Episode 369

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yep. I imagine it will mainly be us old-timers by then. I'm not going anywhere until I see a 404 - Not Found. "Uh, oh. Hope Wally's okay." :SK:

As far as the liberal and conservative continuation points go, I think there is some value to the middle ground they struck from the simple fact that it allows for more art. We get to see these iconic moments and events that Mori recalls in-depth and from many angles with the illusion that we're still using the same narrative device. It's clunky at times but it's produced quite a few iconic images already, and that's something. It's not Miura so I suppose many think its art is counterfeit, but I appreciate the extended good-bye. I feel like the purist conservative version would be a series of two-page spreads with descriptive text across them and the occasional line. That for me would feel like an abrupt epilogue.

As far as the liberal and conservative continuation points go, I think there is some value to the middle ground they struck from the simple fact that it allows for more art. We get to see these iconic moments and events that Mori recalls in-depth and from many angles with the illusion that we're still using the same narrative device. It's clunky at times but it's produced quite a few iconic images already, and that's something. It's not Miura so I suppose many think its art is counterfeit, but I appreciate the extended good-bye. I feel like the purist conservative version would be a series of two-page spreads with descriptive text across them and the occasional line. That for me would feel like an abrupt epilogue.
Yeah, agreed. I think there's some merit in the idea to ignore the bad points and remember the good points. There's no sense to rage against reality, Berserk as we know it has ended and this is just a tribute with good and bad moments, but it still comes from the heart. It's like critiqing Mori if he were to give a speech at the funeral. Sure, there's clunky parts, but he's not a poet, like his friend. It's not Miura giving that speech, but Mori. Recalling memories of them together. And he's trying his very best to represent his best friend as best as he can.

Top Bottom