Farnese and Serpico: Two Poorly Conceived Emoticons

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Let me start off by saying I think the vast majority of Berserk emoticons are both interesting, useful and "very animated." They resemble the real characters.

For me, two glaring exceptions to this are Farnese and Serpico, whose emoticons have no consistency and are woefully out of place as members of SKnet's prestigious emoticon collection.

Before emoticons were introduced to the board in 2006, Farnese was a rough-draft, and was cut from the final lineup, never to see the light of day. The idea for a Farnese emoticon was well-placed, but just look at the dramatic shift in her look from how she REALLY looks. It's just so dramatic and unexpected.
farneseemo.gif
Huh? How does this make any sense? Farnese is just suddenly some Quaker-looking emo bitch? Without any rhyme or reason?

Also, what's her purpose in the lineup? Jodo's icon serves just as much purpose. Besides tagging along and possibly adding a female counterpart to a "boo hoo" emotion, what's the point? So I ask you, what does Farnese offer again?

I also have a similar problem with Serpico's emoticon.
serpico2a.gif
You're trying to make me believe that someone as intelligent and skillful as Serpico would have a stupid shit-eating cheesy grin on his face? Totally unbelievable. I really don't see that as Serpico, and I'm appalled the creator saw fit to encapsulate his character in this emoticon.

ANother thing, what purpose does he serve? He's not as good a "grin" emoticon as Guts. So whats the point? I'd honestly rather see him replaced with someone else for the emoticon lineup."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I take full responsability for that Farnese emoticon. But man, you're being a bit harsh here I think, I mean I really put a lot of goodwill into it. :judo:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
:ganishka:

I think that Farnese emote would fit well into the roster. Not necessarily as a companion to the "Poor Jodo," but as a display of utter embarrassment. The cheeks speak for themselves.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
I think that Farnese emote would fit well into the roster. Not necessarily as a companion to the "Poor Jodo," but as a display of utter embarrassment. The cheeks speak for themselves.

Yeah, that's precisely what she was made for. =) She's really just a "suspended indefinitely" project for cause of laziness (like many others, I must say). :-[

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Yeah, that's precisely what she was made for. =) She's really just a "suspended indefinitely" project for cause of laziness (like many others, I must say). :-[
"Unfounded arrogance aside, what you just wrote is a pointless collection of words, which in no way explain why her emoticon remains unpolished."

CnC

Ad Oculos
"This is so comical, I'm not even sure how to respond."

I think you should re-read 15-21 slowly, as she hasn't changed at all during that time.

farnese_emote.gif

"Farnese is portrayed as a hysterical, violent, sadomasochistic, incompetent, insane, cruel, pyromaniac idiot." Get it right.​

I'll lay off any extensive assumptions about what type of person you are until later when I go through all your posts then create a persona for you (you really think you're cool?). But trust me dude, I could easily embarrass you if I wanted to; your emoticons aren't even funny, original, or well drawn.

I would join in on the bandwagon by writing a 3-page essay explaining why the Farnese emoticon shows an honest portrayal of her character, but I'm lazy. :griff:

P

Pencil-smith

[quote author=Aazealh]I take full responsability for that Farnese emoticon. But man, you're being a bit harsh here I think, I mean I really put a lot of goodwill into it.[/quote]
Pff, perhaps you spent a bit of time on this, but the "harsh" remark is especially stupid, since you're assuming I'm commenting on your emoticons without thorough knowledge of iconography...

[quote author=Grail]
[/quote]
I turn 21 months 2 months from today, but if you asked me at the age of 16 months, I would probably reply that Farnese was a classic embarrassed hero, in the mold of Shierke.
Now, I realize that characters like Farnese or Shierke aren't really embarrassed at all; they're one-dimensional and wooden with red cheeks.

[quote author=yota821]
I would join in on the bandwagon by writing a 3-page essay explaining why the Farnese emoticon shows an honest portrayal of her character, but I'm lazy.
[/quote]
This is my first time putting my thoughts about Berserk emoticons to paper. Taking this into account, I would expect you guys to OVERWHELM me with reasons for why I'm wrong.
So far, I haven't seen it. All you guys ever do is not reply like some pussy-whipped© Serpico bitch.

[quote author=handsome rakshas]
Wow, CnC's Farnese emoticon is making me hot. I'd like to go with that one, good job!
[/quote]
Well, if you'll notice, we're currently in the middle of a pretty informative back and forth exchange on the subject. Even CnC has posted some concrete thoughts on the subject....you're the only one that hasn't.
Try to stick to the topic.

Sigh...anyone actually want to give me some tangible reasons why they disagree, or am I just banging my head against the stone wall of silly, misplaced elitism?

I was expecting a lot of different posts in response to my trolling, but not common sense.

[quote author=Pencil-Knight]
Hi.
[/quote]
You're not only arrogant, you're also exceptionally rude, and comically stupid.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Wow, CnC's Farnese emoticon is making me hot. I'd like to go with that one, good job!
Well, I see that many of you guys like it, but it just doesn't seem the logical choice to me... at ALL.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Well, I see that many of you guys like it, but it just doesn't seem the logical choice to me... at ALL.

That makes no logical sense, considering what we know of CnC's abilities and Farnese's childish, simple, cruel nature.

farnese_emote_embarrass.gif

The only visible change occurs around the beginning of the 2nd frame of animation, once she decides to be useless in Guts's party.

RedDevilFC

This avatar is totally illogical.
I'll admit; that's pretty funny. Personally, my favorite emoticon is the troll in the top hat, with what looks like a phone over his nose.

Edit

Beaten to the punch about the red, headless turkey.

RedDevilFC

Aazealh said:
It's a cane, dude.

I know.

However, it's so damn small, and appears over the troll's nose when his mouth is wide open, that it might as well be a phone. Either that, or some nefarious device for picking one's nose.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
RedDevilFC said:
I'll admit; that's pretty funny. Personally, my favorite emoticon is the troll in the top hat, with what looks like a phone over his nose.
PRESTO-CHANGEO! CHECK OUT YOUR NEW AVATAR-O!

RedDevilFC

Walter said:
PRESTO-CHANGEO! CHECK OUT YOUR NEW AVATAR-O!

I don't know whether to be pleased that an admin took time out to make me an avatar, or be upset that it's a retarded emoticon, which I cannot understand why any non-debil over the age of 12 would use.

Edit

The image itself is cool, but I had to change the stupid text underneath it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
RedDevilFC said:
I don't know whether to be pleased that an admin took time out to make me an avatar, or be upset that it's a retarded emoticon, which I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone over the age of 12 would use. :troll:
Fixed. And the old text was much better.

Waychel said:
The Idea of Evil looks like a turkey out of the oven to me though... :idea: :chomp:

That's because Evil is... delicious!

Totally need to be able to have :serpico: followed by :schierke: and then that Farnese emoticon, and ending with :guts: .

Oh, the emoticonic stories that could be told... :carcus: <- still the best of them all

*edito*

RedDevilFC said:
I don't know whether to be pleased that an admin took time out to make me an avatar, or be upset that it's a retarded emoticon, which I cannot understand why any non-debil over the age of 12 would use.

Drat, if I'd known that Tourette's was all it took to get me a kickass custom av like that, I'd have been touretteing it up in here from the start! (that's right, I verbed that noun, I can also noun verbs because I am cool like that)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I think Ganishka put it best when he said, and I quote, ":ganishka:"

I love the angry Farnese icon, by the way. Definitely needs to be added to the lineup.

Top Bottom