.

Well, at least we know the next one is gonna feature Skull Knight in Elf Helm and is sure to be full of content. It'll be interesting to get reactions from the other characters, including Casca to him.

Perhaps a dumb thought but I wonder what the chances would be of him joining the group at this point since his solo campaign ended up not going so well.

Well, at least we know the next one is gonna feature Skull Knight in Elf Helm and is sure to be full of content. It'll be interesting to get reactions from the other characters, including Casca to him.
And then it turns out that 360 is a Rickert episode, and we don't get to see Skull Knight talk to the party for another year.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps a dumb thought but I wonder what the chances would be of him joining the group at this point since his solo campaign ended up not going so well.

I don't think that will happen, although they could have another side-by-side fight like they have had before.

You guys can delete that if it's unrelated and sorry for posting in a 6 month old thread, but I just wanted to point out now that I'm re-reading the manga, that the sad panel of Guts in this episode reminds me of another panel from the Conviction arc. (I know he was angry in the old one, but they are still kinda similar)
You can really notice the difference in his artstyle with these two panels.
He might have even used the old one as a reference now that I'm thinking about it :???:
2QJn8Pk.jpg

Top Bottom