Games to look forward to!

Eluvei said:
24b96hi.jpg

I don't think you should be worrying about this franchise's story at this point. :iva:

Well, to be fair there isn't actually 4 snakes in the game's actual storyline :ganishka: Just people playing Co-op all picking snake as a character.

Not to say that Peace walker doesn't have some other strange issues involving plot >.>

CowTip said:
Well, to be fair there isn't actually 4 snakes in the game's actual storyline Just people playing Co-op all picking snake as a character.

Not to say that Peace walker doesn't have some other strange issues involving plot >.>

Yeah, I haven't played it myself. It's really not something I'd play. But Rising does look pretty cool. I hope the ability to cut everything in every possible direction is soon ripped-off by other game companies. :beast: I used to love cutting stuff with the Celestial Brush in Okami, and this is an evolution of it!

Woo~ Final Fantasy 14 release dates were announced today.

PC release is Sept 22nd for the collector's edition, 30th for the regular.
Collector's edition is $75, regular $50
PS3 version won't be released until next March it sounds like (ouch for PS3 only users if this turns out true)
$12.99 a month with 1 free non-playable character that's used for storage and selling purposes (Not sure what this is all about), additional characters $3 extra (This sort of sucks since it was $1 in FF11, but it's also not really very necessary to have multiple characters with the way they set up job flexibility) , additional npc characters cost $1

Collector's edition details:
Final Fantasy fanatics willing to pay $25 will be able to access the game eight days ahead of the masses, courtesy of the early access codes included in the $75 collector's edition of the game. (Square Enix did add the caveat that "timing of access subject to initial server capacity.") Besides the game disc and manual, included will be the following cache of goodies:

* A behind the scenes DVD with the obligatory documentary on the making of the game.
* A travel journal with concept art pages in which players can document their in-game wanderings.
* An in-game item called the "Onion Helm."
* A fully personalized "Right of Passage" certificate.
* Special cover illustrated by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
* A FFXIV-branded security token for use with regular password.

Box art:
gallery_96_7_58722.png

Time to go pre-order two copies for me and the Mrs. :ubik:

Edit: Crazy merging posts are crazy.... Just gonna delete what I originally said I guess as I find having these two separate posts together sort of annoying.

I just found out about Éric Chahi's new game, Project Dust (working title)!

Awesome trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-project-dust/101443

Gigantic concept art: here, here and here.

I think it looks fantastic. Sorry if it was mentioned on another thread, but it belongs here too.

X

Xem

Anyone know if this is real or not? A friend sent it to me claiming it's credibility though a quick google search didn't pull up anything.

71612_1622459890889_1518210759_31494111_1636302_n.jpg

Supposedly being released 4th quarter of 2012

Deci said:
Anyone know if this is real or not? A friend sent it to me claiming it's credibility though a quick google search didn't pull up anything.

71612_1622459890889_1518210759_31494111_1636302_n.jpg

Supposedly being released 4th quarter of 2012

Very likely it's just a shop job, otherwise people would be going completely mad over the whole thing. We wouldn't have a pack shot this early either, especially not with a bar code.

X

Xem

Upon further inspection, the "screen shots" on the back of supposed box are literally taken from Advent Children. Definitely fake.

Walter said:
Why would the box art show up before any formal announcement is made... :schierke:

this+1

There have only been rumors. which are worthless to begin with.
The only formal announcements made regarding a remake is that its not an impossibility, but Cloud's more likely to be a guest star in other games instead.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1063241p1.html

Personally, as much as I would love a FFVII remake with better graphics, specifically in the cut scenes department, I'm not really sure I'd want it to look like Advent Children. There was something charming and interesting about the original games' looks. A remake would never be able to capture that. So despite FFVII looking dated by todays standards, I don't think I'd be very interested in that kind of a remake. The scenes that once had emotion would be ruined by the new "cool" style. I can't picture Cloud sneaking in to the Don's place with a Purple dress, not with his Advent children look. Or for that matter, Barret in a Sailor suit.

Squire-Enix also has little reason to make a remake, Most people know the story already, there's no surprise. They're better off making new titles. Only way I see it happening is if it was attached to some even bigger game. But that ain't gonna happen because the franchise was already milked and has no juice left. Would have been absolutely brilliant if they never made Advent Children, or the prequels/sequels. Because then they could have just made a remake that also includes Zack as a kind of prequel to it all and end it with Sephiroth and no OmegawtfBBQ whatever the fuck was in Dirge. Just as a kind of expanded remake, but no dice.

