From lurker to newbie...

Hi all,

As the title implies, I've been a lurker here for a little over a year now and I decided to make a profile to share my enthusiasm with other members here. Great to be here and I hope to chat with more of the members here in the near future. In brief, I'm just a regular 'ol grad student living in Arizona trying to make ends meet. Aside from my love of Berserk, I'm a fan of metal music (Blind Guardian & Deafheaven are on constant blast right now), recreational basketball, video games and martial arts. I guess Dragon Ball and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is pretty cool in my book too (haha).

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Welcome to the board, Sunbather! Hope you enjoy hanging out!

Have you been watching the JoJo Part 5 anime? I didn't read the manga so I'm just following along now, and it's pretty wild. :ganishka:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Grail said:

Have you been watching the JoJo Part 5 anime? I didn't read the manga so I'm just following along now, and it's pretty wild. :ganishka:

I just started watching JoJo. I'm in the middle of season 2. Haven't read the manga but the anime is a trip. I actually really love the first part. I don't know why people seem to not hold it in high regards. Similar to the first arc of Berserk, it might be a slightly rough around the edges in some areas, but it's essential to the overall story, even if the story does reset itself every so often. Since I went in completely blind, I was pleasantly surprised when around episode 9 both the main protagonist and antagonist "die", and the story jumps ahead a few decades.

Welcome to the board!

Sunbather said:
Aside from my love of Berserk, I'm a fan of metal music (Blind Guardian & Deafheaven are on constant blast right now), recreational basketball, video games and martial arts. I guess Dragon Ball and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is pretty cool in my book too (haha).

Speaking of Deafheaven, have you come across Alcest yet?

I read JoJo till I think the Diamond is Unbreakable story line and this was a while ago, so I don't recall all of it. But, a fun read and the art (for the most part) really stood out. I watched the recent anime but haven't had the chance to finish the first season.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :badbone:

Grail said:

I'm in the same boat. I have read part 3 of the manga, but that's about it. I really enjoyed part 4 when it came out a few years ago and I think part 5 started out slow, but has really picked up these last few weeks!

IncantatioN said:
Welcome to the board!

Speaking of Deafheaven, have you come across Alcest yet?

I read JoJo till I think the Diamond is Unbreakable story line and this was a while ago, so I don't recall all of it. But, a fun read and the art (for the most part) really stood out. I watched the recent anime but haven't had the chance to finish the first season.

I know of Alcest and have listened to some of their songs on YouTube, but can't say I have diverted in that direction yet haha. I know their discography is all over the place in terms of styles; do you have any recommendations on where to start?

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Sunbather said:
I know of Alcest and have listened to some of their songs on YouTube, but can't say I have diverted in that direction yet haha. I know their discography is all over the place in terms of styles; do you have any recommendations on where to start?

I have really enjoyed Souvenirs d'un autre monde, but that's about the only album of theirs I've listened to, personally. :guts:

Grail said:
I have really enjoyed Souvenirs d'un autre monde, but that's about the only album of theirs I've listened to, personally. :guts:

Neat. Hmm you know what, I actually have listened to Alcest before. I listened to their album Shelter a few years ago (totally took me by surprise). I enjoyed it, but for whatever reason I never went back to listen to their heavier stuff. :shrug:

Top Bottom