FAQ UPDATES: 04/05/02

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I need a review of the art book: War Cry. Also, if anyone finds my reviews of the other art books kinda lacking, feel free to write your own (not being sarcastic).

On other notes, Ill be going through the whole FAQ today and tomorrow and making any needed changes/updates. Feel free to offer any suggestions!

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Did some research and got some info on the various Berserk music CDs.

Kenpuu Denki Berserk OST - Catalog Number: VPCG-84639 - Release Date: 11/06/1997

Penpals - Tell Me Why - Catalog Number: VPCC-82104  - Release Date: 11/06/1997

Silver Fins - Waiting So Long - Catalog Number: VPCC-82105 - Release Date: 11/06/1997

Susumu Hirasawa - Berserk ~Forces~ - Catalog Number: CODA-1383 - Release Date: 11/01/1997

Berserk: 1000nen Teikoku no Taka, Wasurebana no Sho OST - Catalog Number: MMCC-7008 - Release Date: 12/15/1999

The above info was gleaned from www.cdjapan.co.jp and www.jpophelp.com.  Let me know if you want track listings or pics for the three singles, I'll try and search them out.

(Question:  The CD Japan title for the Berserk DC game up there may be a typo, wasn't it Wasurebana no Sho?  Same meaning basically, different reading...)

EDIT: changed "Soushitsuka" to the correct "Wasurebana".

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Okay, so I didn't wait to ask if you wanted them, but here are the track listings for the singles.  :p

Penpals - Tell Me Why
1. TELL ME WHY
2. underground
3. Nevermind
4. super power

Silver Fins - Waiting So Long
1. Powder
2. Waiting so long
3. Undo
4. Wash you out

Susumu Hirasawa - Berserk ~Forces~
1. BERSERK ~Forces~  
2. BERSERK ~Forces~ (GOD HAND MIX)  
3. BERSERK ~Forces~ (Original Karaoke)
4. BERSERK ~Forces~ (TV version)

I also have a few small pics of the covers of each single (gratuitously ripped from the Penpals, Silver Fins, and P-Model official homepages, respectively) in case you need them.  

http://lonestar.texas.net/~ansel/berserkcd/

They will be taken down in a couple days due to bandwidth issues with my webspace.

Hope this helps!   ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ughughugh....

http://www.skullknight.net/faq/section3/tempmanga.html

Im not very proud of it... but it gets the job done for now. This will replace the story section, and will eventually have summaries...

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Lookin' great so far! Managed to keep everything in a nice clear order and still provide tons of info. :) When it comes to completeness, you're kicking the old Story section's ass leftways and rightways and pretty much all over the place. Sono choushi de susumeba ikeru ikeru! Just need to clean up those ass remnants when you're done kicking. 8)

Brainstorm time... *click*

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Not sure if it's reasonable or necessary, but an idea...

Listing both the Japanese and English titles of Chapter names and TV Episode names. Could possibly have two columns side by side for this, although it'd take up a large portion of the screen...

If that's too cluttered, maybe a "title translation" section of the FAQ.

If that's too cluttered, maybe nothing at all.

Thoughts?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if it's reasonable or necessary, but an idea...

Listing both the Japanese and English titles of Chapter names and TV Episode names.  Could possibly have two columns side by side for this, although it'd take up a large portion of the screen...

If that's too cluttered, maybe a "title translation" section of the FAQ.

If that's too cluttered, maybe nothing at all.

Thoughts?
Hmmm...that would be more complete, however I think it'd be redundant. Those that want the japanese titles can go to the japanese sites. Anyway, right now my design cant compensate for that much space. Thanks for the idea though.

Hmmm...that would be more complete, however I think it'd be redundant. Those that want the japanese titles can go to the japanese sites.
Yes, but translations may vary from one translator to another (how do we translate "Danzai", for example? ^^ )...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well here's the predicament. We need a central place where everyone can reference the names/events of things in Berserk. The FAQ hopes to be the "thing" that does that. Therefore, we need to have ONE piece of informaiton, not 3 different ones. If you insist, Ill put the japanese in there too, but right now Im going to push out the english translations of them first.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
You're right that it'd be too crowded to put all that info in the Story section, and well, the charts you have laid out for that look good already.

