Episode 364

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode #364 will be in Young Animal #18 (September, 10).

In the same issue, will have :
-A poster with the best scenes of the manga.
-A booklet titled "Messages to KENTAROU MIURA"

BERSERK 364 (Young Animal 2021 #18)

RELEASES: September 10, 2021
DIGITAL STORE: Click here (Price: 441円 / $4.16)
PHYSICAL COPY: Buy from Amazon Japan (Price: around $20 shipping included)

Our forum policy prohibits the posting of full episode scans. Read more about our decision here. Instead, you are encouraged to purchase the digital edition of Young Animal.

First time buying a digital Young Animal magazine?

Read Aazealh's guide, or watch Walter's video tutorial.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: This magazine is only in Japanese? I can't read Japanese, so why should I buy it?
A:
I can't read Japanese either. But if you want to follow along with the latest Berserk releases, getting this magazine is the only legal way to do it. Berserk's episodes run in these magazines months or years before they are collected into a volume. You can read our summaries on the forum and wait for our English text-based translations of each episode, available in a week or so after release.

Q: What do I need to set up an account on Hakusensha-E?
A:
A valid email address, a Chrome browser (or another browser with a built-in Japanese language translation), and a credit card. PayPal is not accepted at this time. Follow Aazealh's guide to learn more in-depth information on setting up an account.

Q: Purchasing requires my bank to do extra stuff because it's an international purchase. What do I do?
A:
This happens to many first-time customers to shops outside your country of origin. It's your bank flagging a new kind of transaction from a new country. To ensure that this transaction is valid, you may be asked for more information to verify your identity and your bank account. Afterward, this is an automatic process. If you have further questions, you can read VISA's guide on how this process works, or contact your bank.

So...this is it. Is it a final blessing being bestowed upon us? Or a curse? More Berserk is always nice, but where we stopped off in 363 was, well...probably as good an ending point as we could get under the circumstances. It was by no means a conclusion, but at least it was on a hopeful note, with the child approaching Guts in aura of light. If that gets dashed in favor of a cliffhanger, it's like I'll be stabbed with the news of Miura's death all over again.

Deep down I had a feeling that Miura completed this episode. I know that it’s easy to say with hindsight being 2020. But the time between January and May made me feel like he might have had something.

...oh boy, it will probably be the most unique reading experience I've ever had. The epitome of bittersweet as a definition.

One thing is certain, this is gonna be one hell of an emotional rollercoaster.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
So...this is it. Is it a final blessing being bestowed upon us? Or a curse? More Berserk is always nice, but where we stopped off in 363 was, well...probably as good an ending point as we could get under the circumstances. It was by no means a conclusion, but at least it was on a hopeful note, with the child approaching Guts in aura of light. If that gets dashed in favor of a cliffhanger, it's like I'll be stabbed with the news of Miura's death all over again.

Every episode ends with a cliffhanger of sorts. Even 363. It's true that it made for an elegant note on which to leave the series unfinished, but if Miura had completed episode 364, then it should definitely be published. Having more Berserk from Miura is always better.

I was not expecting this episode to drop so soon. To say I'm feeling mixed emotions probably doesn't sum it up too well. Crazy.

Just to clear up any possible misconception: this isn't a continuation of the story by new people. It's an episode, likely the last one, that was already completed (or quasi so) but that Young Animal kept in store while they prepared their special commemorative issue. And as expected, they timed that issue's release so it would coincide with the Big Berserk Expo.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Thx for the info. Ill sure try jard to pick that one up. Like others have said, Ive got mixed feelings about this. Ill probably cry my life when Ill get to read it. Still unbelievable but like @Aazealh said, more Berserk from Miura is always good even knowing its the last. Happy/sad times.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Like others have said, I’m feeling mixed emotions about this release. Overall, I’m happy. It’s more Berserk from Miura, and that’s a good thing, regardless of how the episode ends. Personally, I can’t wait.

I was just waking up and saw this on a discord server notification... Then came straight here for more info. Same, mixed feelings right now.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Personally, I hope nothing too crazy happens and that this episode continues the feeling of peace leftover from the last one.

Wow this is a strange feeling, I am kind of scared to read this just because I know I will want more but then again like aaz said more berserk from miura is a blessing. Also when we were hit with 363 being the last episode it was so unexpected atleast now it might feel like a true conclusion in a strange way.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
From what I understand, thats the pre-order for next week's issue since on the site its said that this issue is released on august 12th. I figure the pre-order for ep364 should be around sept 7 or something.

You're right! I hadn't seen that they list the actual release date, but this is not the right issue. It'll be the next one, released on September 10th.

I hope this is not the final episode of the story :(

Well the author of the story has passed away, so...

Oh wow. Well I expected at least one more work in progress. Interesting to see Miura's final indication where he was taking it. Dealing with the boy could tie quite a few things up. Thanks Heiji-Sama for the news!

From what I understand, thats the pre-order for next week's issue since on the site its said that this issue is released on august 12th. I figure the pre-order for ep364 should be around sept 7 or something.
Thank you both for the clarification. Even with noticing the release date, I was in doubt. (Especially since the 10 of September is mentionned by Heji-Sama) It's quite confusing to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom