Episode 373

I think you guys are reading the new chapters wrong. The fine details and life that Miura's hand granted to the pages is gone. Expecting the same will lead to nothing but disappointment.

You should read them like this:

-Guts is at his lowest point
-Kushan arrive

And appreciate some alright art (which has at least getting better admittedly). Rinse and repeat until we see the ending.
I don't expect the same attention to detail as Miura. Few mangakas actually managed to do that.

But I expect at least a decent amount of coherence according to the major plot ; which isn't happening.

Things like Guts completely forgetting about Casca or Skully making a ridiculous appearance (only to disappear after) isn't acceptable for this manga.

So Mori decided to use the same lines that the dead souls goaded Guts with at the start of the series, : "Your soul, your flesh, etc... " Really really lame. The whole ritual and everything felt completely bonkers and the Dragon Road seems to serve no purpose other than to highlight that Griffith has a powerful Od, which we already knew. At this point, all I want out of the series is to hope that they might at least give us some solid fights against Zodd, Grunbeld, and the other apostles. But given everything we've seen, I doubt that will happen.

The random Kushan raid is probably the worst part of this episode. Are they supposed to be remnants of the Kushan fleet that turned to piracy after Ganishka's defeat? They are there probably to be the first victims' of Guts' berserk rampage, for no other reason other than make Guts look cool, which he obviously doesn't need.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The whole ritual and everything felt completely bonkers and the Dragon Road seems to serve no purpose other than to highlight that Griffith has a powerful Od, which we already knew.

It's not even that, I think she's really just commenting on the fact the World Tree's branches all come from a single origin (the trunk of the tree). Which, like.... duh. But yeah, it shows a misunderstanding of what the "Road of the Dragon" is about. It's honestly pretty disheartening.

Top Bottom