Forged from Iron...Another view on the DS

Um, having a longer handle doesn't reduce the chances of it snapping off. Quite likely a "2 foot" handle would break off of the Dragon Slayer a LOT quicker than a 6 inch handle... Of course, the latter would be even more impossible to wield.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Exosus said:
Um, having a longer handle doesn't reduce the chances of it snapping off.  Quite likely a "2 foot" handle would break off of the Dragon Slayer a LOT quicker than a 6 inch handle... Of course, the latter would be even more impossible to wield.
who knows if the handle is seperate though? i've seen many krises with the handle as part of the blade, with a thin sheet of wood over it.

Personally I think the damn thing was just shot out of a cannon, drenched in dragon blood, and became super strong and durable as a result. And I think undoubtedly that the pommel, grip, and blade are all one piece of forged metal.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Eddie said:
who knows if the handle is seperate though? i've seen many krises with the handle as part of the blade, with a thin sheet of wood over it.

It would have to be made that way or it would snap off like nothing. Even if the handle was the tang, it would still probably snap off if swung around. Too much blade weight.

Swords, (the well made ones in medieval era in Europe and in Japan) were suppose to be made so that an average sized human can stand on it if the tang is held securely by something, and Gutts's handle is bigger than the size of a katana and stonger because it is round, so what does that tell you?
basically a katana handle should be able to hold at least 150lbs, and the DS can obviously hold more based on that,also consider weight lifters, people can bench 300lbs+ with a handle similar to the DS handle (and my guess is that the DS weight 190lbs appros.) also, it probally wouldn't matter if the handle was separate or not because if it was separate it has such a large metal fixture attaching it to the blade.
but that is just my theory based on true facts, and i also have a good idea of metals strengths, i work with metal and wood everday

DS may weigh only a few hundred pounds, but when you're talking about swinging it around really fast and hitting stuff really hard and stopping very abruptly, you're not just talking about hundreds but effectively thousands of pounds of force. Realism has left the building.

That was already mentioned. But who expects realism anyway? It's a comicbook, and there are a lot of unrealistic things in it, besides the fantasy elements like demons, magic and such.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Okay lets face it, none of us no what the fuck we're talking about. We can't know what we're talking about.. because like was said, its a comic book.. and that sword is fucking big. lol.

DarkDragoon said:
Okay lets face it, none of us no what the fuck we're talking about. We can't know what we're talking about.. because like was said, its a comic book.. and that sword is fucking big. lol.
No, we know. As I've said before its just Miura that doesn't care. ;D

Top Bottom