Formerly passé FF fanboy thread, now miscellaneous (open mic)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Final Fantasy 7 Thread

lady winde said:
Winde, only slightly devastated. :judo:

Come on, you didn't like the cellphone game!? :zodd:

But seriously, I liked FF7, it was a nice game for its time. Not the BEST EVER, but nobody can deny it was a major PS1 title. It's the hype around it that's become sickening over the years (at least to me). And yeah, it'd be nice if Square-Enix stopped trying to make an easy buck on its back. Hopefully Crisis Core will be the last spin-off. Then we'll get FFXII and FFXIII ones...

Hehe

No I can't say I ever got around to playing that one. One version of the game was more than enough. :casca:

It's the hype around it that's become sickening over the years (at least to me).

:) Surely you know you aren't the only one to think so. And as for XIII, I'm pretty sure I read there were going to be two console games and a cell phone game. I think they also did something else for XII. Can't remember what though.

Dirty Dog

Aazealh said:
No it's not, don't try so hard when you know it's ridiculous to insist.

Sure it's pretty much like it. Guess you didn't read Griffith's post or something? Man, everybody knows FF7's creators totally ripped Berserk off to make the game, where have you been? :guts:
"Sure it's pretty much like it"
I said "very much"... you're right, though, "pretty much" is better. My bad there, but still... You agree, why the hell are we arguing?

And maybe FF7 did rip off Berserk (I can see similarities, but I think they're just coincidences... but maybe that's just because I played FF7 long before I had even heard of Berserk), and maybe the idea to make the Buster Sword rediculously huge was taken from Berserk, but to go so far as to say the Buster Sword is based on the DS is a stretch.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Dirty Dog said:
"Sure it's pretty much like it"
I said "very much"... you're right, though, "pretty much" is better. My bad there, but still... You agree, why the hell are we arguing?

And maybe FF7 did rip off Berserk (I can see similarities, but I think they're just coincidences... but maybe that's just because I played FF7 long before I had even heard of Berserk), and maybe the idea to make the Buster Sword rediculously huge was taken from Berserk, but to go so far as to say the Buster Sword is based on the DS is a stretch.
I contribute to the shit by saying at look at Cloud in Kingdom Hearts and then look at Gut's. :puck:

Anyways though, I remember my friends and I just shitting on ourselves when one of us got the game. Truly good memories :guts:

I'm still partial to Wild Arm's though. There was a lot of hype going on about FF7 seeing how it was the first Squaresoft game/first FF game that WASN'T part of Nintendo. Everyone thought at first it was going to be shit but then yea, it was the complete opposite.

Dirty Dog

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I contribute to the shit by saying at look at Cloud in Kingdom Hearts and then look at Gut's.  :puck:

Take a look at Cloud in Kingdom Hearts and take a look at Vincent from FF7.
Cloud does look alot more like Guts in Kindom Hearts, but I think they were intending for him to look more like Vincent.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Dirty Dog said:
Take a look at Cloud in Kingdom Hearts and take a look at Vincent from FF7.
Cloud does look alot more like Guts in Kindom Hearts, but I think they were intending for him to look more like Vincent.
I counter this with the cut scene that happens after you beat the level where he first appears. Cloud goes past Sora and see's Sephiroth who has attained his godhood (Griffith). Guts makes his speech that he has(Seph) been in his dreams for as long as he can remember and that he will finally finish it. Thus doing the whole Gut's vs Griffith showdown. :puck:

Dirty Dog

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
I counter this with the cut scene that happens after you beat the level where he first appears. Cloud goes past Sora and see's Sephiroth who has attained his godhood (Griffith). Guts makes his speech that he has(Seph) been in his dreams for as long as he can remember and that he will finally finish it. Thus doing the whole Gut's vs Griffith showdown.  :puck:

