Episode 364

Status
Not open for further replies.
The characters aren't actually in the exact same spots either, just the same general location.
Yeah, I agree. Looking at it again, they seem to be a lot closer to the house this time around, and the tree Guts was standing under is not visible either. In addition, there are actually some dialogue baloons on the preview shot that might not be comming from Guts. Could Griffith be talking to them as he is transforming?

I wonder if the episode will be normal length, or if they might just incorporate everything miura had finished into a relatively large episode? I kinda hope so honestly.

Of course it could be a normal sized episode and also be all that miura finished. Who knows.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Could Griffith be talking to them as he is transforming?

Yes, that's what is happening.

I wonder if the episode will be normal length, or if they might just incorporate everything miura had finished into a relatively large episode? I kinda hope so honestly.

Of course it could be a normal sized episode and also be all that miura finished. Who knows.

I don't think they would publish it if it was halfway done. I also don't think they'll append other unfinished material, otherwise they would have probably mentioned it.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Stupid Random thought I just had:
Regardless if they will officially announce something in this issue or not, I'm curious if this Episode will have the つづく.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, it was really happening, guys! I'm a little bummed all over again we won't get to see even this scene play out beyond this (sure there's not a couple more in the chamber? =), but if the series' publication happens to end with a shot of Guts swinging the Dragon Slayer down on Griff's head like Aaz surmises... that's a pretty on point note to end on, especially by chance! Maybe Guts would slice him in half and when Griff split apart only the boy would remain standing there, alive and well. Casca is cured. The world is healed. THE END! :guts:

Or, in the volume just follow it with a blank, black page ala The Sopranos.

In any case, this is awesome, we're even getting the trinity back together one more time, however briefly.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Exactly my thoughts when Aaz mentionned the possibility of the episode finishing with the sword swing from the exhibition. It would kinda remind how the old 97' anime ended.

Found a slightly clearer version of the preview.
VII1vud.jpg

Oh nice! Now we can even see Casca sleeping with the boy under the panel of Guts sitting outside her window.

And also I think Casca is wearing a robe in the panel where the boy turns into Griffith. So I guess the boy left while they were sleeping, Guts noticed it and followed it, Casca either felt it leave or felt something happening to it and got out of bed to look for it, and that's how we probably arrived at that panel on the bottom left.

VII1vud.jpg
Wow! Those scenes in this preview are awesome! In his last work, Miura brought the kid to his parents, and apparently in the bottom left panel, griffith reveals himself to Guts(?) and probably finished volume 41!
I don't know what happens next, i hope they will tell us. I wish it could continue, but i know it's hard.

It looks like the ending of the episode is basically the boy setting out to leave like he always does while Guts is guarding the house, and as Casca is about to go look after him both her and Guts encounter Griffifh taking over the body of the child.

Wow. I did not want to spoil anything for this one. But I opened up my Instagram page and BAM there it was. Of course, I would’ve inevitably read here too. Nothing too unexpected I suppose. It’s the last thing that I was truly hoping for. For Miura to flat out confirm to any oblivious readers what he has been hinting at for years. To get to watch it all play out for Guts and Casca. My excitement can barely be contained!

Last edited:

Another special podcast from me and Aaz with our excited conversation on the preview image and what each little panel could reveal.
This was awesome. Thanks for this -- it got me even more excited.

Yeah, I don't think this is going to be a fight. It likely will get close before it gets intervened (by Casca or someone else) but I am ready to see everyone's reaction to the transformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom