Favourite Anime

just curious to other peoples favourite anime. some of mine are;

Berserk (of course)

Ghost in the shell- stand alone complex: certainly one of the most intellectual animes available.

Trigun has a good mixture of both comedy and drama, also vash is the man.

Scryed: its corny but a very enjoyable watch somewhat related to the strengh of will power.

X has a story quiet unique to most anime out there, as there isnt much like it.

cowboy bebop: though it doesnt have much of a continuing story, it is still a worthy anime, and is aparently one of the most popular animes out in japan.

anyone else have any likes or dislikes on these titles or others?

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Stand alone complex does have some of the prettiest animation I've ever seen in a series. I generally prefer OAV titles because most of the newer television animation is pretty poor and watered down. Excel Saga and Hellsing being the only recent exceptions that I care to consider. I've (recently) been severely dissapointed with Neo Ranga and Rah Xephon. Tried real hard but just couldn't get into Noir. Going back a little further I would list Evangelion right up on top.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
X TV is my favourite anime by far. It would be Naruto... but those damn flashback....

AAAAAWWWWWWWW BABAYz!@@@@@@@

0001_src_tending-wound.jpg

WTF>>WQE@@@

I need a colonoscopy G!

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Macross "Do You Remember Love"
Akira "duuuh"
Ninja Scroll "duuuhh"
Berserk
Evangelion
Golden Boy"It rules...it RULES!!!"

The Dragon Slayer said:
The best anime I've seen is Rurouni Kenshin Reminisence. It's beautiful. Even my dad loved it.

I have seen rurouni kenshin wandering samurai, its a tad kiddy but enjoyable, however samurai X blew me away, i wasnt expecting it to be so different.

Trigun, Tenchi Muyo! OVA, Record of Lodoss War OVA, and Berserk are my favorite series. Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Metropolis, and VHD: Bloodlust are my favorite movies.

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
Hmmm, tough choice...

I guess the ones I have enjoyed the most would be:

Record of Lodoss War (OVA, the TV series was very disappointing)
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka is one of the coolest of all)
Magic Knight Rayearth (I like a lot of CLAMP, but this is the best, by far)
Berserk (Saw it before I read the manga, so I could not say it was not as
good while I was watching. I still think it was really good though,
even after reading the manga)
Lupin the III (Thief with a heart of gold, blah blah blah. Still one of the
coolest of its type out there, though)

And that would be it. Of course, there are a lot that I really liked, these were just the best of the best. I still need to download Naruto and Gundam SEED, though.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
My favorite anime is Hajime No Ippo, with Berserk coming in second. I also like Last EXILE, Get Backers, Scrapped Princess, and Fruits Basket.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Hmmm, my favorite anime of all time is Vampire Hunter D, my second favorite is Samurai X [the Kenshin non-OAV can go to hell]. Other shows I've been following that I really like, RahXephon, Nadesico, Record of Lodoss War, Naruto, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, FlCL, .Hack//Signs, Trigun, Spirited Away, and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust.

when i watch anime i always choose to watch it with the original japanese dub and subtitles over an english dub, witch is the case with almost every anime movie and series i have seen. often english dubs are crap but to me it just feels more "anime", or just makes it distinct to any other animations.

does anyone else prefer the original japanese dub?

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
I always watch the Subtitled version with the Japanese Dubbing. After watching them subbed for a while, a lot of the English dubbed voices really start sounding annoying. There are only a few English dubs that I have heard lately and actually liked (Can't really think of any now though ;) ).

Mine are:
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Excel Saga
Fist of the North Star (not sure english title is written like that :p)
Trigun (but manga is far better)
Berserk (same as above)

Sancho Panza said:
Mine are:
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Excel Saga
Fist of the North Star (not sure english title is written like that :p)
Trigun (but manga is far better)
Berserk (same as above)

excel saga. whats that like, i have been meaning to check it out, and i have heard of fist of the north star but have never gotten around to watching it.

i have only seen the trigun anime, but i ahve been meaning to check out the manga, where did you get it from?

oh and saiya, what is puni puni poami???

Well, I'm italian and in Italy Trigun manga is going out in these months :)
About fist of the North star, it's pretty old and here some local TVs put it on 1 or 2 times for year, so I could see it many times without buy any vhs or similar ;D
And about excel saga, if you like nonsense, this is your anime ;D

Oh, and how could I forget Lupin the III? One of the first anime I've ever watched, and still so cool 8)

i saw a clip of excel saga on some dvd, it looked pretty fucked up, i usually watch action based anime, but the odd stupid ones here and there that are just watched for a laugh are good as well.

so you didnt download trigun from the net, where i am there are little or no manga around, so i download much of it.

These are the series that I like very much.

Berserk- Really good :)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rahxephon
Love Hina- Dub sucks >:(
Cowboy Bebop- Fun kick ass series

Well I watch dubs first if they suck I will switch to the subs.

Century Slayer

Shoushu!!! Bukkoroshite Yaru!!!
Here's My list, hope you all like it...

Tekkaman Blade....49 eps of Greatness!

Berserk...Even After reading through until Gats becomes one with the Beast it is still, for an anime, awesome. Man I need to hurry and get the rest from you guys.

Trigun is nice, but like Berserk, the manga is sooo much better.

Nadesico is really good too. I liked it just as much as the manga.

GoldenBoy is just amazing!

Century Slayer Gatsu said:
Tekkaman Blade....49 eps of Greatness!

Trigun is nice, but like Berserk, the manga is sooo much better.

i recently found several episodes of teknoman, its kind of cory and childish but its been about a decade since i last saw it so its good for memories sake.

as for trigun, well i cant think of one anime based on a manga that was better, manga just goes more indepth.

Top Bottom