Forum Theming

nostyleart

Quixotic
Hey SK crew,

I'd like to create a dark, beautiful Berserk styled theme for this XenForo forum as an option. I found the documentation: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/styles/ (assuming you guys are on v2). It seems the forum software is paid though, can't seem to find many insights or access into setting up a localhost dev enviroment just for testing purposes. Any insight or help you guys can offer? Let me know what's possible, thank you!

nostyleart

Quixotic
Cool! There is currently an alternate dark theme though. Did you mean a new one?
I saw, it's definetly nice. Yes, I was thinking of a new one. I haven't done a design of what I've in mind yet as I'm not sure what the extent of what's allowed by the software. What I've in mind is a darker, more Dark Souls/Diablo style (without any harsh grunge borders) and a good amount of white spacing and fewer 'containers'. I'd like to 'gift' a unique, branded theme to the site.

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think the thing I need help with is getting this setup locally (test enviroment) or a test theme. Only way to get the forum software is to buy it, it seems. Don't see a trial/developer option :/ You guys have a Git repo anywhere or anything? (https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/)
Hmmm, I wish it were simpler to manage. That sounds like a real pain, dude. Honestly not sure what to do about that. They lock down their licenses pretty tight, because it's a paid product, so I don't have priveleges to give access out to just anyone unfortunately.

nostyleart

Quixotic
Hmmm, I wish it were simpler to manage. That sounds like a real pain, dude. Honestly not sure what to do about that. They lock down their licenses pretty tight, because it's a paid product, so I don't have priveleges to give access out to just anyone unfortunately.

Yea it's a bit annoying, they'd have a lot more third party work if they opened up development.. Are you able to just download the software - no license by any chance? Not looking to do anything nefarious or anything.

Top Bottom