Game of Thrones TV [spoilers]

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Does anybody here, book reader or otherwise actually like Ros? I feel like she's a pretty useless character taking screentime from more important characters. I don't think we needed(leaked ep 2 spoilers)
Littlefinger establishing his power by threatening a crying whore
especially after establishing he's a dumbass who taunts the Queen Regent for no reason in the first episode. The scenes kinda cancel each other out I think and make Littlefinger look a lot less subtle and sneaky like he is in the books. Speaking of which, I agree with Walter that Renly was really fucked over in the show. I can't see Show Renly as some figure that the people love full of wit and good cheer. In any case, I think that overall Ballin' Greyjoy, Varys(although he needs to giggle creepily a bit more), Arya, and a few others are perfectly cast. Tyrion, while a lot more playful and less dry than his book counterpart, is fun to watch too, more so when he's not overdoing it.

Dar Klink said:
Does anybody here, book reader or otherwise actually like Ros? I feel like she's a pretty useless character taking screentime from more important characters. I don't think we needed(leaked ep 2 spoilers)
Littlefinger establishing his power by threatening a crying whore
especially after establishing he's a dumbass who taunts the Queen Regent for no reason in the first episode. The scenes kinda cancel each other out I think and make Littlefinger look a lot less subtle and sneaky like he is in the books. Speaking of which, I agree with Walter that Renly was really fucked over in the show. I can't see Show Renly as some figure that the people love full of wit and good cheer. In any case, I think that overall Ballin' Greyjoy, Varys(although he needs to giggle creepily a bit more), Arya, and a few others are perfectly cast. Tyrion, while a lot more playful and less dry than his book counterpart, is fun to watch too, more so when he's not overdoing it.

Agreed on every point here. Ros is annoyingly useless in the show, shes just there to fill the HBO fun bags quota.

I haven't watched the leaked episode, nor will i. I'll wait for the release, but
do you guys like the actress that was chosen for Asha Greyjoy? I was talking to my sister earlier and she said that she was a terrible choice for the role.

Dar_Klink

Joe Chip said:
I haven't watched the leaked episode, nor will i. I'll wait for the release, but
do you guys like the actress that was chosen for Asha Greyjoy? I was talking to my sister earlier and she said that she was a terrible choice for the role.
I agree, she's supposed to be
a short haired tomboyish type who leads men into battle while still having womanly graces. She looks like a girl who just got off her Wendy's shift.
Oh, and they changed her name to "Yara," so the retarded mouthbreathers known as their viewers don't get her mixed up with Osha.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Dar Klink said:
I agree, she's supposed to be
a short haired tomboyish type who leads men into battle while still having womanly graces. She looks like a girl who just got off her Wendy's shift.
Oh, and they changed her name to "Yara," so the retarded mouthbreathers known as their viewers don't get her mixed up with Osha.

I'm very pessimistic about it from her debut;
her appearance and demeanor do not make her out to be the strong female she is. :farnese: She's really too homely looking. I hate the name change too, though I've known about it for months. I think it's an insult to viewers, and even if it were deemed necessary, why punish the undisputedly more important character? My Gods spit on that wildling woman. :guts:

The episode WAS better than the premiere though.
Pyke
looked fantastic.

H

hellrasinbrasin

HBO is considering filming Game of Thrones Season(s) 3 & 4 back to back. At least that's the rumor floating around right now.

H

hellrasinbrasin

The source of the news was from http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-3-4/129689/

whoops I thought i miss read the article and I did.

Saephon

I wish I could dig up a source, but it was implied in a recent interview with the show's producers that HBO will greenlight both Seasons 3 and 4, BUT won't film them back to back. It just doesn't work in television production of this scale as well as it does with film. The show is already having trouble maintaining certain actors due to other projects/roles.

