Gaiseric is the previous Egg of the King user and has been Hunting Godhand for past 1000 years to keep the cycle going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have come across many clues over the years that points to Gaiseric being the Previous egg of the king user who was born into the real world just like Griffith. He came out of nowhere to conquer the land, was called the demon king, worn a specially designed armor just like Griffith. His kingdom was fated to go down in flames by the one who would become void. Pissed off that his desire to rule, his kingdom, and everything he wanted was taken away by another godhand, He would go on and hunt apostles and Godhand. He alone would have the power to kill a godhand every 216 years, and they get replaced. The longest living godhand now which is void is next on the chopping block this time since his replacement is destined to take down Griffiths Kingdom after they raise taxes take over. From chapter 358 I suspect minister Faus to be that replacement or someone else who is overly concerned for the people in the kingdom. There are many clues tying Gaiseric to the Godhand throughout the manga

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I have come across many clues over the years that points to Gaiseric being the Previous egg of the king user who was born into the real world just like Griffith.

Gaiseric became the Skull Knight, sworn enemy of the God Hand. So no, he was not a member of the God Hand.

He came out of nowhere to conquer the land, was called the demon king, worn a specially designed armor just like Griffith. His kingdom was fated to go down in flames by the one who would become void.

You're not remembering that tale accurately. Also, it's just an oral tale. Also, having a nice armor isn't the mark of being a member of the God Hand that has been incarnated on Earth.

Pissed off that his desire to rule, his kingdom, and everything he wanted was taken away by another godhand, He would go on and hunt apostles and Godhand.

That's not how it works. The God Hand is a team. They work independently but together, like the fingers of a hand. They each have a role to play in the grand scheme of their master, and they don't just fight for power. Otherwise you'd expect Femto would be in trouble.

He alone would have the power to kill a godhand every 216 years, and they get replaced.

Yeah? Well he must be getting old because his last few tries haven't been very successful. Ah, but the time isn't right, that must be it. But then why is he attempting? He should know better right? And why did he take a shot at Femto? What you're saying just doesn't hold water. There were four members of the God Hand before the birth of Femto, and not because one had just been killed. His arrival was celebrated as the completion of the group and the move to the next phase of their plan.

The longest living godhand now which is void is next on the chopping block this time since his replacement is destined to take down Griffiths Kingdom after they raise taxes take over. From chapter 358 I suspect minister Faus to be that replacement or someone else who is overly concerned for the people in the kingdom.

:ganishka: Thank you for the laugh, really. This is such a stupid, simple-minded take that it's hard to believe you're serious. Members of the God Hand just get periodically replaced, no big deal? Griffith's downfall will be raised taxes? And fucking Foss, of all characters in the story, will take over? And that's because he's concerned about the poor people of Falconia, since we know the God Hand is all about caring for the destitute. This is truly a masterpiece.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but even after reading your post, I'm not able to see how you were able to draw the conclusion that Gaiseric was a member of the God Hand.

If he was, don't you think he'd have better efforts in dispatching them?

• Angry
Reactions: Zix
All of the "clues" you've listed are taken directly from Gaiseric's tale, which even in the context of the story is presented as something not extremely accurate or reliable. It explains however why he was called names such as the Demon King by some people, which also ties into why he wore a skull-shaped helmet in battle, because he was a ruthless and intimidating fighter. I wasn't given the impression that there are supposed to be any deeper implications here, none that would be necessary anyway.

He alone would have the power to kill a godhand every 216 years, and they get replaced

I don't understand the belief that the God Hand members get cyclically replaced. What would a logical reason or end-goal for that be? Doesn't it make more sense that this was a cumulative process leading to the completion of some sort of grander plan?

after they raise taxes

You're likely referencing the tale again, which in turn parallels, to an extent, the fall of the city of Rome, but you're oversimplifying things. High taxes are just one of the many supposed reasons for the downfall of the capital, they could never be a determining factor on their own, that would be absurd and it's not what was implied in the tale.

I suspect minister Faus to be that replacement or someone else who is overly concerned for the people in the kingdom.

Foss' true nature is that of an opportunistic weakling. He couldn't be the proper ruler of a kingdom even in his wildest dreams.

