Episode 363

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
Nothing special, it's just summarizing the events from episode 362. "Memories of the blood ingrained in the armor, the God Hand, evil beings, an occultation ceremony in the past?"
I don't know if that summary is a recurring thing before the episode release, but looks like episode 363 will continue on the same context. If they are making questions, episode 363 will ask then?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if that summary is a recurring thing before the episode release, but looks like episode 363 will continue on the same context. If they are making questions, episode 363 will ask then?
It’s just an elaborate equivalent of “wow! now what?” They are nearly all like that.

One slightly notable thing about this one though is that it specifically mentions that what we saw in 362 may have been an occultation. It’s merely preview text, so I wouldn’t put too much stock into it. But not nothin!

Glad to pick up a copy few days ago, thanks for the link. I'm loving this new format for the way information is shared leading up to the release of the episode. Well thought out - thank you to the team involved. Also, we're so close to the release ... it'll be another struggle to navigate spoilers before I get my copy in hand. Ship already (!!! ... wishful thinking).

Holy crap!! Neeeeeed translations but looks like we're getting a potential really fast reveal pertaining to the woman in the flashback....also looks like SK explains a TON of what we saw last episode. Also that cliffhanger ending noooooooooooooo :magni:.

Last edited:

Guts04

Sujal2351
Holy shit that cliffhanger. Things are progressing much more quickly than I originally thought. Can't wait for translations:ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts thinks back to what he saw, and says there's no mistaking it, that was an Eclipse. "Is he the same as me?" The Skull Knight goes into a hollow in the tree and to a grave where "the one he cherishes" lies. Danan asks him if he's here to visit the grave of the cherry blossom princess/priestess. Schierke says that in the glimpse she saw, the woman looked exactly like Danan. The Skull Knight answers something complicated and poetic about his end, his current state and the fact he only has one goal now.

Last edited:
Can't help but notice the stone and its designs in this episode (I suppose from the grave of the Cherry Blossom princess/priestess) are very similar to some rock art found in Ireland, particularly of the chamber stone of Newgrange (which has been thought to be an ancient Neolithic burial site).
Newgrange_entrance_stone.jpg

The last few episodes have been absolutely incredible, can't wait for more.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Can't help but notice the stone and its designs in this episode are very similar to some rock art found in Ireland, particularly of the chamber stone of Newgrange.

Yes, it's got a Celtic vibe about it. It also looks similar to the ones that guard the island in episode 342.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the summary, Aaz!
Just a few thoughts, having just read the episode:

1. Confirmation that the ceremony we saw was an Occultation (at least in Guts’ mind, but he often nails these things)

2. Danan’s backstory wasn’t what I thought it would turn out to be. Who exiled her? Other magic users? I always assumed she was one of the most powerful magic users. Perhaps there was some sort of governing body (Gurus?) during Gaiseric’s time?

3. I never considered what became of SK’s corporeal body. Very cool that it’s in Elfhelm with his lover’s.

4. Maybe some of my favorite Isidro and Puck antics and expressions. Puck as the Emperor got a good chuckle out of me. Force lightning!

5. The ending. We knew it was coming and it was still cool.

Can’t wait for the complete translation!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow! Just read looked at the new episode.

It definitely wasn't what I was expecting -- I guess like a lot of people, I was anticipating a full-on Skull Knight flashback, but it looks like Miura opted to take things in a different direction with the comedic interlude leading up to another BIG reveal. The long-haul Berserk fan in me understands, while the greedy, desperate episodic reader is going "BUT WHERE'S MY FLASHBACK???" :ganishka: I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't initially disappointed, but who can get mad about Palpatine and Jar-Jar Puck? And that Isidro face... My life is changed.

The moment with Danan really stands out to me. My first thought for what might explain the resemblance between her and the Cherry Blossom Princess/Priestess is that perhaps Danan took on her appearance as a tribute to her after she died, as a sign of their closeness?

