Episode 367

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Episode 367 will be published in Young Animal #14, slated to be released on July 8.

RELEASES: July 8, 2022
DIGITAL STORE: Hakusensha-E (Price: 450円 / $3.5)
PHYSICAL COPY: Buy from Amazon Japan (Price: around $20 shipping included)

YA2022-14.png

This episode is part of the new serialization of Berserk that is being done without Kentarou Miura. It's based on some of the material he left behind as well as what he had told his close ones of the story over the years. Kouji Mori, his best friend and a fellow mangaka, writes and supervises the series while his former assistants draw it under the banner of Studio Gaga.

-----------------------------------------------------

Our forum policy prohibits the posting of full episode scans. Read more about our decision here. Instead, you are encouraged to purchase the digital edition of Young Animal.

First time buying a digital Young Animal magazine?

Read Aazealh's guide, or watch Walter's video tutorial.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: This magazine is only in Japanese? I can't read Japanese, so why should I buy it?
A:
I can't read Japanese either. But if you want to follow along with the latest Berserk releases, getting this magazine is the only legal way to do it. Berserk's episodes run in these magazines months or years before they are collected into a volume. You can read our summaries on the forum and wait for our English text-based translations of each episode, available in a week or so after release.

Q: What do I need to set up an account on Hakusensha-E?
A:
A valid email address, a Chrome browser (or another browser with a built-in Japanese language translation), and a credit card. PayPal is not accepted at this time. Follow Aazealh's guide to learn more in-depth information on setting up an account.

Q: Purchasing requires my bank to do extra stuff because it's an international purchase. What do I do?
A:
This happens to many first-time customers to shops outside your country of origin. It's your bank flagging a new kind of transaction from a new country. To ensure that this transaction is valid, you may be asked for more information to verify your identity and your bank account. Afterward, this is an automatic process. If you have further questions, you can read VISA's guide on how this process works, or contact your bank.[/hr]

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Copy pre-ordered!

Now I'm very curious how this episode will play out. Are we gonna get a big fight between Guts and Zodd or will someone interrupt things before shit hits the fan.

I'm also wondering how many more apostles are coming. I'm one of those who do believe it was not just Zodd that came through the branches. I just dont think a huge army is coming down on the island though. I've been debating withing myself as to weither human soldiers were gonna drop with a bunch of apostles or only apostles...

And I do hope the pacing will not be too rushed here because theres a lot of interesting possibilitues if they are played well.

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
With the short range of days between that release and the last, I wonder if the team had these episodes completed a long ago, and if so, will they do adjusts based on the feedbacks of the fan

Wondering too when all the completed episodes are released, how long the team will have to work on new episodes releases.

Btw, I'm not really excited for that episode, but curious to see what will happen

Regardless of the quality there is still some Miura left in the pages in terms of story and the world/characters he created. I think that is worth a little excitement even though the team can never live up to his genius.

I have no idea what direction they will take it in from here:
Play it safe and just have Zodd and Femto leave, no invasion. The last episodes are spent on world building and Casca finally overcoming her trauma and seeing Guts?
Or Zodd dies, small backstory is given.
Or an invasion occurs, continues into the next Arc.
Or some weird shit happens nobody could foresee.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
Yikes, I can see the angle they were going for, but It really messed them up on the Dragonslayer. It's gigantic!

Also what happened with Zodd??? Did Skull Knight come and distract him. I don't see how this plays out. Guess we will find out soon!

Last edited:
Artistic flaws aside, seeing what happens in that image just rubs me the wrong way, a whole lot. I have to believe that there is an explaination for this, I'm not sure if it's possible for the Boy to already take over Griffith's actions moments after the switch happened. Waiting for the official release to see what's going on, it's easy to pick on things out of context.

Artistic flaws aside, seeing what happens in that image just rubs me the wrong way, a whole lot. I have to believe that there is an explaination for this, I'm not sure if it's possible for the Boy to already take over Griffith's actions moments after the switch happened. Waiting for the official release to see what's going on, it's easy to pick on things out of context.
The boy has controlled Griffith in broad day light. The moon is still out here.

