Episode 360

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Regardless, we know that they are gonna meet and its just a matter of what Miura wants to have established before that. Focusing a little bit on Shierke&Farnese developing their skills while they are on Elfhelm is a good way to start.

I wonder if Skull Knight won't be the impetus for learning this new power or have the solution, particularly if it's to mend Guts and Casca. That is, if this is indeed more than a preview feint where Farnese is just learning something rudimentary as part of her studies when Skull Knight shows up.

Miura to the rescue! I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us.

Yeah man, he's answering the call in our time of need here! He's our real life Skull Knight in osseous armor.

The difference here of course is that SK has a good opportunity to say A LOT MORE than in the past.

source.gif

How crazy would it be if we got Casca back, Skully's big reveal, and potentially Griffith's too in a matter of episodes? Either we're dreaming and now is not the time or Miura really is emptying his bag to move into the endgame.

So it would make sense to break up that narrative with an alternate, subgroup activity, see below.

Could be something cool, but given where the last ep ends, it could be almost anything. That being said, it's usually a mistake to put too much emphasis on the topic the preview text focuses on.

This is how I feel about potential Skull Knight revelations at this point; the guy just plays it close to the rib cage! Hopefully the circumstances and environment will call for something more as we've hoped, maybe even some mutual friends will call him out for acting so mysterious, "We basically made this guy and now he's coming around acting like a big deal! Still thinks he's royalty or something." :ganishka:

How fitting would it be if Danan actually spills the beans on Skully while he looks on bemused, "The decisive moment is nigh, we do not have time for personal histories." :SK:

I'm so happy I feel like running down the street, shouting at the top of my lungs, and hugging strangers.

Don't forget to sneeze directly into their mouths. Someone actually did this to me recently, but they're barely 2, and my progeny, so I forgave them.

Hopefully it'll focus on Skullknight and not on crushing Guts' soul.

Why not both? :carcus:

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic news! Any chance that since it's a double issue, that we'll get a longer episode? Any precedent for that?

No precedent unless you mean the travesty of Jotunn Part 1 and 2. :magni: Eps have been standard sized since 1992. This double issue just means it's Golden Week in Japan, so it'll be a larger YA, not a larger Berserk episode. Thanks go to Aaz for squelching a similar hope I had earlier today.

Great news! Did a double take seeing a post in "Current Episodes" and thought someone was resurrecting last episodes discussion. Seems like just as everything else is getting delayed or going on break, Miura himself is taking this opportunity to pounce! :guts:

Last edited:
One of the things i personally am very interested in is the topic of Guts thoughts regarding the current Casca situation. In Volume 37, episode 328 ''Shooting star'' we see a nice sequence of him remembering Skull Knights warning, the beast appearing, and thinking about revenge regarding Griffith again once his journey to Elfhelm ends.

Obviously Skull Knights warning held true and he didn't simply get the same old Casca from the Golden Age back and not being able to see her is clearly painful to him, so i wonder if Miura will use the momentum to rekindle the thoughts of revenge until the moonlight boy appears on the island.

Right now seems to be the perfect time, im not sure if it will happen exactly in episode 360, but i would love to see some self reflection and developments regarding that topic appear again. Obviously by the end of it all there is no way Guts will leave, so i wonder how much of a healing factor the boy will have for its parents.

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In Volume 37, episode 328 ''Shooting star'' we see a nice sequence of him remembering Skull Knights warning, the beast appearing, and thinking about revenge regarding Griffith again once his journey to Elfhelm ends.

Obviously Skull Knights warning held true and he didn't simply get the same old Casca from the Golden Age back and not being able to see her is clearly painful to him, so i wonder if Miura will use the momentum to rekindle the thoughts of revenge until the moonlight boy appears on the island.

I feel like revenge is probably a pretty stale concept in Guts' mind right now, and I also don't think that scene in 331 (published as 331, and moved around for vol37) necessarily oozed revenge. Though it was wordless, the ellipsis, the silhouette of Griffith, and Guts' determined--but not maniacal--look, added up to something more complicated to me. The reason I make the distinction is because I feel like it's high time that Miura re-litigates the subject of Griffith, if for no other reason than the group needs a unifying reason to head to Falconia. Apart from the brief address we got from the Great Gurus in 345, right now Griffith doesn't matter to someone like Isidro, Serpico, Azan, etc. Only Guts and Casca have established business with him.

That could change shortly. Because as we've been talking about for a year now, a face-to-face via the Boy/Griffith feels like the right thing to slot into that missing puzzle piece.

Not my translation, but the preview apparently says "The long awaited continuation. While Casca, who has awakened from a long nightmare, rests her body, Farnese and Schierke try their hand at learning a new power."
I think the "new power" that Farnese and Schierke are gonna be learning is the ability to fly.

We've seen Daiba and Morda flying, and some others training in ep. 344. Schierke even mention in ep. 203 that "If you become a great magician, you can even fly in the sky." Makes sense to learn this skill. I'm sure it will come in handy at some point.