You sure?
Cloud in the scene you're talking about said:
I'm looking for someone. Hades promised to help. I tried to exploit the power of darkness, but it backfired. (stands up) I fell into darkness, and couldn't find the light.
1) Guts doesn't speak like that.
2) He hadn't seen Sephiroth (at least not in the American version), he was just walking towards the colliseum exit.
3) It's left very open ended as to whom he is looking for. (I do think he meant Sephiroth, though)

but that's the American version, maybe it was different for the Japanese version?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Cloud in the scene you're talking about said:
I tried to exploit the power of darkness, but it backfired. (stands up) I fell into darkness, and couldn't find the light.
Sounds EXACTLY like Guts' experience with Berserk's Armor :troll:

PS: worst thread ever.

SaiyajinNoOuji

^^^^^ Hey mister, will you let us retards battle it out! :troll:

Dirty Dog said:
You sure?1) Guts doesn't speak like that.
2) He hadn't seen Sephiroth (at least not in the American version), he was just walking towards the colliseum exit.
3) It's left very open ended as to whom he is looking for. (I do think he meant Sephiroth, though)

but that's the American version, maybe it was different for the Japanese version?
Actually yes it is different, in Kingdom Hearts remix, you actually see Cloud and Sephiroth fight... which is where the speach takes place! Let me try to find the link that has the video for it.

EDIT: YAHTZEE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKDHz3SQ3ZU

Yeah I totally agree about the FF "women are women and men are women."

For many animes it's the same case. But not all of them.

Did any one not like the cool summons? I know Knights of the Round was basically cheating...but cool none-the-less.

Dirty Dog

Walter said:
Sounds EXACTLY like Guts' experience with Berserk's Armor  :troll:

I'll admit, you've got a valid point there, but I could also say it's like Ashley from WA2 using Lord Blazer... (I could sit here and think up more, but I'm too lazy and don't really care much at this point). The messing with the powers of darkness and getting ruined by them crap is as old as sin itself >.>

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.

NO! The blatant similarities/differences of large swords in popular culture and the comparison between minor details of two completely different characters is FAR more important than potentially imminent death to western civilization.

Damnit Saiyajin, get a goddamn head on your shoulders.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Scorpio said:
NO! The blatant similarities/differences of large swords in popular culture and the comparison between minor details of two completely different characters is FAR more important than potentially imminent death to western civilization.

Damnit Saiyajin, get a goddamn head on your shoulders.
I have seen the light! Hyuk! :carcus:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

I appreciate how Dirty Dog's reply to my post was to ignore it and repeat what I said, while contradicting himself without acknowledging his mistakes. All told, I find his confident pseudo-expert pretentions combined with the fact that he's totally full of shit to be the best development of this topic.

I say we turn this into an epic miscellaneous thread, just post how you're feeling at any given moment about anything. =)

Re: Formerly passe FF fanboy thread (now open mic topic, join the fun)

Oh! Me first!

With a limited amount of funds at my disposal that must be stretched to afford a new place to live and buy a car seems almost impossible. Even though I feel slightly frustrated and a little overwhelmed, I still believe I can scrap by. Thankfully I won't be moving into some place alone!

That said... Hurray for coupons! :guts:

Winde, learning what it means to be frugal

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Formerly passe FF fanboy thread (now open mic topic, join the fun)

This one goes out to all you Parisians out there. Is there really a place in France where the naked ladies dance, and ... as I've heard, a hole in the wall where the kids can see it all?

Also, is there another way this song goes? Or at least another verse, this one's a literal cock tease. Help a negro out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

lady winde said:
And as for XIII, I'm pretty sure I read there were going to be two console games and a cell phone game. I think they also did something else for XII. Can't remember what though.

Yeah, they've got at least 3 games planned for FFXIII, and I won't be surprised if we see more later. As for FFXII, they're working on a NDS spin-off called Revenant Wings which focuses on the main character and his girlfriend.

Walter said:

Indeed...

