Favorite Berserk character

I don't like to put characters on a "post eclipse, prior to eclipse" mind set. It's a defining point and definitely pulls a 360 on every character, but I view it as a plot progression, not completely different characters within the same story.

My favorite (hello, generic answer!) is Guts. He's what attracted me to Berserk in the first place. He's one of the very few main characters of any fictional work I've ever read to -always- maintain my interest, let alone having the best story behind him (imo)

I love Griffith as the leader of the Hawks and as Femto. Again, that's the whole point why we go into the events that made Guts who he was. Femto wouldn't be nearly as interesting if we didn't discover anything about the events that made him into the "Wings of Darkness", having some odd 10 volumes and 100+Episodes driving up to that inevitable betrayal made you grow a strong attachment to everything.

Casca, still have love for her. But in all honesty, she's been insane for more volumes of the manga than she was sane (I believe she was introduced in Volume 4...mind shattered=13, current volume=32...)So I'm somewhat hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel coming up, or at least a resolution to this (yes yes, Skull Knight's speech of "let's not be selfish here" included).

Other favorite characters would be Puck, Serpico, Judeau, Grunbeld, Zodd, Skull Knight and Shierke. I actually like everyone in Berserk...damn my list.

relmneiko

Scaffold of Rotting Wood
Schierke! :schierke:

She's a mature and powerful witch, but despite that, she's still a sweet little girl. I think her crush on Guts is very cute. :3 And really, of all the female characters that have appeared thus far, she seems to be the most sensible mentally/emotionally stable. That's got to count for something. :D

Though I'll admit it... I'll have to throw another rock onto Guts' pile, because he's just made of awesome. :guts:

thorshammer

I'm a llama!
I'm still with Skullknight then Guts at this point. There is too much omission of Skullknight and a great deal of character development left for Guts to decide.

My favorite is Guts. The fact that he is human and able to fight off the demons in spite of the sacrificial brand shows just how strong and determined he is. My second favorite was Judeau. For no older than he was, he had a lot of common sense and was a dead aim with his knife throwing. He was also very loyal.

darkphoenix

darkness is all there is...
Hello to everyone, new here. ;D
My favorite one is Guts - of course, such an intriguing person and a tormented soul, always fighting with the beast within, his darkside. He doesnt talk much but instead he acts. Im very curious to see how he will progress and how it will all end up...
I also like that most of the characters in Berserk are not stable, they develop as the story goes on, just like real humans. Kentaro Miura is a god...

I'll go ahead and join the Guts group too heehee, just the fact that even though the odds are horribly against him, he attacks 'em head on, like he's got nerves of steel or somthing. To me, I feel like if I'm ever in a tight spot I should ask myself "What Would Guts Do?" Not that I would cut someone in half, but thinking about what he's gone through, it makes me want to try a little harder at what I do, idk (I guess that's weird because he's not even a real person heh).

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
My favourite character is Guts. :guts:

He is powerful, charismatic and a beast. :chomp:

After him, Serpico and Schierke. :serpico: :schierke:

Top Bottom