Episode 360

Anyone noticing a parallel with episode 6 (from the Golden Age Arc) ?
Guts swinging his sword when thinking about Caska.
Although with different circumstances indeed : he was angry because Caska was blaming him for letting Griffith get hurt.

Looks fine to me. I'm sure someone somewhere might care about your art critique and commentary on brushes (no doubt backed by impressive credentials), but it sure isn't my case. As a reminder, these threads are meant to discuss the developments of the story, not provide an issue-by-issue, panel-by-panel commentary on the variations in Miura's art style.
Sorry,I didn't know that.
Is there a thread where we can discuss the art style?

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The digital edition of Young Animal is now available: https://www.hakusensha-e.net/store/product/2830XXXXyanimal02009

Anyone noticing a parallel with episode 6 (from the Golden Age Arc) ?
Guts swinging his sword when thinking about Caska.

I mentioned it yesterday in response to someone talking about Guts doing overhead swings. By the way, her name is spelled "Casca".

Sorry,I didn't know that.
Is there a thread where we can discuss the art style?

There have been a few over the years. Since it's a recurring topic with each new episode, I've just created a dedicated thread for it. Feel free to use it, and that goes for anyone else as well (poke @TheWillOfT).

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
There have been a few over the years. Since it's a recurring topic with each new episode, I've just created a dedicated thread for it. Feel free to use it, and that goes for anyone else as well (poke @TheWillOfT).

Good idea!

Back to the topic. I really dig Farnese's new outfit. I think it fits her well. I kinda hope she'll keep it (I think it'll be the case if like Aaz mentionned the clothe were transmuted by Danan).

I'm really curious to know what kind of spirit Schierke saw/conjured from the tree. Prolly nothing important but I liked the idea behind it.

Can't wait for the translation! Lots of dialogue = interesting stuff!

The digital edition of Young Animal is now available: https://www.hakusensha-e.net/store/product/2830XXXXyanimal02009

I mentioned it yesterday in response to someone talking about Guts doing overhead swings. By the way, her name is spelled "Casca".

Thank you.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Back to the topic. I really dig Farnese's new outfit. I think it fits her well. I kinda hope she'll keep it (I think it'll be the case if like Aaz mentionned the clothe were transmuted by Danan).

It's actually Danan's old garb, she pulls it out of a closet on page 4.

This is most likely completely unrelated, but one thing i noticed was that the location where Guts swung his sword is eerily similar to that depicted in one of the posters from Volume 39. Well, mainly the ground is. The interesting thing is that there is smoke also depicted in the poster, maybe indicating something burning? Either ways, a potential scene where we might have Guts battle someone on the cliff close to the shore would be quite the sight.

B23REHb.png

Last edited:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That's a nice color, @no name ! I wonder if you'd be able to post the image in your thread under a spoiler? I haven't tried it before, but maybe it's possible. Either way, that's considerate of you to think of those who haven't seen the episode yet.

There were a few pages that I'd like to color, as well! Farnese finally looking the part of a proper witch was a highlight. :farnese:

I also thought it was funny that Serpico popped up in the corner during the episode. I'm really hoping that he'll have more to do soon, I miss that guy!

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
So, farnese will learn healing spells while Schierke will learn to summon that Daemon spirits. I think that really puts both on different roles now, Berserk is becoming more like a RPG after all. :shrug:

So the daemons can be spawned by entities that aren't apostles? Because Danann doesn't look particularly demonic.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cute episode. I like how Miura reversed the situation in Vrittanis when Schierke was uncomfortable wearing normal clothing and Farnese told her to bear it. :schierke::farnese:

Quite different scenarios. I mean, both involved clothing changes, sure. But in Vritannis, Schierke was trying to be inconspicuous, so she had to dress in something that doesn’t really suit her. Here Farnese is wearing the outfit of a witch, and she’s a witch.

Berserk is becoming more like a RPG after all. :shrug:

Did you know that magic has been a component of Berserk since 2002? :shrug:

So the daemons can be spawned by entities that aren't apostles? Because Danann doesn't look particularly demonic.

It has nothing at all to do with apostles (or spawning?), who also are not demons. But to make it even simpler: Daimon ≠ demon.

It has nothing at all to do with apostles (or spawning?), who also are not demons. But to make it even simpler: Daemon ≠ demon.
I knew that in occultism they are spirits, good or evil, that can be summoned for help, same as Schierke's, but still I went to check on the wikia to see if they had a different role in Berserk's universe and got misguided by it. The "spawning" came from there.
So if they were humans, more specifically heroes, hinting at Gaeseric/SK I believe, is Guts' beast of darkness one too? Can Schierke theoretically separate it from Guts, since he is still flesh and bones under the armor, unlike SK, and free him from it? Afterall she can already hold it back.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So if they were humans, more specifically heroes, hinting at Gaeseric/SK I believe, is Guts' beast of darkness one too? Can Schierke theoretically separate it from Guts, since he is still flesh and bones under the armor, unlike SK, and free him from it? Afterall she can already hold it back.

What leads you connect the dots between daimons, as described by Ged, and the Beast of Darkness?

It seems that Daimons are a different strata of astral creatures, not unlike the spirits we've encountered in the past, but crucially -- instead of a purely elemental being, these were once human and transcended into guiding, supernatural entities. I think lumping the Beast, which is a personification of Guts' trauma, with daimons might be putting it into the wrong bucket.

Top Bottom