Gaiseric

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Volume 10 is when we first hear about Gaiseric. Its actually the only volume where hes mentioned at all (by name). Skull Knights first appearance however, is in volume 9. Heres the first pic we see of Gaiseric:
02.jpg

The number of the dead was innumberable

Actually, it says that 1/3 of the whole population died.

Then, from the darkness, came a Mysterious Knight who brought an end to all wars

Charlotte just says the one who would put an end to that age of wars finally appeared.
There's nothing about him being "a mysterious knight from the darkness".

His men called him Gaiseric

It just says : "Gaiseric the Conqueror".
There's nothing about his men or the way they called him.

"He was the only person in recorded history who was able to conquer the entire world, and bring it under the arms of an empire. And so, he became the first emperor of that new Empire.

It should be something like: "That was the name of the Emperor who pacified all of the 10+ countries and, for the first time in History, created in one's lifetime a great empire all over the continent."

However, no one knew of his past. No ne knew where he came from, or any other details about him.

That would be something like "What country was he from, when and how did he raise an army... No description prior to his appearance on the stage of History remains in any document."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I dont even know where I originally got those translations. I gave them a read through as I posted the image and realized the BLATANT failure of them. But...oh well.

I gave them a read through as I posted the image and realized the BLATANT failure of them.

They're not _that_ bad (they're actually a lot more accurate than the ones you used in the "post-eclipse" section ^^;  ), but since it's the only part of the manga where Gaiseric's background is explained, I thought that a few corrections wouldn't hurt... ^^;

That would be something like "What country was he from, when and how did he raise an army... No description prior to his appearance on the stage of History remains in any document."

After reading the part of when and how did he raise an army it kind of reminds me of what is happening with Griffith, having soldiers appearing and fighting for him.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
First of all...you have the creepiest images I have ever seen, as your icon and signature...That is some SCARY ASS shit.

Anyways, no I personally dont think that Gaiseric had an equal. Mostly for the fact that its never been alluded to, and second of all, I dont think that a "Guts" existed outside of the current times(If that is what youre driving at). But I have a small little theory tucked away for my fanfic, Gaiseric that I will eventually put to use on this subject.

Check out the post in speculations on "Guts and Causality" for more Guts speculation.

I was thinking about the story of how Gaiserics empire was destroyed how the four or five angels came down to punish him well, I was thinking about the 4 or 5 angels and thought of something that would explain it. The four Godhands came down they were summoned by the wiseman while the wiseman was being transformed into Void people only saw the four Godhands that came down other people saw five after the wiseman was born into Void this could be the explanation to why some people heard that there were 4 angels and others 5 or it could all be wrong and Miura probably has something better.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Personaly, i don't believe there was ever a 5th god hand. not until femto.

The belief that the Skull Knight was a former God Hand sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. I'd sooner believe that Zodd was a former God hand.

And i don't believe that there was a previous set of God hand either.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So um....the whole 'every 1000 years' thing is just a bunch of hooey? ANd Griffith is the first to be reborn? And I guess we can also throw out all the parallels between Gaiseric and Griffith now? Sure! WHy not

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
So um....the whole 'every 1000 years' thing is just a bunch of hooey? ANd Griffith is the first to be reborn? And I guess we can also throw out all the parallels between Gaiseric and Griffith now? Sure! WHy not

I can fit all 5 fingers in my rectum. But only one at a time.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
good walter, glad somebody agrees with me that those images are scary.

wereallmad: you have strange fetishes, did you know that?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I wouldn't call a picture of an asian woman strange. Unless it's one of those weird bondage/hentai/tentimacle type pictures.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
i meant the sticking fingers up your ass thing... seems uncomfortable to me.

& griffith, EW.

Top Bottom