Episodes 365 & 366

Also it seems like the digitally colored art of Guts tends to give him a slightly more warmer tanned skin-tone than how Guts was colored with traditional art tools/mediums?

Also it seems like the digitally colored art of Guts tends to give him a slightly more warmer tanned skin-tone than how Guts was colored with traditional art tools/mediums?
To me, it feels like it hasn't been consistent for years now. The shading tends to change too, so it's to be expected.

The art is cool! Definitely a different looking style but I don't want to hate, it still looks cool :) I'm no artist so don't really know the proper vocab but it maybe looks a bit more angular than usual? Especially the face.

Ordered 2 copies of this issue, one for my girl. Im honestly very impressed by the clear file illustration by Studio GAGA.

I have also seen some leaked panels on reddit, and art style wise it's overall more than okay for me, although it can be a bit hit or miss. Now im hoping the dialogue is good enough next. Apparently next episode will come out on July 8th, which worries me, but we will see. Can't wait for the full release now!

Last edited:
Are you actually writing a "review" based on 4 out of 35-40 poorly scanned pages? :rickert:
Not a review but thoughts on it. I personally feel the paneling if off and doesn't feel like Berserk and it feels like a continuing one. Rather than look at the obvious take a look at the criticisms rather than joke it off. I would say overall so far a 7/10 based on what I've seen which is not shocking since its a common thing in manga forums for when scanned pages come out thoughts emerge. If you don't like criticisms then that's fine I have some and I will say it in a fair way.

Last edited:
Saw some of the leaks. The way they draw Griffith leaves something to be desired. He lacks that ethereal quality Miura always gave him and I feel like his hair is too short or not full enough. Overall though what I saw looked pretty decent.

@TheWillOfT Thank you for the higher scan.
The title of chapter 365 is: 十六夜のしじ堂
しじ can have many meanings (i.e. support, stillborn child, four seasons, instructions); not sure why they didn't provide kanji here
堂 means "temple; shrine; chapel; hall"
So, we get "16 nights/evenings at/in the ... temple; shrine; chapel; hall"

Last edited:
I noticed that since Femto was incarnated his pupils were always white. Probably to hint at his divine and overwordly nature. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Miura was always pretty consistent with this detail (even in the last panel of 364 Griffith still got white pupils). Now in this episode the pupils are clearly black, and overall like somebody else noticed, Griffith feels less ethereal and much closer to his pre-incarnation appeareance. I wonder if this detail was overlooked or was done on purpose.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Very impressed with what we've seen of the art style so far. Some things look spot on, some things look wholly new, and others look like strange hybrids, which they literally may be depending on what Miura left behind (I'm specifically talking about Casca's and especially Griffith's heads/faces on their bodies in two of those shots; it could also just be different studio GAGA team members). Anyway, I'm expecting a lot more variation given this is drawn by a team now, but if they can maintain this level of quality it'll be a miracle like Mori said. Looking forward to a much larger sample size!

I noticed that since Femto was incarnated his pupils were always white. Probably to hint at his divine and overwordly nature. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Miura was always pretty consistent with this detail

You're wrong, he's had black pupils too. =)

Last edited:
Wait some pages were leaked? But regarding the color poster it definitely looks like a more generic anime style with some Miura touches in there, Puck looks almost exactly like he did in one of the 2016/17 anime posters. It looks like key art for an anime project announcement or something. I'm fine with it, it's great, I like all the different light sources like the yellow from puck and the purple rim light in the left and the warm red light from below guts. It's definitely one of those pictures that grabs people's attention, and I understand why they made It. but I hope they create some more diverse pieces in the future.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
I'm not mad at what I've seen so far, honestly. This is a close enough approximation that it's more than tolerable. But as other's have mentioned, I'm a bit more concerned with page construction and narrative flow than just the art at this point. But so far, I'm impressed. Really looking forward to getting my hardcopy (which I finally got around to ordering yesterday) and seeing the whole thing in sequence.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I think it’s important to keep in mind that we’re seeing their very first effort without Miura. I’m sure their art and composition will improve over time. It won’t reach Miura’s level, but it could end up being pretty damn great by the end. I’m sending good thoughts their way!

Top Bottom