Episode 361 (July 22)

EYXynZRX0AA-AOi

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
This is wonderfull news and I'm glad my hopes for june paid off! Thank you for the update.

Do you guys think the episode will start of directly with the Skullknight discution?

Do you guys think the episode will start of directly with the Skullknight discution?

Well... Since their discussion was teased at the end of the previous episode, most likely.
It's been a while since they talked, so I expect them to be talking for the entire episode. (At least I hope so :SK:)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That's great news! The release schedule has been updated. Only ~3 eps until Vol 41 is wrapped. Could still happen this year! :shrug:

Don't see why not. In any case, it will likely be the focus of the ep. And it's just a stray thought, but the last time SK had a conversation with Guts, his scenes were interspersed with Casca finding the boy on the beach. And here we are, expecting the boy any episode now.

This might be an ep where I finally sit out on the previews. Given all that could occur, I don't really want to experience it in text and panel leaks. Because Guts and SK have a lot to discuss — more than normal, even. Usually Guts is already mid-journey when SK arrives to add a wrinkle for him. This time Guts has just wrapped up his journey, and what his next step will be is unclear. SK could clear that right up. He also will likely add more detail to the events that changed the world, since Guts has only heard about it from the Gurus and SK was at ground zero. Finally, SK might spill the beans on how he knew the Sovereign could restore Casca's mind. Which could lead to a bit more about him ... but there's really no precedent for that, just my hope.

jackson_hurley

Don't see why not. In any case, it will likely be the focus of the ep. And it's just a stray thought, but the last time SK had a conversation with Guts, his scenes were interspersed with Casca finding the boy on the beach. And here we are, expecting the boy any episode now.

I did not think about that but now that you mentionned it, it would be a nice parallel to that time.

A part of me is kinda wishing for an opening with a flashback back of Gaiseric (not a big one juste a few panels, reminiscing style) but I'm well aware that it wont be happening that way. Anyways, I'm just glad to have another episode this summer!

This is wonderfull news and I'm glad my hopes for june paid off! Thank you for the update.

Definitely, in general I think the entire episode will revolve around their Conversation.

There is so much to talk about. Cascas situation, Fantasia & possibly the location of the God Hand and obviously Falconia which relates to both Guts and Sk on a personal level, probably even moreso for Sk since Falconia is the altered state of his former city and the result of his own sword strike.

Will Guts consider leaving Elfhelm, due to the state of the outside world and that his presence hurts Casca for now?

That's one of the things I'm interested in seeing. Obviously with the soon arrival of the boy that idea will get scrapped, and Guts and Casca will be connected again, but seeing the desire for revenge getting rekindled by what Sk is about to tell him could lead to some awesome stuff.

F. e. Guts getting the Dragon Slayer worked on by the dwarves in preparation of leaving the island. It had quite a few nicks at the end of episode 360.

jackson_hurley

F. e. Guts getting the Dragon Slayer worked on by the dwarves in preparation of leaving the island. It had quite a few nicks at the end of episode 360.

Yes I was indeed mulling over the idea of some kind of reforging the Dragon Slayer since the nicks are more noticeable the usual. A brand new reforged Ds before a slowly but surely finale! :guts:

Will Guts consider leaving Elfhelm, due to the state of the outside world and that his presence hurts Casca for now?
I don't know but is this idea still being considered? I honestly would think of it as a cop-out at this point. Although there is a similarity to the past Guts leaving her behind, I just don't see it as an option right now.

Great news! I'm excited for the reveals and suprises SK is going to throw into the story. The plot is at a fork right now and this could provide direction and motivation for Guts. Revenge is not at the front of his mind, so what will prompt the party to take on a suicide mission against Falconia?

I don't know but is this idea still being considered? I honestly would think of it as a cop-out at this point. Although there is a similarity to the past Guts leaving her behind, I just don't see it as an option right now.

The idea of revenge was never put to the side completely, but his priorities changed. The current situation gives some leeway to explore that for his character. I thought I made it quite obvious that the boys arrival will completely overhaul Guts' desire for revenge and the way he looks at killing Griffith once he knows it could endanger his child as well.

Well, obviously it's not going to come to that, but like T said, revenge was never truly cast aside when he chose to prioritize Casca. Retribution for the Eclipse - against the Apostles, the God Hand, and Griffith especially - is probably always going to be on Guts' mind to the end of the series. That's kind of been the whole idea behind this internal conflict since the Conviction Arc. Protecting Casca and staying by her side versus pursuing the path of vengeance.

Of course, after his vow and all he has been through he is going to be very hesitant about anything that reneges on that. But with how things have changed, how he has reached the end of his journey, how Casca isn't able to see him, how Griffith is steadily becoming a threat that he can no longer ignore, it's honestly perfectly natural for him to consider what his options are from here. Even if that means leaving Casca. Heck, it's something that he's already been thinking about since the end of the Sea God section. New circumstances or revelations adding fuel to the fire doesn't seem like a stretch or a copout to me. But as said, it obviously won't come to that in the end. The arrival of the child is definitely set up to change the values of these things a bit and recontextualize everything.

Definitely, in general I think the entire episode will revolve around their Conversation.

Definitely expect the bulk of this one to be about Guts and Skully hashing some things out. But I do expect a liiiiittle bit from someone else at the very end, at least to flow into the next episode. My guess would be either something involving Casca and the kid showing up (like Walt suggested), or a follow-up on Schierke's initiation with Ged learning about daimons. Transitioning from this to either the arrival of the kid or a talk between Schierke and Flora would be really nice.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts getting the Dragon Slayer worked on by the dwarves in preparation of leaving the island. It had quite a few nicks at the end of episode 360.

Maybe they'll also point out the Safe Mode switch on the armor? :chomp: Joking aside, seeing the DS get polished up would be nice, but the armor is the real deal that needs to get addressed before they leave the island, and it hasn't even been brought up yet.

I think there's an error with the number of skipped YA releases for episode 359. But I have no idea how YA schedule works so I could be missing something.

Oops, yeah that's supposed to be 7, not 17. Just a typo.

jackson_hurley

seeing the DS get polished up would be nice, but the armor is the real deal that needs to get addressed before they leave the island, and it hasn't even been brought up yet.

Sure, I agree with that but we don't want a Boscogn scenario in the middle of a fight. For I dont think this time Zodd will intervine to help out Guts. But yeah, the armor should really be adress and I hope it will before they are forced to leave (if they are forced).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
No offense intended but this thread's conversations feel like they're from fifteen years ago. The Dragon Slayer getting repaired by dwarves, Guts abandoning Casca in Elfhelm (which will not happen under any circumstance), Gaiseric's story... Ok I'll grant that one, it's topical. :ganishka:

jackson_hurley

No offense intended but this thread's conversations feel like they're from fifteen years ago. The Dragon Slayer getting repaired by dwarves, Guts abandoning Casca in Elfhelm (which will not happen under any circumstance), Gaiseric's story... Ok I'll grant that one, it's topical. :ganishka:

Well I think it's just fun to see after all these years talking about it, who's gonna be right (prolly you) and who's gonna be wrong (mostly me, wait, I havent speculate on the future so far, apart for the Ds getting re-touched and my damn storm that we never got on the ship. :ganishka: Okay I shut up now)

Who is stronger, Griffith or Goku?

Schnoz of course.
:schnoz:

Top Bottom