It has however been confirmed that A Storm of Swords (book 3) will be split over seasons 3 and 4. 20 hours to cover ASoS....drool. :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
It has however been confirmed that A Storm of Swords (book 3) will be split over seasons 3 and 4. 20 hours to cover ASoS....drool. :SK:
That being said, they could probably cram in Book 5 in a half-season :void:

Saephon

Walter said:
That being said, they could probably cram in Book 5 in a half-season :void:

:ganishka: The logistics of adapting 4 and 5 for television make my head hurt...Dare I say if they deviate from the source material, it might actually be more enjoyable?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
:ganishka: The logistics of adapting 4 and 5 for television make my head hurt...Dare I say if they deviate from the source material, it might actually be more enjoyable?
Well, for Book 5's content, I can see them taking a cue from Martin on how he initially envisioned Books 5-6: as one BIG book, with events occurring along the same timeline. Content from each would be interspersed, instead of kept separated by seasons.

But honestly I don't foresee the show maintaining its momentum that far out into the future. We're talking 4-5 years from now. That's a lofty ambition, but I don't think it's feasible.

Dar_Klink

Hey Walter, you ready for the gratuitous HBO sex scene between
Tyrion and Penny
? :ganishka: :gutsthrowingup:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Hey Walter, you ready for the gratuitous HBO sex scene between
Tyrion and Penny
? :ganishka: :gutsthrowingup:
By the time they get to that point in the show, they'll have the character be ultra hot but completely CG'd. And of course, she'll join the "tits quota" the show seems to be increasing. :void:

I watched the first episode of Season 2 tonight. It wasn't bad, but not exactly the kind of episode you can sink your teeth into. It was so scattershot that it was more like an extended montage than an actual episode. I can't really hold that against the show in good faith, though. I can almost see the look on the writers' faces, "Oh boy, we sure do have a lot of ground to cover."

Dinklage steals the fucking show for every scene he's in. He's so charismatic on the screen that I think the guy actually does serious damage to the show. His performance contrasts with the lacking ability of almost everyone around him. Of course, he's less the Tyrion we know in the books, and more some kind of whimsical badass pulled from the mind of someone who went to a Renaissance Fair once.

I can't imagine this show being digestible without Dinklage as Tyrion. It'd be like watching Pirates of the Caribbean without Johnny Depp's performance. You'd be left chin-deep in the adventures of Dread Pirate Legolas and his damsel Manface McSquarejaw.

PS: Next time you guys watch the opening credits, watch for the number of producers on the show. There are about 5 Co-Executive Producers, 4 Executive Producers, not to mention the Producers themselves. And THEN there's the creators. That's a lot of chefs.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Why No News is Good News

So, everyone hoped for word that HBO was happy with Game of Thrones and would announce on Monday morning that it was ordering another season. Or, as last year, maybe it’d be a day or two more - Tuesday or Wednesday.

Now it’s Friday… and nothing. What’s happening?

What’s not happening is that HBO is considering not ordering a third season. It’s about as sure as anyone can make it, short of an act of god. The numbers are very strong, the buzz is huge, and really, it’s firing on all-cylinders. HBO certainly couldn’t he happier. So, what’s the hold up?

Two possibilities spring to mind. The one I consider the weaker of the two is the old rumor of shooting more than 10 episodes—perhaps as many two seasons’ worth of episodes, back-to-back. This has been shut down directly by Benioff and Weiss—producing 10 episodes is a year-round task for them, and while there would be certain efficiencies in back-to-back filming, it would almost certainly lead to delays. But could HBO agree with the executive producers that a couple more episodes for season 3 might be worthwhile? Not impossible, but if so, there’d be a lot of back-and-forth going on.

The other possibility, which I consider much more likely, is that negotiations are going on about ordering not just a third season, but a fourth as well. Why would this take time? Polling a few industry experts, I think the answer may lie in Benioff’s and Weiss’s contracts as showrunners: it may be their own contract runs three years… and then it’s up for renegotiation. So if HBO orders a fourth season, they’d surely be involved in negotiating the contracts of the showrunners, as well as everything else that may be tied up in the question of whether they can go four seasons?

This doesn’t mean they’d film season 3 and 4 back-to-back…. but it would mean that the showrunners would be able to start outlining and planning a season well in advance, which may provide some benefits—not just for the story, as they can more firmly plan where story lines will connect and there’ll be references to scenes in earlier episodes with more facility, but simply for figuring out how to produce the episodes and what will be needed.

In the end, this is just speculation. All we feel certain of is that season 3 will be announced sooner rather than later. But we’ll go out on a limb and say that season 4 will be attached to that announcement, as well.

Source: http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Why_No_News_is_Good_News/

---

Game of Thrones Season 2

11.The North Remembers
12.The Night Lands
13.What Is Dead May Never Die
14.Garden of Bones
15.The Ghost of Harrenhal
16.The Old Gods and the New
17.A Man Without Honor
18.The Prince of Winterfell
19.Blackwater
20.Valar Morghulis * (Unconfirmed Title)

---

That scene between Gendry and Arya was adorable. I can't wait for next week's episode its going to be amazing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gWrA5UCkF8

Go Team Gendrya!!

Saephon

So Theon....
Tonight's episode actually made me sympathetic to him for once. That's something A Clash of Kings never really managed to do for me. Him calling out Balon on "giving him away" had me pretty excited.

The writing and cinematography seems to be improving with each episode. Tyrion once again steals the show, but that should be expected. It's an accurate adaptation of the second book in that regard. But the best part of episode three was by far
Brienne. God damn, did they nail her. I can't wait to see more of her storyline.

Good job, Game of Thrones. It's hard to juggle all these pieces of the puzzle in a TV show, but I have faith. :ubik:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea tonight's was the best so far. I do have a question regarding Loras though.
In the first season he looked different (different hair, I'm not sure if it's the same actor or not) but he was taken down by Brienne? Maybe she really is suppose to be that strong and skilled but Loras took down The Mountain in the first season in a joust. Did this happen like this in the books? I only ask because I really like the way he was set up in the first season. Now he returns and looks different and he's being beaten by a chick in the mud. And what about his armor? He reminded me of Griffith a bit and I was looking forward to him having a bigger role. Now it's just totally different.
Obviously, no book spoilers please. :serpico:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Oburi said:
Yea tonight's was the best so far. I do have a question regarding Loras though.
In the first season he looked different (different hair, I'm not sure if it's the same actor or not) but he was taken down by Brienne? Maybe she really is suppose to be that strong and skilled but Loras took down The Mountain in the first season in a joust. Did this happen like this in the books? I only ask because I really like the way he was set up in the first season. Now he returns and looks different and he's being beaten by a chick in the mud. And what about his armor? He reminded me of Griffith a bit and I was looking forward to him having a bigger role. Now it's just totally different.
Obviously, no book spoilers please. :serpico:
Yes, it's the same actor. Little Finger brought up that Sir Loras "knew that his mare was in heat" therefor it is somehow considered a trick, or "cheating". Don't ask me for technicality, I don't raise horses. But apparently tis the reason he won. However, that doesn't take away the Sir Loras is a good fighter. Off course. I haven't read the book yet, I'm just bringing up things that you may have missed in the series. I wouldn't worry too much about his appereance Oburi, clearly Loras as any other character has to have his own little drama.

Dar_Klink

Loras is a pretty great fighter but probably not at the level of the Mountain, his mare being in heat made the Mountain's horse mess up during the joust, which is why he lost. Brienne is an extremely skilled fighter as well. You really should just read the books man, it's not so much like watching the Berserk anime instead of reading the manga, but they're at least worth it for the clarity that comes with writing. :serpico:

Once again they spent way too much time on the
gay infused Renly
. Also feels like the episodes are getting shorter. I clocked 52 minutes??

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Brienne is set up to be one of the best knights in the kingdom, so it's not really much of a surprise she trounces pretty-boy Loras. Sounds like they didn't convey it well enough in the episode though.

During Brienne's fight, they looked like they were the same height. However in the scenes to follow, she looked much taller. I think I'm wrong about the height but it just struck me.

Top Bottom