The eclipse emblem that is on Gaiseric's chest plate and shield are also on Falconia. The same emblem that you can see in Holy see structures and other places throughout the story. There are two recurring emblems, one with a full eclipse and the other is an incoming eclipse. Now, usually you will see the emblems with five wings. Those five wings represent the five god hands that have been confused as angels but have been called angels especially in Gaiseric's story. Also, Gaiseric's story is a mirror image of Griffiths current story so far. Both came out of nowhere and conquered the lands. Both have extravagant armors, Both became basically kings of their own kingdoms. Mirror image. We know that not all apostles follow the rules and do go to war with each other. Prime example was Ganishka. Why would we completely eliminate the possibility of A godhand going against the others, especially since his kingdom was sacrificed? The egg of the king user so far is the only one in the story that has been able to be reborn in the material world and conquer to have his own kingdom. That is his only desire. For Gaiseric, his kingdom was sacrificed by the wise man. That means according to the incantation ceremony they must uphold the sacrifice, this time it was Gaiseric's kingdom and his people. There is a panel that shows guts thinking to himself that Gaiseric's story sounds just like Griffith's, on the same page the bottom panel shows Gutts linking Gaiseric to Skull knight. Kentaro Muira put all the clues there for people to see and it gets overlooked a lot. Now as far as the cyclic system to me it goes like this. Egg of the king user is chosen, he is then reborn in the material world at the 1000 year rebirth, he unites the warring states and becomes king. Now after all that is established, the kingdom's expansion becomes problematic, taxes are raised, incivility happens. One of the Godhands gets killed, (I suspect Void is on the chopping block for this one) His replacement sacrifices the kingdom and the people. The king and ruler goes on a rampage, goes on to hunt apostles and the other Godhand members. While doing so collecting behelits, At the same time the Idea of Evil is dropping behelits. Some time during the hunt the king gathers a party, a witch and others. His physical body gets destroyed while continuously fighting other Godhand members and apostles. His spirit never returns to the void, this leaves an open spot on the five godhand slots. His sould is then fused with the current skullnight armor to continue the fight. He kills an godhand every 216 years or so until 1000 years comes again. The eldest apostle remains (this time its Void). Now its its Griffiths turn to become the egg of the king user, he does the whole sacrifice thing and yada yada we all know whats next. Now this time Void is going to die, I suspect SK dies trying to kill him. The person who gets concerned for the people (the wise man this time) sacrifices the kingdom again. He replaces Void. The system starts all over again.

Gaiseric became the Skull Knight, sworn enemy of the God Hand. So no, he was not a member of the God Hand.

We don't have ground to say that a previous member of the (previous) God Hand who stopped being one wouldn't go against the new God Hand.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chapter 362 came out and they have different Godhand members. That seems to be Voids Birth on that one with four older Godhand members.

Could you walk me through how your original idea suddenly holds water because of Episode 362? Is Foss still next in line to ascend to God Hand hood?

Could you walk me through how your original idea suddenly holds water because of Episode 362? Is Foss still next in line to ascend to God Hand hood?
The reason thing are all changed up in this cycle is because Gutts is alive, he is supposed to be dead. Griffith was supposed to do the same exact thing Gaiseric. Foss is already having concerns on how the new Falconia is being ran. That is why I thought about the Wise man story that sacrificed Gaiseric's kingdom. The similarities between Griffith and Gaiseric is uncanny. Gaiseric's first armor had eclipse emblems all over the place while he was conquering midland. His second Armor was the berserker armor. His third armor is the current one. In 362, you can see that the sacrifice mark is not only one the girl that gaiseric was holding its also on the ground. I believe the cycle goes like this. Egg of the king is used, the user goes to the godhand realm, then he is physically reborn in the real world to conquer the land. That leaves four godhand members in their realm while one is in the real world. The Story of Midland's demise said four angels came down and destroyed the city. That is to Ascend the wise man and turn him into Void which is shown in the 362 with four other Godhand members. Meanwhile, Gaiseric or anyone that uses the egg of the king loses everything and goes on a revenge spree, this time with the berserker armor. On 362 Gaiseric died in his armor, His sould then got transferred to the Current armor so it would not go to the Vortex just like the count. If you notice on 362 its not an eclipse its the vortex in the background. Gaiseric made the sword of resonance to cut a dimensional slash and send the godhand back to the vortex He stated that in the Trol and Qliphoth chapter. I got a lot more to add but this is the best I could explain without writing a book.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What basis do you have for Gaiseric/SK to be not only a member of the God Hand, but an incarnated member? That's a pretty important part of your theory, but it's also a deviation from commonly held notions. So it warrants an explanation, I think. What elements of the story do you see that point toward that conclusion?

