Flowers and their meanings

berserk-1960333.png

I've been getting into flower interpretations lately and wondered if this particular panel was Muira showing us a hidden message. I can't quite make out all the flowers here, but I shall try my best.

Roses
If by chance the roses in this picture are blue, then they would corrolate to mystery or the unattainable.

Blue roses also relate to unrequited love.

Daffodils
I could be dead wrong, but I think I see daffodils in the mix of flowers.

Daffodils represent rebirth and new beginnings, which would be very fitting since Griffith and Charolette are in the throws of a new empire.

Forget-Me-Nots
The tiny flowers in between the bigger flowers look a lot like Forget-Me-Nots, whic represent true love and truthfulness, an ironic flower to say the least...

Sunflowers
Can't really tell but some of them resemble sunflowers, which represent admiration, longevity and loyalty. I have nothing of value to add, as I'd probably be repeating myself from the entry for the forget-me-nots.

Hypericum Berries
These berry plants represent good health.

As you probably can tell, I made this while being very tired and I'm most likely just drawing conclusions from nothing. As far I know, the boquet could be as hallow and superficial as the man presenting them.

I hope you enjoyed this post nonetheless and if I missed something, please point it out.

Bye and good night.

Dandelions
008.jpg

The last post lit a spark in me and I've been looking all over for flowers in Berserk, even stopping by the Lost Children's chapters.

These flowers, or rather weeds, look like Dandelions turning white, which is when the petals are now carrying seeds.

From what I've found out about the dandelion is interestingly enough, it stands for faithfulness and good health, as all parts of this plant can be used to relieve inflammatory problems and such.

They are also linked to the sun's power in ancient times.

What I wanted to point out is that Jill is surrounded by them, which could be Muira's representation of how Jill is like a weed, unwanted and mistreated, but is quite beautiful and very faithful, as she is both used as a sex object by her father's creepy booze buddies and sticks with Guts despite him nearly killing her multiple times :puck:

Not to mention how dandelions are very VERY hard to get rid of if you want them gone, and quite resilient.

I suppose this could apply to our beastly boi too, eh? :guts:

That's it for today. Tah-tah!

Top Bottom