The ending bombshell is a long-expected one, like Rhomby said, but still exciting to see so soon! And with Casca so nearby! I definitely get the feeling that Casca will be drawn to her son, and hopefully she'll be able see/talk to Guts as a result (:guts: <3 :casca:). But then of course, there's a very good chance that Griffith could reveal himself, and shit hits the fan. Talk about a cliffhanger...

EDIT: I forgot to add, kinda funny that the paralleled friendship between Flora and the Skull Knight is brought up again just as the Moonlight Boy re-enters the scene. The Skull Knight spoke to Guts and Schierke on the beach (mentioning himself and Flora) before he made his debut. :ubik:

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
2. Danan’s backstory wasn’t what I thought it would turn out to be. Who exiled her? Other magic users? I always assumed she was one of the most powerful magic users. Perhaps there was some sort of governing body (Gurus?) during Gaiseric’s time?

It's Flora, not Danan (simple typo I'm sure) and she was exiled because she did something forbidden. Like, say, encase the soul of a dead man inside a magical armor.

3. I never considered what became of SK’s corporeal body. Very cool that it’s in Elfhelm with his lover’s.

I was in a rush this morning and mistook the person speaking (Gedflynn instead of SK). All we know for now is that it's the woman's grave. We don't know what became of Gaiseric's corpse.

4. Maybe some of my favorite Isidro and Puck antics and expressions. Puck as the Emperor got a good chuckle out of me. Force lightning!

You know, I didn't mind the Star Wars references back in the day because they were about the "real" trilogy, the one we old folks used to care about, but seeing Jar Jar Binks might have been too much for me. Of course he did it because of the resemblance with the Kelpie (and because Pock's the "wacky" one)... Anyway, it's funny to see Isidro terrorize the witches. Aside from the comedic element, his quick adaptation to a low Barytes environment shows that he's not to be underestimated. It reminds me of his encounter with Mule and the pirates in Vritannis.

Oburi

All praise Grail
You mean Flora? If Flora was exiled because of what she did for Skullknight then the relationship between them seems a bit more clear now given Skullknights connection to Danan (although I'm still confused on that, is she his offspring?). Anyway, seeing Skullknight at the grave reveals a side of him we don't see much of. It gives a great deal of depth to see the big suit of armor solemnly standing there. You almost half expect him to shed a tear (not quite=) which only speaks to Miura's masterful handling of this character who's expressions are so limited and yet in these few panels the weight of everything he's been through can be felt. Truly an amazing moment.

Man did anyone expect this amount of Isidro shenanigans after 362? Can't complain though. This might be my favorite comedic moment from the Isidro / Puck duo yet. Seeing Puck as the Emperor and Jar Jar is awesome. And the hideous determination on Isidros face lol. You know he's having a blast now that he's mastered being in low gravity. Seeing Isma again was great too. And riding what appears to be a Kelpie too. Makes sense I guess. The whole scene really hammers home the fact that everyone is getting to know each other and that things on the island can be safe and idyllic. At least, until...

Goddammit. I'm almost not ready for this. Although part of me expected things to move along quickly because I wasn't really expecting a massive episode full with explanations and speeches that some people thought were coming. That shit almost never happens. Before the boy shows up though there's a great moment between Guts and Gedflyn that I'm really hoping will provide some juicy nuggets. Can't help but feel for Guts here too. Outside, alone, looking back at the window seeing Casca and Farnese inside, smiling. Where he wants to be but can't. Then there's a flash of anger it seems as Griffith crosses his mind which to me in this moment was almost like the Beast, reminding him of his quest for revenge. That was actually slightly worrisome.

I guess that's it for now. Whew! What an episode.

You know, I didn't mind the Star Wars references back in the day because they were about the "real" trilogy, the one we old folks used to care about, but seeing Jar Jar Binks might have been too much for me. Of course he did it because of the resemblance with the Kelpie (and because Pock's the "wacky" one)...
At first I thought so too. But then I thought, "you know, we all know Miura's thoughts on the prequels. I'm sure there's going to be a payoff". And there was of course. But did I ever think that Jar Jar fucking Binks would make an appearance in Berserk? I'm going to have to say no. Never.

Last edited:
Top Bottom