Game of Thrones TV [spoilers]

H

hellrasinbrasin

HBO has had all DVD/Blu-Ray Orders for Season 1 of Game of Thrones Frozen until George W Bush's head is removed from the pike in the Season 1 Finale.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
hellrasinbrasin said:
HBO has had all DVD/Blu-Ray Orders for Season 1 of Game of Thrones Frozen until George W Bush's head is removed from the pike in the Season 1 Finale.

Unbelievable. :schierke:

hellrasinbrasin said:

Yeah I heard about that, to be honest I don't see George W Bush in that head. And if they kept it quiet then nobody would have noticed I'd guess... Well maybe some over-analyzing fans, but the head is just shown for a couple seconds. I don't see the problem honestly.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
the head is just shown for a couple seconds. I don't see the problem honestly.
The problem is more that the crew knew about it and used it anyway, then the producers aired that dirty laundry for all to hear. It's just a stupid move to confirm something like that, not to mention extremely poor taste.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Walter said:
The problem is more that the crew knew about it and used it anyway, then the producers aired that dirty laundry for all to hear. It's just a stupid move to confirm something like that, not to mention extremely poor taste.

It would have been worse if he were still in office.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Well I guess we can assume that any prints of season 1 bought prior to the freeze will be sold for over a 100.00 + on sites like Amazon and Ebay after the prints are reissued Minus Bush's Head.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I think its so hard to notice that had they not said anything nobody would have known. When I heard that on the commentary months ago I just laughed. Sure its bad taste, but it was one of the highlights of that commentary. But I can see why HBO felt they needed to take action.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Oburi said:
Yea I think its so hard to notice that had they not said anything nobody would have known. When I heard that on the commentary months ago I just laughed. Sure its bad taste, but it was one of the highlights of that commentary. But I can see why HBO felt they needed to take action.

I'm not a big fan of censorship Oburi. Whether it was done in bad taste or not in relation to the head on the pike censorship is still censorship.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
hellrasinbrasin said:
I'm not a big fan of censorship Oburi. Whether it was done in bad taste or not in relation to the head on the pike censorship is still censorship.
You know, that's precisely why our Founding Fathers fought to secure a free country, so that companies like HBO couldn't hide the face of an ex-president's head mounted on a pike. :schierke:

Oburi

All praise Grail
hellrasinbrasin said:

Lol. I don't even think this counts as censorship dude.

H

hellrasinbrasin

HBO Game of Thrones Comic Con Season 3 Cast Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rpSDSgChsaI

Game of Thrones Season 3 News & Updates

George R.R. Martin reveals he has already turned in the script for his episode this season, which will be the seventh episode and titled
"Autumn Storms". He also explains why the show hasn't really incorporated the prophecy element from the books: "It would be sort of stupid to have a whole prophecy of something that never pays off down the road because we have to cut that thread for budgetary reasons." He's also paraphrased as saying that "the show will, at some point, have to deal with events concerning Rhaegar, Lyanna and Aerys Targaryen, the Mad King."
There are plenty more details at the link.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/game-of-thrones-season-3-characters_n_1854918.html

A couple minor roles have been cast, at least according to the actors' own agencies. Michael Shelford is playing a character simply known as
"Lord Torturer"
— because this wouldn't be Game of Thrones without quite some of those running around — and Lisa Walsh is going to be one of
Craster's wives

Source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/09/game-of-thrones-season-3-odds-and-ends.html

---

51XT8AsMjlL._SS400_.jpg

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Inside-HBOs-Thrones-Bryan-Cogman/dp/1452110107/ref=pd_sim_m_7

Love this show!! Winter is coming...

God have to wait til March for the new season, I can't wait! Also I have this huge crush on Jon Snow, can't wait to see him in action again.

BUMP - new episode comes out tonight (I think).

There's a GOT exhibition (http://game-of-thrones-exhibition.com/) in select cities for a limited amount of time. Ran off from work yesterday afternoon to get to the place, got there at 3:30 but I was lost (as usual) and saw people standing in a line, asked if it was for the exhibition and stood right there, it was the back/ butt of the line but I was a block away (so I thought). After waiting for 45 minutes, the line barely moved and people working at the exhibition were doing the rounds saying "It could take 7 hours for you to get to the front" which was funny cos the place closed at 7 PM (we had only 3 hours left haha). Oh, I found out about this through DirectDK (thanks!) and he was in line with me. It was best to try another day, so we got off the line and it didn't strike me how huge it was till we started to walk to the front of it, massive. Someone in the front said she was waiting 4 and a half hours and she was still a good 100 people away from the front. Hit up a cool Udon place followed by Coco's bubble-tea, both - awesome, headed back to work.

Was it any good?! I'm gonna leave the office in about 15 mins and try to watch it when I get home, if I don't accidentally fall asleep =p

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Slow first episode, but expected. I'm glad they didn't take time to catch up on EVERY character - we would have really gotten nowhere, like in Season 2's premiere. I much preferred the extra breathing room we got this time.
Anyway the real fun starts next Sunday: Jaime + Brienne, Arya, and more Dany I hope. Her storyline kicks ass this season. Mmmm those Unsullied.

My pick for best scene of the episode by far was:
Tywin and Tyrion. I think Charles Dance might be the best casting decision of the series; his contempt was dripping from every word. I cringed.

Top Bottom