Oburi

All praise Grail
http://www.destructoid.com/tgs-new-devil-may-cry-starring-a-younger-dante-revealed-183960.phtml

Ugh, i hate the new look for Dante.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's already been mentioned earlier in this thread, but Retro City Rampage is looking to be the greatest retro game homage ever. Here's 10 minutes of game footage: http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2010/10/heres_10_minutes_of_retro_city_rampage_gameplay_and_music

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
It's already been mentioned earlier in this thread, but Retro City Rampage is looking to be the greatest retro game homage ever. Here's 10 minutes of game footage: http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2010/10/heres_10_minutes_of_retro_city_rampage_gameplay_and_music

Wow, the main theme is from virt! That explains the awesomeness. The two other guys' stuff is pretty good as well (Norrin Radd's feel like it's from an actual NES game). I can't wait to get my hands on this. :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Aazealh said:
Wow, the main theme is from virt! That explains the awesomeness. The two other guys' stuff is pretty good as well (Norrin Radd's feel like it's from an actual NES game). I can't wait to get my hands on this. :guts:

Wow, my DoD heroes doing the Lord's work as only they can. Now I've got to doubly check this out! :beast:

Oburi said:
http://www.destructoid.com/tgs-new-devil-may-cry-starring-a-younger-dante-revealed-183960.phtml

Ugh, i hate the new look for Dante.

Yeah I'm also disgusted by what they've done to Dante...

What I really can't wait to get my hands on is Shadows of the Damned!
The trailer left me a fucking good feeling (that music! Akira Yamaoka & Mary Elizabeth McGlynn...:casca:).
Knowing the dream team that's behind this project, I'm sure that it's going to kill!

Halloween trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_zRNNSxses

Well, it doesn't show much more than the first trailer but it's nice to see.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
What I really can't wait to get my hands on is Shadows of the Damned!
The trailer left me a fucking good feeling (that music! Akira Yamaoka & Mary Elizabeth McGlynn...:casca:).
Knowing the dream team that's behind this project, I'm sure that it's going to kill!

I'm not too excited about it myself, I have to admit. It looks good on paper, but the trailers haven't impressed me so far.

Aazealh said:
I'm not too excited about it myself, I have to admit. It looks good on paper, but the trailers haven't impressed me so far.

I don't know, maybe it's this dark atmosphere that appeal to me or the fact that one of my preferred composer is doing the sound? I just like it.
Whatever, we'll see when we get more infos about it but I tell you and mark my words, it's going to kill! :iva:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Any game that's got Suda51 behind the wheel, I'll play. Not disliked any game he's crafted, he's really consistent with me.

What did you think of BLOOD+ One Night Kiss?

Oburi

All praise Grail
I know this is a little redundant but I figured since I was going to make this list anyway for myself, I'll post it. 2011 may be the biggest year for video games in my life thus far, so I have a lot on my plate.

1. Mass Effect 3, obviously. November

2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (almost as much MA3), also November.

3. Silent Hill: Downpour (who's with me? Bob?). Sometime 2011. I'm not giving up on Silent Hill anytime soon and this installmeant looks insanely creepy.

4. Uncharted 3. November as well. Obviously it's just going to be awesome.

5. Mortal Combat. April. As a fan of MK I can't pass this up, especially seeing as how that MK Vs. DCU bullshit just doesn't cut it!

6. Twisted Metal. 2011. Again, just because I'm a fan and I spent hours upon hours playing 1-3 + Black with my friends. I patiently look forward to this.

7. Batman: Arkham City. November (again). After the amount of fun I had with Asylum, I'll pick this one up no doubt.

8. Duke Nukem Forever. May. I'm not as excited about this one, but you know I gots to play it for meself.

9. Dynasty Warriors 7. March. Yes, believe it. I love these games with all my heart and I don't think I'll ever stop having fun playing them. I eagerly await this.

10. And Finally Gears of War 3 (November, yup).

I should also throw out Dues Ex : Human Revolution, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Tomb Raider, and the new Jurassic Park game.

Anyway, my wallet is not ready come November. Matter of fact, I should put in for some vacation time.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In no particular order:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Brink
Bulletstorm
Portal 2
Witcher 2
Mass Effect 3
Radiant Historia (I keep hoping this game will break the mold of shitty JRPGs in the past decade ... not you, IS, you're perfect =).
Crysis 2
Rage

Walter said:
Radiant Historia (I keep hoping this game will break the mold of shitty JRPGs in the past decade... not you, IS, you're perfect =).

Did you like Radiata Stories? It's one of my favorite JRPGs of the last decade, and Radiant Historia is from the same development team, apparently. I'm looking forward to it. The videos make it look really great.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Did you like Radiata Stories? It's one of my favorite JRPGs of the last decade, and Radiant Historia is from the same development team, apparently. I'm looking forward to it. The videos make it look really great.
Never played it, but it apparently has no ties to Radiant Historia in terms of story.

I must had Dark Souls on my list, I Loved Demon's Souls and this one looks very promising...
I'll certainly take Dragon Quest VI and Radiant Historia, I'm in a fucking need of JRPGs.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Non-exhaustive list, but these I will definitely buy:

Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex: HR
Crysis 2
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Gears of War 3
Rage

Top Bottom