First Berserk Cosplay?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
LauraOrganaSolo said:
I tend to bounce back and forth between apprehension and excitement over cosplay. berserk still seems to be something of a sleeper hit here in the States but even on Japanese sites I've never seen any Berserk cosplay.

And now I have. And I think this guy deserves some kind of award because this is one hell of a job. Enjoy.

* Gattsu's smirk.
* Gattu's smirk again.
* He's even got the boots perfect!
* OMFGosh Dragon Slayer.

Definitely one of the better Berserk cosplays, but, blue armor? Purple cape? No wrapped hands? Still needs work I'm afraid. The Dragonslayer looks good though.

I have seen worse. :-X

G

Genn21

:D , Man thats guts when like veiwed by someone color blind. He has the hair the build and the sword. No ones perfect tho he did a hell of a job with what he had. Im glad some ones out there to showoff gut's prowess worldwide.

At least its not a fat munchkin in pink sporting a pizza pan. ( Whats the blue crap comeing out from his belt ? )

kimchan

Majin Tenshi said:
thats not the DS, thats an exagerated Golden Age sword.

It looks like he might've gotten them mixed up. The blade is shaped and colored like the DS, but it has that big ridge in the middle. And then there's the guard, that's definitely from the Golden Age sword.

The more I look at those pics, the more he reminds of some kind of Sub Zero-type character. Damn black and blue...

I'm trying not to be too harsh, since I still remember the football-shoulder-pads & black-jeans Guts cosplay. :p

kimchan

xizor said:
i think this cosplay is the best guts one i have seen atm
http://www.comune.lucca.it/ASS_VOL/FLASH/Lucca00/berserk_gruppo.jpg

Wow, details. I wonder who that creepy old man is with them, though? ^^;

I did some searching (boredom reigns supreme ::) ) and found this posted on the old BSOM message board:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/3707/4-1-beruseruku.jpg

I love the look of the armor and the mechanical arm, just be nice if the guy didn't look so funny with his eye shut. But there is the ever so rare Skully cosplay too. ;)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
kimchan said:
Wow, details. I wonder who that creepy old man is with them, though? ^^;

I did some searching (boredom reigns supreme ::) ) and found this posted on the old BSOM message board:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/3707/4-1-beruseruku.jpg

I love the look of the armor and the mechanical arm, just be nice if the guy didn't look so funny with his eye shut. But there is the ever so rare Skully cosplay too. ;)

I saw all the other Berserk cosplay characters on a thread here and this one you posted of SK and Guts is the best one. That SK costume rocks!!!!!!

LG

kimchan

Lady Griffith said:
I saw all the other Berserk cosplay characters on a thread here and this one you posted of SK and Guts is the best one. That SK costume rocks!!!!!!

LG

Leave it to Olivier. He was the one who posted that link on BSOM. ;) That SK costume looks like it would be kind of uncomfortable, stuffy. The sacrifices of fandom. ^^;

LauraOrganaSolo

<Charlotte-Hime>
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I saved the one with Gattsu and Skully as "berserk_gattsu-skullknight_bestfuckingcosplayever.jpg" If there were some kind of live action Berserk movie, that's how I imagine the get-up for Skully and Gattsu would look. The wrist crossbow even looks well-worn and exactly like Gattsu's. Totally blown away.

As for the stuff I posted, I wasn't too sure about the blue armor either but didn't Gattsu have a violet or indigo cape early in The Golden Age story arc?

P.S. I want to cosplay as Caska. :-[ Too bad I can't fit my hair under a short wig anymore and I have no idea what to do for armor. I'd settle for Charlotte but I'll be damned if I could come up with one of her adorable and amazing gowns.

puella said:
The one in the middle is J..Judo? :eek:

From the fact that he had throwing dagger with him, i guess that is likely so

Looking at the armor, Guts in the cosplay seem to be taken from the lost children arc!

kimchan

LauraOrganaSolo said:
As for the stuff I posted, I wasn't too sure about the blue armor either but didn't Gattsu have a violet or indigo cape early in The Golden Age story arc?

The only capes I could find were sort of light blue (early on) and red-brownish sort of color (of course, I only looked at the Golden Age manga covers). I guess it's *sort* of close to purple. But I think he was going for the Black Swordsman more. Maybe it's his own version of a "Guts montage." ;)

kingofloss said:
And the Skully-Costume is not green... ;D

Well, we can't be perfect I guess. I'm not sure most people realize he's green. ;D

ZKK said:
Theres also a picture of two people playing Caska and Griffith, both of which are nothing short of a great effort either. Apologies if this has been mentioned before already.

Excellent cosplay. I just wonder, why do cosplayers always use that really shiny fabric for things that never looked shiny? Enough to put my eyes out sometimes. ;D

G

Genn21

kimchan said:
I just wonder, why do cosplayers always use that really shiny fabric for things that never looked shiny? Enough to put my eyes out sometimes. ;D

To show off. The main reason to do a cosplay is to look good and represent your favorite choice of character right ? Well if one chooses to do this. Why not show off in the process , and grab yourself more attention than any other of the characters out there. Like the ones who chose to dress up like you ?

Hell i just hope they go naked sometimes to represent a good hentai :D

LauraOrganaSolo

<Charlotte-Hime>
*kicks stuff in a jealous fury at the sight of the Griffith and Caska cosplayers*

That is so fricking awesome.

I wonder if thsoe are the same two that did this extraordinary Neptune and Uranus cosplay? I understand they're kind of cosplay celebrities and have done modeling work for some gaming companies.

The most extraordinary fact is that they're brother and sister (evident in this photo). Talk about the ultimate casting choice for Sailor Uranus: a beautiful boy, which is exactly what Uranus looks like in the anime and manga. :p

I love seeing these other Berserk cosplays. I'd love to see more, if anyone has more.

P.S. The rest of that particular site is here and I highly recommend checking it out. Isn't cuteness to these kinds of extremes illegal in some countries? :-*

IKAROW

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
GOSH!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really hate sailors...

But I really, really, really love the size of their dresses ... and I can't avoid to fall in love by those pretty babies u find in that link...

Oh! Thank u Laura for making my day happier!!!

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
IKAROW said:
GOSH!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really hate sailors...

But I really, really, really love the size of their dresses ... and I can't avoid to fall in love by those pretty babies u find in that link...

Oh! Thank u Laura for making my day happier!!!

*psst* one's a guy ;)

IKAROW

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
typhonblue said:
*psst* one's a guy ;)

WHA-WHAT!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OH-MY-GOD!!!!!!!!!! ITS TRUE!!!

YOU ARE NOT KIDDING!!

I DIDNT READ ALL LAURA POST!!! :eek: :eek:

WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE WORLD TODAY!!!!!!!

I FELL DIRTY! ;D

er... I mean...

Aham...

of course I already know that!! I was just testing you... ahem... Sure!!!

SHUT!

IKAROW

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
ZKK said:
Well heres four more Berserk fans having a go...

Note a lack of eye gouging shiny fabrics - the exception that proves the rule maybe? ;D

WOW!

Thats a very awesome cosplayer...

I cant say which armor is the best ... Gatts or and Griffith ??...

Anyway, all of them are very impressive...

One of the best Berserk Cosplayer I ever seen... Caska and Judeau are perfect too... Gatts looks like the one in Berserk prototype manga...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I took this while I was at Otakon. I thought it was pretty decent!!

Otakon2003-GriffithCosplay.jpg

Top Bottom