Episode 364

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Ive been spoiled by a facebook post (which Ive deleted right after to prevent others from being spoiled) on a Berserk group. Which sucks cause as much as I liked to check out leaks in the past, that one, I wanted to keep as a surprise... :judo:

All that to try to prouve the series was continuing.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword

This is an official statement about the future of Berserk, from YA #18....
Man, reading those last couple sentences really got me.

For those who feel like you need to click that last page, just consider that it's likely the very last page of the series.

Do you really want to see that in a leaked format? As a reminder, the full release will be out in a little less than 2 days.
You know, in all these years taking a peak at leaks has never really bothered me. But this time... I think I'm going to be patient for once, and hopefully read this last episode spoiler-free.

BiQ_

" ... "
Thanks for the store link. Happened to have tokens already so spent those. In addition to the physical I got preordered already.

And yeah, I for one am going to steer clear of spoilers for this one. Probably staying away from reddit group too for few days, in case anyone botches spoiler markings...

For those who feel like you need to click that last page, just consider that it's likely the very last page of the series.

Do you really want to see that in a leaked format? As a reminder, the full release will be out in a little less than 2 days.
Usually I cant fight the excitement to peek at some leaked images. But this time I will hold steady.

The fact that they had to finish inking this episode for the master... I just want to cry.

Literally not a day goes by where I dont look at a page of berserk art. I dont even read sometimes because I have memorized every speech bubble. I just flip to a random page and spend time staring at small details, the lines, the shading, the characters.

I have been secretly hoping that he left something behind to work with. However now hearing how they were able to put the finishing touches on the masters work and are able to put out one last volume. I want this to be the end of berserk and hopefully no continuation comes out in the future.

Lay berserk to rest with Miura sensei. I dont want it touched by another man's hands, this was his love, passion, his life, his soul.

The statement is really touching, also really nice they were able to include it in English . When I saw someone else posting a pic of it and discussing it I had to immediately come here to confirm it wasn't fake, couldn't believe it'd be in English like that. I hope that the message allows people to let it rest now, at least for the time being.

It must have been very emotional finishing their late sensei's work, but I'm so thankful that they've been able to complete it and give us one last episode. As hard as I'm sure it was, it's a beautiful addition to this commemorative Young Animal and lining up with the Exhibition.

As for the episode itself, as tempted as I am and as hard as I know it will be to avoid the next couple days....I won't click! This is one of those episodes I need to sit down with and savour every page from start to finish. (likely with a glass of wine and few tears :judo:)

Last edited:
Anyone else hanging in there and not giving in to any spoilers!? I know I am. Doing it for you Miura
Yep.

Although, I was the one who "leaked" episode 358. Took some pictures of it for those who like to enjoy the leaks, but all I did was buy a copy of Young Animal on a Thursday night at a FamilyMart when I was living in Osaka.

This time, I'm waiting for the digital release.

Last edited:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Count me among those that usually live for the leaks as part of the whole process of consuming a new episode, the two page leak of Skully holding his sword over Femto is like a top 10 moment for me as a fan, but I am holding back for now. Even as I type this though I really want to check it out, especially with Salty Kenny's 100% satisfaction guarantee... =)

Hmmm, I mean, we could die tomorrow, right? Still holding out, but if I start having some sort of attack or something I'm dialing 911 and checking the leak while on speaker phone.

For me, It's less hanging on and more so actively avoiding spoilers across the internet.

To be fair though, unless you skipped the official preview collage too they basically gave the whole episode away. They certainly didn't shroud the contents in secrecy to surprise us.

They spoiled me the last page against my will on a web site...

and it seems at the end of the episode instead of "つ づ く" (to be continued) there is "終 わ り" (end)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
They spoiled me the last page against my will on a web site...

and it seems at the end of the episode instead of "つ づ く" (to be continued) there is "終 わ り" (end)

It's just おわり, and yes, it means it's ended. The official announcement we posted yesterday already made that clear.