Walter said:
This one goes out to all you Parisians out there. Is there really a place in France where the naked ladies dance, and ... as I've heard, a hole in the wall where the kids can see it all?

Maybe in 1920 yes. These were "the crazy years" (actual historical name). Joséphine Baker was HOTT.

Walter said:
Also, is there another way this song goes? Or at least another verse, this one's a literal cock tease. Help a negro out.

What song?

PS: Current mood: Melancholic.

Dirty Dog

"Griffith No More!" said:
I appreciate how Dirty Dog's reply to my post was to ignore it and repeat what I said, while contradicting himself without acknowledging his mistakes. All told, I find his confident pseudo-expert pretentions combined with the fact that he's totally full of shit to be the best development of this topic.

I say we turn this into an epic miscellaneous thread, just post how you're feeling at any given moment about anything. =)
I will admit -- my original choice in words was bad.
Buster Sword has some similarities to DS, mainly the fact that they are obsenely large swords. (also, the Buster Sword's blade looks like DS' blade).
I'll also admit, the way in which they are used are similar - naturally, they're both obesenely large swords, there's really only one way to use them.
However, the Buster Sword resembles a meat cleaver more than it does the DS (at least IMO), and I believe that it actually cuts whatever it hits, while the DS usually breaks/crushes/tears them.
(I also won't deny that the DS may've been an inspiration)
However, I still stand by most of my points. The DS is longer and thicker than the Buster Sword (at least the way BS looks in-game and in the ff7 artwork, although it does appear to be about the same size as the Buster Sword in Kingdom Hearts).

and sorry for ignoring your post, however I hadn't noticed it until Aaz mentioned it, at which point I was in deep enough and willing to admit most of those points anyway.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Dirty Dog said:
I will admit -- my original choice in words was bad.
Buster Sword has some similarities to DS, mainly the fact that they are obsenely large swords. (also, the Buster Sword's blade looks like DS' blade).
I'll also admit, the way in which they are used are similar - naturally, they're both obesenely large swords, there's really only one way to use them.
However, the Buster Sword resembles a meat cleaver more than it does the DS (at least IMO), and I believe that it actually cuts whatever it hits, while the DS usually breaks/crushes/tears them.
(I also won't deny that the DS may've been an inspiration)
However, I still stand by most of my points. The DS is longer and thicker than the Buster Sword (at least the way BS looks in-game and in the ff7 artwork, although it does appear to be about the same size as the Buster Sword in Kingdom Hearts).

and sorry for ignoring your post, however I hadn't noticed it until Aaz mentioned it, at which point I was in deep enough and willing to admit most of those points anyway.

:miura: NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :miura:

Ahem, I'm doing all right today, just sitting here on my break at work..  Going to be running my usual 2.5 miles tonight (I do so every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday) and probably watching some Seinfeld on DVD.  Sure, Michael Richards may be a racist crazy-person, but c'mon, it's Kramer! :guts:

Dirty Dog

Rhombaad said:
:miura: NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :miura:
Well, I was wondering why the hell it mattered in the first place... but dogs snarl when backed into a corner, so yeah. :chomp:

I'm feelin pretty good today, but cold because the damned furnace broke :miura:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Death May Die said:
LOL They changed the title of the thread. :serpico:

Well. I really liked Cloud and Sephiroth from Kingdom hearts. Them being complete rip off(s) or Guts and Griffith kind of makes me like them more.

How many spin off's is XII and XIII suppost to have? Two each?

I'm _really_ liking my new 42" plasma, fellas. I think I've now watched every movie I own on it (picking up on new details on most). Care to suggest any visually pleasing movies for me to put in my Netflix que?

LOL They changed the title of the thread. :serpico:

Well. I really liked Cloud and Sephiroth from Kingdom hearts. Them being complete rip off(s) or Guts and Griffith kind of makes me like them more.

How many spin off's is XII and XIII suppost to have? Two each?

Top Bottom