Flash games

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I found two flash games that sucked out a handful of hours of my evening. I think you guys would dig both of them.

Closure sort of reminds me of Braid.

And Crush the Castle reminds of older flash games, but is incredibly addictive.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Can't kill the bitch on the ground floor of the last Castle.
That one takes luck. Took me several tries, but eventually a plank fell on her pretty little head and: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *ROYAL SUCCESS*
 
Ahahaha, man, I wish Crush the Castle went on forever! The last castle for me was a matter of hitting the side about 1/5 of the way down - also, if you fire shots without letting the camera pan to the right, you can build up some pretty good damage from the cumulative momentum.
 

turkitage

ターク
Hehe that was fun!

Just beat that crush the castle, only ate up about 30 minutes.

Those bombs are awesome. I just get them near the people even if they are protected by walls the bombs splash will kill them.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Bekul said:
also, if you fire shots without letting the camera pan to the right, you can build up some pretty good damage from the cumulative momentum.
Now that's just smart. :ubik:
 
Walter said:
Now that's just smart. :ubik:
:griffnotevil:

Check out this game, 'http://www.kongregate.com/games/TerryCavanagh/vvvvvv-demo' - full game is called, I believe, 'VVVVVV', and can be bought at, naturally enough, http://thelettervsixtim.es/ - it's a really great 2d platformer adventure style puzzle sort of game, with a plot. Check out! It is delicious! :chomp:
 

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Bekul said:
Ahahaha, man, I wish Crush the Castle went on forever! The last castle for me was a matter of hitting the side about 1/5 of the way down - also, if you fire shots without letting the camera pan to the right, you can build up some pretty good damage from the cumulative momentum.
I only discovered that technique on the last castle, and mostly due to frustration, but it works good and it speeds gameplay.

Walter said:
That one takes luck. Took me several tries, but eventually a plank fell on her pretty little head and: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *ROYAL SUCCESS*
I've had a plank inches away from her head, several times. :mozgus:
 
Very nice games. I enjoyed Crush the Castle a lot. At first I had some problems because I was playing on my old PC and it couldn't handle the game very well but then I switched to my wife's laptop and things went a lot better. What I probably enjoyed the most were those moments where the castles were collapsing slowly and it seemed I wasn't going to get the last guard but I did in the nick of time. That felt great. :guts:

As for Closure I got to level 29 and I'm stuck. I'll probably try again tomorrow.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shane said:
Check out Crush the Castle on the iPhone/iPod touch if you've got one, it's got more levels and more weapons :guts:
Yeah, I bought it and it does have more features, but I really don't like how the camera tracks with the projectiles instead of panning right to the castle. It's disorienting and makes aiming and lining up sequential shots much more difficult.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Eluvei said:
Best game EVER!
http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html
It's fun, especially when you start to utilize the dash and double jumps together and you can practically just fly.
 

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Eluvei said:
Best game EVER!
http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html
Sorry, that is shit.

Besides, Canabalt did it better: http://www.adamatomic.com/canabalt/ (dunno why i'm posting a link, because everyone SHOULD've played this game already) - if you have an iphone/itouch, buy it.
 
NightCrawler said:
Sorry, that is shit.
Yeah it's not for everyone. Maybe you'll appreciate it when you're older and learned a few things about life. :griffnotevil:

NightCrawler said:
because everyone SHOULD
It's pretty fun but got old quickly to me. I actually like the Robot Unicorn game better, as ridiculous as it may be.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
I like the controls better in the unicorn game but still prefer the widescreen presentation of Canabalt, but really, if you don't like one, there's no reason to think the other is a must play. Anyway, let's not split hairs, by the time you get good at either of them, you'll probably be bored of them as well.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
グリフィス said:
I like the controls better in the unicorn game but still prefer the widescreen presentation of Canabalt, but really, if you don't like one, there's no reason to think the other is a must play. Anyway, let's not split hairs, by the time you get good at either of them, you'll probably be bored of them as well.
Yeah, pretty much. Canabalt was neat for 5 minutes before it got boring and the same goes for this game.
 
Top Bottom