For what army did Gambino's mercenary band work?

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Hey guys.

Like the title says, is there any info about it? I kinda want to know if Gambino was fighting for Midland or Tudor.

And another question. In the first movie, Midland soldiers/mercenaries had blue color in their armors, and Tudor had red, is that correct? So, when Guts fought Bazuso, he was in Tudor's side?

I know he didn't pick a side (neither Gambino), he just worked as a mercenary for the army that can pay him. But I want to know what side it was.

Sorry my bad english, and sorry if this was discussed before, I couldn't find anything about it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The countries weren't named until vol 5, so there is absolutely no way to know, nor would it matter which he fought for on a given battle, because the next sortie may have been for another.

Fancypantaloons

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
Walter said:
The countries weren't named until vol 5, so there is absolutely no way to know, nor would it matter which he fought for on a given battle, because the next sortie may have been for another.

I know it wouldn't matter which side he fought for on a given battle, but maybe someone could tell the sides because of armor design or something like that, but now I know that there were no names for the countries until vol 5, that's good to know.

Thanks Walter.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Fancypantaloons said:
I know it wouldn't matter which side he fought for on a given battle, but maybe someone could tell the sides because of armor design or something like that, but now I know that there were no names for the countries until vol 5, that's good to know.

Thanks Walter.

Nah, the 100 years war was fought not only with the two countries main armies, but mercenaries who engaged in proxy warfare on behalf of whoever paid them. So it's not a matter of identifying uniforms, I don't think.

Top Bottom