It probably would be a good idea to make a separate section for reference though, specifically for the chapter and episode title translations.  That way, if someone starts a thread about "Ougon no Jidai" or "Danzai Hen: Bakusa no Shou", our Japanese illiterate will be able to participate too simply by looking up a reference on the FAQ.  

Perhaps you can place sort of an English/Japanese Berserk Glossary as one of the sections of the FAQ.  That could cover the Chapter/Episode titles, as well as list a bunch of common terms in the Berserk universe that are altered greatly between English and Japanese (rakuin/brand, shito/apostle, etc).

Thoughts?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rescanned ALL the covers, and added a "high quality image" option if you click on the images. WELCOME  8)

I need high quality scans of 21-22's covers. If anyone has these volumes, PLEASE scan the images at 1050x750 resolution!!!! You will of cource, get credit!

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
My Vol.21 and 22 are due in from KinoKuniya by the end of the week, if nobody's surfaced and given you scans by then, bug me. ^^

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks man.

Also, just updated the page again ( http://www.skullknight.net/faq/section3/tempmanga.html ) with links to Ranemaka's translations!

(Question:  The CD Japan title for the Berserk DC game up there may be a typo, wasn't it Wasurebana no Sho?  Same meaning basically, different reading...)

Yeah, it was 'wasurebana.'

Also, just updated the page again
The first volumes still don't have the right episodes attached to them? I first thought you justwanted to show us how it'd look like, that's why I didn't say anything, but... ^^;;
Also, you're calling the Lost Children chapter an "arc"? Why?
('didn't check the translations of the titles yet ^_- )

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The first volumes still don't have the right episodes attached to them? I first thought you justwanted to show us how it'd look like, that's why I didn't say anything, but... ^^;;
Thoroughly confused... Huh? I based the order of chapters off of this site: http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-Cell/8900/story1.html which I assume is pretty accurate... Are you saying that Revenge Chapter 1 starts with the very first chapter?
Also, you're calling the Lost Children chapter an "arc"? Why?
I dunno... cuz it lasts over 3 volumes? The word ARC has a very vague meaning in english.
('didn't check the translations of the titles yet ^_- )
Thats what Ive been waiting on! ;D

I based the order of chapters off of this site: http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-Cell/8900/story1.html which I assume is pretty accurate... Are you saying that Revenge Chapter 1 starts with the very first chapter?
That's what I _was_ saying and I was wrong. ^_^;
So Miura merged four episodes into two for volume 2? Interesting... I never noticed that. ^^;
I'll change my episode listing... ^^
I dunno... cuz it lasts over 3 volumes?
It's a "shô", ie a "chapter". And it's the first one of the "Danzai Hen".
I'd say that:
Hen = part or arc
Shô = chapter
Wa = episode

And what would you call a TV episode?
Well, "TV episode"? ^^
I'd call that "episode", but I guess you don't want people to confuse manga episodes and TV episodes (still... would people actually think there are more than 100 "lost episodes" that nobody got to see outside of Japan? ^_^; )...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, "TV episode"? ^^
I'd call that "episode", but I guess you don't want people to confuse manga episodes and TV episodes (still... would people actually think there are more than 100 "lost episodes" that nobody got to see outside of Japan? ^_^; )...
There ARE a lot of stupid people in the world, but mostly I just call them chapters because a) less initially confusing b) its already been established for years that we call them chapters 8) and habit is a hard thing to break.

Dude, I just noticed a slight bug on that page - in the volume 22 section - check the last 4 chapters...it goes to 186, then back to 177 :p

And I AM going to finish 198. Promise :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, I just noticed a slight bug on that page - in the volume 22 section - check the last 4 chapters...it goes to 186, then back to 177 :p

And I AM going to finish 198.  Promise :p
Thats how the chapters flow in the volume though. 177-178 are the Serpico Farneeze story. Miura placed them after the "real" chapters. Kinda like the placement of the Prototype in volume 14.

Top Bottom