I've tried to be nice and patient with the less thoughtful "fans" out there over the past few months, but honestly I don't know what else they were expecting. Well, I guess I do know: they figured anyone could continue Berserk, no big deal. That it would go on uninterrupted, and in fact, that it was annoying Young Animal was taking weeks to announce a continuation. "What's the hold up?!" Truly shameful and pathetic behavior.

I'm going to cut this bitter rant short, but as all real fans of Berserk know, the series could only exist thanks to Miura sensei's immense and deeply unique talent. His passing inevitably meant the end of the series. A continuation might happen in the future, but it could be years before it materializes. And even if it does, don't be mistaken: it will not be "Berserk" as you know it. It will be by another author, it will have a differentiating title, and it will not match the quality of Miura sensei's work.

Now, I'd like to ask our members just for this one last time to please try and focus on enjoying and discussing the contents of episode 364 itself instead of obsessing over "what's coming next and when". For those who really can't help it, they can always use this other thread.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Aaz. Miura was a genius and a one of a kind talent, I fell in love with the series because of Miura's writing and the care only he could have put in. The thought of seeing the story and characters of Berserk written and visualized by someone else should be enough to make any fan of the series faint. This was his story to tell and as much as it hurts to say he isn't here to tell it anymore so it ending here is the only way things should go.

Last edited:
I'm going to cut this bitter rant short, but as all real fans of Berserk know, the series could only exist thanks to Miura sensei's immense and deeply unique talent. His passing inevitably meant the end of the series. A continuation might happen in the future, but it could be years before it materializes. And even if it does, don't be mistaken: it will not be "Berserk" as you know it. It will be by another author, it will have a differentiating title, and it will not match the quality of Miura sensei's work.

Yes, it's absolutely true. And for this reason, it still hurts more to know that Miura is no longer with us because he was a genius of storytelling and drawing.

Young Animal’s statement clearly doesn’t put any emphasis on the future, so fans shouldn’t either, for their own sakes—we all know that without Miura it’s impossible for this story to conclude faithfully, and the announcement of new Berserk content of any kind (say even a new anime series or video game) won’t be happening for a while; it’s preposterous to think that some rash decision is going to be made just four months after Miura’s passing.

For now, let’s just admire this final episode and reflect on how much this series has meant to us and changed our respective lives—surely it’s the start of a new era for us all. Been reading since 2014 and will always be a fan!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I see some getting irate that people are treating this like the end, which, if the editorial statement didn't make that 100% clear, the author being dead probably should! It's being debated like that's beside the point, and to be fair I guess it is these days and speaks to our current media landscape that such things are overlooked or considered incidental, or not all, to the endless continuation and regurgitation of IP. I mean, some people, upset where the last page happened to fall, were basically advocating for them to include something else Miura drew, meaning to essentially tamper with, and taint, the integrity of the episode Miura wrote (yikes!) because they didn't like what, by chance, was on the last page. That or they were genuinely surprised by the "revelation" about the Moonlight Boy. But I myself digress...

Of course, I gave in instantly last night once I realized my hard copy wasn't going to be out in my mailbox anytime soon (and what if I got into a fatal car crash this morning!?), and because why should I enjoy this episode any differently from the rest and deprive myself the leak, so I checked out the last few pages (last one looks great btw), and... it's bittersweet to be sure. In a weird way it thematically checks a lot of boxes, especially for me, even though it certainly wasn't intended to with any permanency, but it's a wonderful little storytelling flourish in and of itself with even greater significance given the circumstances. There's even a little room for interpretation, thankfully; so, while Berserk ends, the discussion goes on. =) Greater things were to come, but all things considered I'm grateful we got this unexpected moment and look forward to the rest of the episode as it seems it'll all be quite fitting for the occasion.

Last edited:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
This is incredibly deppressing. I really wanted to see Guts embracing Casca most of all.. but thank you so much Mr. Miura!! for the years of dedication!!:judo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom