Forum Theming

nostyleart

Quixotic
Hey SK crew,

I'd like to create a dark, beautiful Berserk styled theme for this XenForo forum as an option. I found the documentation: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/styles/ (assuming you guys are on v2). It seems the forum software is paid though, can't seem to find many insights or access into setting up a localhost dev enviroment just for testing purposes. Any insight or help you guys can offer? Let me know what's possible, thank you!

• Dislike
Reactions: Zix

nostyleart

Quixotic
Cool! There is currently an alternate dark theme though. Did you mean a new one?
I saw, it's definetly nice. Yes, I was thinking of a new one. I haven't done a design of what I've in mind yet as I'm not sure what the extent of what's allowed by the software. What I've in mind is a darker, more Dark Souls/Diablo style (without any harsh grunge borders) and a good amount of white spacing and fewer 'containers'. I'd like to 'gift' a unique, branded theme to the site.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think the thing I need help with is getting this setup locally (test enviroment) or a test theme. Only way to get the forum software is to buy it, it seems. Don't see a trial/developer option :/ You guys have a Git repo anywhere or anything? (https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/)
Hmmm, I wish it were simpler to manage. That sounds like a real pain, dude. Honestly not sure what to do about that. They lock down their licenses pretty tight, because it's a paid product, so I don't have priveleges to give access out to just anyone unfortunately.

• Dislike

nostyleart

Quixotic
Hmmm, I wish it were simpler to manage. That sounds like a real pain, dude. Honestly not sure what to do about that. They lock down their licenses pretty tight, because it's a paid product, so I don't have priveleges to give access out to just anyone unfortunately.
Yea it's a bit annoying, they'd have a lot more third party work if they opened up development.. Are you able to just download the software - no license by any chance? Not looking to do anything nefarious or anything.

• Dislike
Top Bottom