Last edited:
The boy has controlled Griffith in broad day light. The moon is still out here.
Yeah, I hope it's something like that because it freaks me out to see Griffith and Casca near each other. The boy surely would do such an action to Casca, but I'm not yet sure the situation justifies his intervention (last time it a life-threatening situation to her)... and honestly in my ignorance (I'm still early in my first re-read) I thought that if the switch happened, the boy couldn't keep controlling Griffith and that since Griffith took over moments before, the boy would be unable to intervene. To sum it up, all I fear is that this is a deliberate action by Griffith, and not by the boy.
I guess we can only wait and see.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope it's something like that because it freaks me out to see Griffith and Casca near each other. The boy surely would do such an action to Casca, yet I'm not yet sure the situation justifies his intervention (last time it a life-threatening situation to her)... and honestly in my ignorance (I'm still early in my first re-read) I thought that if the switch happened, the boy couldn't keep controlling Griffith and that since Griffith took over moments before, the boy would be unable to intervene. To sum it up, all I fear is that this is a deliberate action by Griffith, and not by the boy.
Instead of ”controlled” I just want to correct myself by saying Griffith feels what MB feels when Casca/Guts are around. I think the interactions have been protrayed to make that the obvious guess. About the approach I’m curious too, because he should be doing no good with the effect he has on the brand.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of ”controlled” I just want to correct myself by saying Griffith feels what MB feels when Casca/Guts are around.

The boy did compel Griffith to move when Casca was endangered on the Hill of Swords, so I'd say it goes beyond just sharing feelings.

I think the interactions have been protrayed to make that the obvious guess. About the approach I’m curious too, because he should be doing no good with the effect he has on the brand.

"Doing no good" could very well be the point. If we assume that Griffith's goal is to curtail the boy's escapades, this could just be a way to threaten him into compliance. We can assume that the boy wouldn't let him directly hurt his parents, which could explain why he merely deflected Guts' attacks and didn't knock him back 10 meters into a tree.

So he can't just attack Casca, but because of the Brand, simply hugging her should cause her incredible pain and make her bleed profusely. By doing so, it could actually be the boy who would urge him to get away from her, since he'd feel his mom bleeding to death and agonizing. It would be a warning: "if you come to them again, they'll only suffer". And it could be made even more potent if she finally remembered the Eclipse in full and the boy felt her fear/repulsion.

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
The one leaked image that matters

lol wtf
Oh shit, that image has sent chills to my spine.
Same got me interested. Seems like the kind of plot twist we could have expected from Miura himself.
Indeed
But the quality of the art are more disappointing than what I fell on the two last episodes. I'll have to wait for the full episode before any conclusion.

Yeah, I hope it's something like that because it freaks me out to see Griffith and Casca near each other. The boy surely would do such an action to Casca, but I'm not yet sure the situation justifies his intervention (last time it a life-threatening situation to her)... and honestly in my ignorance (I'm still early in my first re-read) I thought that if the switch happened, the boy couldn't keep controlling Griffith and that since Griffith took over moments before, the boy would be unable to intervene. To sum it up, all I fear is that this is a deliberate action by Griffith, and not by the boy.
Well, when Guts and Griffith fought on the Hill of Swords,
didn't Griffith move to protect Casca from some falling rocks or another hazard? And I think he said it was because of the lingering emotions of the boy, right?
EDIT: Yeah, Aaz mentioned that while I was typing XD

Ahhhh 3 more days till the next episode :chomp: I agree that some panels look off so far, though it might be due to to the quality of the scans (another good reason to stick with the official releases), but I hope the team will improve as they continue working, we're only 3 episodes in. It took Miura a while to reach his full mastery after all, the Black Swordsman arc had good art but it was the later episodes which were truly incredible.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
In general I'm withholding judgement until we have a full, high quality episode to analyze because the leaks always look worse out of context, art and story-wise. Even a full page can be half a two pager that changes the focus of what we're seeing and one's impression of the execution (literally happened in just the last episodes). Pretty exciting stuff though, but so far it doesn't help the impression this is a redux of the Hill of Swords. =)

@Griffith Fate is a spiral :)

apparently this episode is 15 pages long and only 2 of them contain dialogue :)
I was optimistic about this continuation but now im starting to worry , will only read to know the ending and cope I guess.

One thing I'm worried about is how they're gonna wrap up this arc...they said Fantasia was going to end in 6 episodes, right? We're already 3 episodes in and it's just Guts fighting Griffith with Zodd as well. A lot of us were thinking they were setting up for a big invasion of Skellig, but how could they portray that satisfactorily in just 3 episodes? :magni:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well as its been said before, nothing points for sure that the beginning of the next arc will start somewhere else. It might be the follow up of whats to come. But yeah I do wonder where they are going with that.

Top Bottom