Favorite two-page spreads

Kentarou Miura does some fantastic artwork and his artistic talent really shines in his two page spreads.

P.jpg

This one is the most memorable for me. It's creative. I never thought an artist could capture a man's shock so great that it hides him from overwhelming guilt so well in a single, textless drawing.

What are your favorite two page spreads?

The nice thing about two page spreads is that the artist has more control of the message, not some nerd who thinks Guts should say "Pretty please with sugar on top".

Anyway, I think it's fine to use scanlations to find the images if you buy official Berserk volumes and disregard the groovy dialogue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Peregrine_Falcon said:
Anyway, I think it's fine to use scanlations to find the images if you buy official Berserk volumes and disregard the groovy dialogue.

No. The least you can do in that case is to remove the text. And then again I also recommend to remove it if you're using scans in Japanese. The purpose is to illustrate a post, not just to post scans.

Anyway, I'll have to think about what's my favorite, but honestly I like so many of them that I don't think I can choose.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I don't have it but I like the one where the we see the Kushan army invading midland right after the king dies. Its so epic and massive. MAybe someone will be kind enough and post that one for me. I don't have the books with me but I believe its 17 or 18.

Judo

Midlands finest
you mean this one?

v17_p126-127.jpg

i can't choose a favorite... there are too much superb 2-page-spreads in berserk.

Oburi

All praise Grail
10-4, thanks. It's not my favorite theres so many, but it's deff a cool spread. I like it mostly because of where it is. Theres really no hint as to any Kushan army invading Midland prior to this, I don't think. The king dies in a very delirious dreamlike state and then you turn the page and you see that massive army marching in. I know it caught my attention the first time. I thought, "o wow the haradrim from the LOTR are invading midland now." Muira was definitely "inspired" by LOTR! :guts:
Kidding of course

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Im not sure about FAVORITE, but this picture was posted across the internet in every Berserk fansite soon after it was published, back in the day. So, I figure people like it.

GUTSGLO.JPG

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I can't recall ever seeing a two-page spread in Berserk and not saying "Wow. . . ." to myself, sometimes even out-loud.
I've always been partial to this one; it's the epic scale, subversive theme and context of the subject matter that I like.

berserkgutsvsmozgusvx2.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Much like CnC there is absolutely no way in which I could possibly choose a favorite. They're all awesome. However, for the sake of the thread, here are a few that are not too likely to be posted by someone else:

Trolls-Enoch.jpg

Everyone's favorite! Trolls!

Trolls-FPS.jpg

First person view, pretty unique. And with trolls!

Trolls-Cave.jpg

More troll awesomeness. Man, these trolls are just too cool!

Ganishka-Wyndham.jpg

Ganishka ain't fucking around.

Group-Beach.jpg

How long since she had last smiled?​

Oburi

All praise Grail
berserkv31082sv8.jpg

Shot at 2007-12-24
sorry I couldn't do it justice by making it bigger.

I like this one because it captures some of Berserk's core themes. If I saw this picture on someones wall without any any knowledge of berserk I would immediately become interested and want to know the whole backstory behind the art.... On second thought, that can be said for all the spreads. I guess I just really like it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oburi said:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5234/berserkv31082sv8.jpg
Shot at 2007-12-24
sorry I couldn't do it justice by making it bigger.

It's a great image, but it's not really a 2-page spread, hehe. :beast:

03-04.jpg

I've always loved this two-page spread. The style reminds me of Zdzislaw Beksinski's art. I honestly cannot imagine the effort and time Kentaro Miura puts into his two-page spreads.

^
Similar art by Beskinski
http://hometown.aol.com/awriterslife/images/beksinski.jpg
http://www.gnosis.art.pl/iluminatornia/sztuka_o_inspiracji/zdzislaw_beksinski/zdzislaw_beksinski_1974.jpg

This is just one of my favorites:

Edit: sorry for the shitty quality, I had to use less then respectable means to attain that image.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Ramen4ever said:
This is just one of my favorites:

Edit: sorry for the shitty quality, I had to use less then respectable means to attain that image.

I second that, what a beautiful spread that is. Very emotional, it is without a doubt my favorite.

CnC

Ad Oculos
handsome rakshas said:
I second that, what a beautiful spread that is. Very emotional, it is without a doubt my favorite.

I attempted to color that panel when it was first released way back when. As I recall I never really got anywhere with it. Maybe someday I'll give it another go :/

CnC said:
I attempted to color that panel when it was first released way back when. As I recall I never really got anywhere with it. Maybe someday I'll give it another go :/

I am REALLY looking forward to this. Now that this is out in the open, theres no turning back, CnC!! :SK:

Ramen4ever said:
^
Similar art by Beskinski
http://hometown.aol.com/awriterslife/images/beksinski.jpg
http://www.gnosis.art.pl/iluminatornia/sztuka_o_inspiracji/zdzislaw_beksinski/zdzislaw_beksinski_1974.jpg
Beksinski fan too?

A lot of moments during the eclipse and the tower were very Beksinski-esque. Kentaro's drawings really are beautiful. <3

Top Bottom