Also, I think that the introduction of barytes in ep. 346 will have a direct connection to this. I assume that one can fly (or, perhaps, even make other people/object fly) by manipulating the barytes elementals around them.

Last edited:
I think the "new power" that Farnese and Schierke are gonna be learning is the ability to fly.

That's definately a possibility, but I personally though that since Casca's sanity is their main problem right now, the "Power" they'll learn will have to do with that.
I mean I'm sure Schierke and Farnese will be learning to fly one day, either on broomsticks or some other way, but I just don't think that now is the right time for that.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Another thing I'm curious about is Casca's reaction to the Skull knight. Will she be present when he'll talk to Guts, if so will she remember him? Will she freak out again or be able to somehow not have a panic attack and have a better understanding of things? That is if Skull knight talks to them before the boy shows up.

Will she be present when he'll talk to Guts, if so will she remember him?
It's highly unlikely he will address both of them simultaneously given the situation. I also don't think Guts is gonna take any more chances with Casca until someone comes up with an actual solution to their problem or it just resolves itself by natural means, as a consequence of something unexpected for example (the Moonlight Boy). The most likely scenario is that he will intercept Guts first. Alternatively, he might leave Guts alone to his thoughts and approach Danan first to consult with her, but I'm betting on the good old bro time.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
It's highly unlikely he will address both of them simultaneously given the situation. I also don't think Guts is gonna take any more chances with Casca until someone comes up with an actual solution to their problem or it just resolves itself by natural means, as a consequence of something unexpected for example (the Moonlight Boy). The most likely scenario is that he will intercept Guts first. Alternatively, he might leave Guts alone to his thoughts and approach Danan first to consult with her, but I'm betting on the good old bro time.

While I dont entirely disagree with you here, we just don't know how it'll play out. As much as Guts will probably take his distance a bit, the groupe never seems to be free of weird things happening to them. Could be that Skully has a nice discussion with Guts but then being interrupted by the appearance of the Moonlight boy which imo would maybe prompt Skullknight to make a reveal or try to make a move on the kid as it's been speculated recently in the past.

I also cant wait to see Casca's reaction to the boy with her clear mind now. Such an exciting moment to be a fan!

That's definately a possibility, but I personally though that since Casca's sanity is their main problem right now, the "Power" they'll learn will have to do with that.
I mean I'm sure Schierke and Farnese will be learning to fly one day, either on broomsticks or some other way, but I just don't think that now is the right time for that.

Honestly this one is something im not that sure about, even though im open to the idea if it is obviously executed right. I feel like at this point we already got done with the magic part in regards to Cascas recovery through the intervention of the corridor of dreams. From now on i think it will come down to Casca dealing with her memories in a similar fashion Guts did, and i feel like the heart with the thorns and the current situation is very indicative of that.

Honestly this one is something im not that sure about, even though im open to the idea if it is obviously executed right. I feel like at this point we already got done with the magic part in regards to Cascas recovery through the intervention of the corridor of dreams. From now on i think it will come down to Casca dealing with her memories in a similar fashion Guts did, and i feel like the heart with the thorns and the current situation is very indicative of that.

Oh yeah definately, but I didn't exactly mean something that'll completely remove her heart's thorns, just something like the talisman on Guts' Brand. (It's not a good analogy, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say)
You know, something that'll make her recovery easier, but she'll still have to do it by herself slowly.
But again even I'm not too sure about it, I'm just throwing it in as a random idea of what this "new power" could be:shrug:

Flying is a really cool idea. I like it! I wonder if my own speculations may be putting too much thought into it and how it could service the story going forward, as my first thought was something involving the Sky Path and the branches of the World Tree for long-distance travel.

As for the Guts and Skull Knight, I'm personally not expecting to see much of them or much delving into the Gaiseric story in general just yet. I lean more towards those big reveals about the past being fed to us in increments rather than having him just hash it all out at once for us. Plus, I think it might distract from the primary stuff that is going on right now, namely Casca's situation and the imminent arrival of the Moonlight Boy.

That being said, could see us finally getting it straight from the Skeleton's mouth that he is in fact Gaiseric and that Falconia was once his city. Or not, and maybe Skull Knight will be more focused on the future than the past. Hard to say for now.

Definitely. Miura has set things up with the previous episode to make Casca the primary agent in her own recovery process. Which is only fitting considering her state up until recently.

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As for the Guts and Skull Knight, I'm personally not expecting to see much of them or much delving into the Gaiseric story in general just yet. I lean more towards those big reveals about the past being fed to us in increments rather than having him just hash it all out at once for us.

SK tends to dump a ton of information in one or two episodes and then bounce. And he’s basically right in front of Guts, so it’s going to happen either this ep or the next.

SK tends to dump a ton of information in one or two episodes and then bounce. And he’s basically right in front of Guts, so it’s going to happen either this ep or the next.

Oh, I’m sure we might get something. But I highly doubt we will get the full picture just yet. Namely what exactly happened to the city, how Void fits into all this, etc.

I’m honestly much more interested in what Skull Knight has to say about the present and the future than whatever he potentially has to say about the past here and now.

Top Bottom