What basis do you have for Gaiseric/SK to be not only a member of the God Hand, but an incarnated member? That's a pretty important part of your theory, but it's also a deviation from commonly held notions. So it warrants an explanation, I think. What elements of the story do you see that point toward that conclusion?
I'm basing it on the fact that his first set of armor during his conquest had eclipse emblems, You know what else has eclipse emblems? Falconia. Also, the egg of the king is as the name states, it is for those who wish to be king. Also, another fact, the rebirth at albion is a ceremony that takes place every 1000 years, that is also stated in the manga. Gaiseric, had a team with him, to include Flora, the girl that died in his arms with elf jewelry all over her, and the other four are those who had the four elemental weapons. You know who has a team with him now? Griffith. If Gutts was never born and if you take him out of the whole story then Griffith would be replaying everything that Gaiseric did to include losing the kingdom to a sacrifice and his team. The queen or some other female would of been dying on Griffith's arms when Falconia gets sacrificed. That is how it was supposed to go without Gutts. Gutts is not supposed to be alive remember? He is not bound by fate. Griffith's fate took a curve ball when he met Gutts. That is what Gaiseric is counting on to stop the cycle.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say, @MantisShrimp, that this is an exceptionally bad thread. You ought to slow down and think some more about what you're writing. Everything in the story so far says that Gaiseric was never a member of the God Hand. He was their victim. He became their enemy. Like Guts. Beyond that, your core "theory" that members of the God Hand periodically die because of consistent infighting among themselves goes against all we know about that. Nothing we saw in episode 362 changes these facts, and you can be sure that nothing will change them in the future either. And Foss will never usurp Griffith's throne. It's hard to believe anyone could seriously think that.

I'm basing it on the fact that his first set of armor during his conquest had eclipse emblems, You know what else has eclipse emblems? Falconia.

Phases of the moon aren't "Eclipse emblems". They're common symbols throughout many cultures. The reason Falconia bears imagery similar to what we see on Gaiseric's armor in volume 10 is because Falconia is literally Gaiseric's old capital city, restored in the Falcon's image.

Also, the egg of the king is as the name states, it is for those who wish to be king.

Brilliant deduction!

Also, another fact, the rebirth at albion is a ceremony that takes place every 1000 years, that is also stated in the manga. Gaiseric, had a team with him, to include Flora, the girl that died in his arms with elf jewelry all over her, and the other four are those who had the four elemental weapons. You know who has a team with him now? Griffith.

You've got to be joking. What are you even talking about? Gaiseric and Flora are like Guts and Schierke. This is literally how the Skull Knight describes their relationship. The woman who died in his arms was like Casca to Guts. That's the only people we know of, and they evoke Guts' group of friends.

If Gutts was never born and if you take him out of the whole story then Griffith would be replaying everything that Gaiseric did to include losing the kingdom to a sacrifice and his team.

It's amazing that I have to say this in 2020, but his name is spelled Guts with a single 't'. Also, your critical mistake here is believing events are repeating themselves identically between now and the past. It's been clear for decades that this wasn't the case, that Gaiseric was the one who fell at the hands of the bad guys. Your idea that Griffith is supposed to "lose his kingdom" to someone else's sacrifice is nonsensical, it flies in the face of everything we know about the story. People have to sacrifice something dear to them, and they do so to obtain something in return. Sacrificial ceremonies occur at specific times, they are not random events. And they further a specific agenda, they have a purpose beyond their immediate outcome. There are many things you should have considered here and didn't.

Gutts is not supposed to be alive remember? He is not bound by fate. Griffith's fate took a curve ball when he met Gutts.

No, you're mistaken. Guts isn't "outside fate". I invite you to read this post on the issue. More generally, I invite you to buy the actual manga instead of reading online scans, both so you can support the author and understand the story properly. I'm going to lock this thread and put you on moderation watch in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom