Gaiseric

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
;) awww come on... sure they are early work, but they serve their purpose of establishing a truly misantropic character! I kind of like them... sure, not as good as the later ones, but hey, they still are a lot better than most other shit our there today...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
;) awww come on... sure they are early work, but they serve their purpose of establishing a truly misantropic character! I kind of like them... sure, not as good as the later ones, but hey, they still are a lot better than most other shit our there today...
;D

I was just wondering if anyone else believes in the idea that either Guts or Griffith are related to Gaiseric?

Or has everyone been sparing my feelings?

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dont forget about Idea. I personally dont think Griffith is a technical descendant of Gaiseric. Idea merged "blood and blood" to create Griffith. That doesnt necessarily mean that the bloodline flowed naturally, all it means is that Idea created Griffith so that he would do what he has done.

Idea says that Griffith can "do as you will", but in reality, the choice that he would make is already predetermined by Ideas mingling in the bloodline.

In conclusion, blood or no blood, Causality is the true reason behind all of this.

Fishbomb

But....

How much truth can we put into that whole Idea/Griffith discussion which was taken out of the collected volumes? Miura might have taken it out for a reason. Perhaps he had changed his mind a bit and didn't want to have everything so set in stone.

Or perhaps he just thought that it gave away too much...

What do you guys think about that? Do anyone know why Miura didn't want that chapter republished?

How much truth can we put into that whole Idea/Griffith discussion which was taken out of the collected volumes? Miura might have taken it out for a reason. Perhaps he had changed his mind a bit and didn't want to have everything so set in stone.

You're right about taking it with a grain of salt, _but_...

The Law of Causality exists.
The Idea can be seen in two pages of the manga, and heard before that (volume 13).
The word "Idea" has been used (volume 20).

So, I think it's safe to assume that Miura didn't drop the idea... Not entirely, anyway.

Fishbomb

Nope... not dropping it (it seems pretty integral after all), but perhaps changing the way he thought about Griffith's destiny. I know some authors, both of comics and books, and while some of them plan everything out before they begin to write and then stick to it like glue, most others tend to change things if they have better ideas (no pun). And in an ongoing comic it seems like there must be a constant developement as the characters take on a life of their own, and the writing skills of the author grows. I mean, what Miura envisioned in volume 2 is pretty different from what he envisioned in vol 18. It is just a question of how much has changed...

Damn I'm curious! *grins*

A

Asír

gatsu2bn.jpg

Fishbomb, I am from Mexico, exactly of the port of tampico in the state of Tamaulipas, I speak Spanish and known of The Berserk when curioseaba by anipike.com myself parecia original excessively the encourage, but, a while forget it, then, when Walter bag its pagina and I saw the scenes of the Eclipse, remain mute and with the eyes of fish, and supoe, that this was not a sleeve anynow I am an otaku but of the Berserk

LE PESE A QUIEN LE PESE Y QUIEN LE GUSTE A QUIEN LE GUSTE, SOLO DOY MI OPINION, NO OBLIGO A NADIE A LEERLA

thank you

Äsír

Griffith

I mean, what Miura envisioned in volume 2 is pretty different from what he envisioned in vol 18. It is just a question of how much has changed...
Well, until I find out why he dropped it I’m simply going to except it as our best source of information on Idea (and God Hand for that matter).
In conclusion, blood or no blood, Causality is the true reason behind all of this.
Naturally, but I think that works in favor of my theory (this and the Creator one).  If Idea wanted to create someone to mirror the events perpetrated by Gaiseric 1000 years ago, why not use Gaiseric’s blood, perhaps that’s where Griffith’s drive for his dream came from, why it’s more important than his personal happiness, why he can except the lie that it’s something he’s doing for himself.  

In addition, I assume that during this “mingling of blood” throughout the ages others who share Gaiseric’s blood must have been produced as a by-product of engineering Griffith.

-Griffith

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
Hi there! I just have an evil thought.....what if skullknight work for IDEA, like the apostles but in a different department sorta thing? After all, he often quote fate, and did claim that Fate showed him that he will kill Void. Who else can fate be really if not IDEA? I apologize if I can't remember exactly the quotes for those. I got the impression that there may be no limit to what IDEA can really do, if IT is a GOD. But IT is limited somewhat by perception and desire, is it not? For every wish that there's something to explain away the horrors of the world(which created IDea?) there's an equal wish to be saved by someone, anyone. This could have created skullknight, or at least prompted IDEA to, ahem, 'hire' him for the role. The world is a terrible place, but there are heroes, regardless of how hopeless it may seem. They can't save everyone, but they do mop up the bad guys once in a while. That sorta describes Skullknight's role really..... A pity, I think he would make a grand villain...

After all, he often quote fate, and did claim that Fate showed him that he will kill Void.

No, he never said anything like that. That was just a really bad translation.

But he does talk about "destiny", indeed... About Guts' and his "relation" with Elves, for example (Guts was saved by Puck twice before he even met him, and there's also Godot's cave).

Who else can fate be really if not IDEA?

Well, maybe "something else", actually.  ;D
Don't forget about the Elves... We don't know everything about the world of Berserk yet...

wunwong

okay, sorry about the misrepresentation...my bad for the wrong impression. But still, I rather like the possibility that Skullknight work for IDEA....he sorta fit the opposing figure nicely, to play out the proper drama that people's desires(usually confused) would demand. I wonder about your point with the elves though. They don't seem to have any real power save sorta protection vs. evil ?radius, and faerie powder to heal......not really the type of thing you can easily associate with Skullknight...no offense

okay, sorry about the misrepresentation...my bad for the wrong impression

Eh? No problem, really... ^_^;;?

I wonder about your point with the elves though.  They don't seem to have any real power save sorta protection vs. evil ?

Er... Well, they're the _only_ protection versus evil, it seems (other than Gut's muscles, that is...). ^^;

radius, and faerie powder to heal......not really the type of thing you can easily associate with Skullknight...no offense

Don't forget than Puck _did_ sense the Skull Knight was related somehow to the Elves/Faeries.

Griffith

what if skullknight work for IDEA…I think he would make a grand villain...
*Blatantly ignores everything else posted after that point*

Finally, someone who knows what would really make Skull Knight an interesting character ;D!  DFInc, check this shit out, it was my freshman post on the old SK.net BBS:

http://physics.scsu.edu/~jobien/berserk/messageboard/messages/227.html

Mmmm, maybe I’ll overhaul it some day (It has it’s problems).

-Griffith

P.S. By the way, Skull Knight, did you delete my “Ultimate Strong One” post? I didn’t see it anywhere on there. :'(

wunwong

Don't forget than Puck _did_ sense the Skull Knight was related somehow to the Elves/Faeries.

You have got a point, but still it's hard to picture faeries doing anything that would create skullknight....guess we will not know until more is revealed.

On another note, this brings up the rather weird presence of Puck....why is he alone, with so little knowledge of what happened to faeries everywhere? he didn't seem to know much about his kin at Mist valley.. maybe they just don't communicate between communities, but somehow I don't think so...

wunwong

*Finally, someone who knows what would really make Skull Knight an interesting character ;D!  DFInc, check this shit out, it was my freshman post on the old SK.net BBS:

http://physics.scsu.edu/~jobien/berserk/messageboard/messages/227.html

Hahha!! I loved it! thanks for pointing me there!

Fishbomb

Yeah! Way to go Griff!

I had forgotten about that one... 'eater of many Behelit omelets'... ;D

But seriously. I always thought that Skull Knight consumed them because he did not want new God Hand followers (I said so somewhere here), but Now that you mention it, who knows what's inside that armour? He might just be storing them for his own use...

What are Behelits anyway? They seem alive in a way, but can they be used for purposes we do not know yet?

*snickers* I'm joining the Skull Knight conspiracy believers! That is one shady skeleton... *nods*

Gatts

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Okay this is some long shot speculating but I can try. Perhaps Gaiseric isn't the Skull Knight at all.. Perhaps he's Zodd!  :eek:

Didn't see that one coming did ya?  ;D

Okay, lets say that Gaiseric's crimes and desire for power was so great that he summoned the 4 existing God Hands at the time and transformed into a new God Hand. Thus giving birth to the legend of 5 "angels" coming down from heaven to wreck retribution. But he just didn't have the power to become number 1 and became a simple guardian that we know as Zodd.

I'm still trying to think one up for the SK so just wait! But remember whatever they are going to spring on us its going to be big and *really* unexpected.

Fishbomb

Granted my brother is tall and blonde, while I am tall and dark haired... and we look nothing alike. But still... *grins*

come on... you can do better than that for shock value! (although Gasaeric/Zodd was good) and we need evidence to support your theory! That's the fun part!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I don't think Gaiseric could be Zodd. Shock value aye... I think that Gattsu is Zodd's son, they sorta look alike Gatts pointy ears Zodd pointy Horns errr thats the best i could come up with.

Fishbomb

Heh... Gatts, Zodd's son? ;D ;D ;D

Zodd and sex? I thought he lived only for battle. But... for all things Gatts could be Wyld's son... *grins* after all he certainly had enough women to impregnate... and they both seemed very 'fond' of Casca...

Nah, I'm no good at these wild speculations ;)

wunwong

Hmmm....if you must go on the Gatts is a son of an apostle track, there really is no guarantee who it may be. For all we know, it could be Slan!! ;D After all, there's really no rule on what an apostle look like after their 'ascendency'(else Void would be so Hellraiser-ish i suspect). Slan could have been, and easily still be, a MALE! :eek: 'SHE' also tend to show up at orgies, as seen on the segment of the story before Griffin's rebirth. Gatt's mother was hanging from a tree among others with a siilar fate, which suggested some sort of 'official' cause of death rather than a random bandit gang. What if Gatt's mother was a pagan who had an 'adventure' with Slan, got caught along with a bunch others later, and hastily executed by authorities?

Top Bottom