Games to look forward to!

I know that I know :) said:
Has everyone given up on half life 3 or portal 3 or for that matter any future valve games (THAT AREN'T CARD GAMES :mozgus:) I guess im still looking forward to half life 3 but hope seems to be going away as I increasingly worry on Lord Gaben's counting abilities.
Half life 3 is like.... Everyone wants it, but everyone knows not to expect it. To me it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when in the next 20 years will it happen. So if you wantto consider me as someone who's given up on it, that's cool.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
This contemporary conversation expressing concern over the possible release of Half-Life 3 is reminding me of the dead football players from Beetlejuice, "Coach, I'm beginning to think we didn't survive the crash..."

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gamehowitzer said:
Uhhh.... So.... How does that script relate to episode 2 because i thought alex was a girl, and what about morgan? i guess its basically written like a parallel? or am i just not understanding?

Names were changed so as not to directly incite a legal battle with his former employer. Hence "epistle 3" instead of "episode 3."

Since nobody mentioned it yet, right now I'm personally looking forward to Total War: Three Kingdoms. I'm not really a good player despite owning a few Total War games, but I enjoy them, and the historical context of this one really appeals to me.
And currently on my "wait to see more list" there is Cyberpunk 2077, Mortal Kombat 11, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Walter said:
Names were changed so as not to directly incite a legal battle with his former employer. Hence "epistle 3" instead of "episode 3."
Sorry i'm a bit slow sometimes. And it's been a LONG time since i've played half life 2.

I know that I know :)

My post our worse
MiyamotoPuck said:
Since nobody mentioned it yet, right now I'm personally looking forward to Total War: Three Kingdoms. I'm not really a good player despite owning a few Total War games,

Total war looks pretty cool I might get Rome total war. However I heard that the latest total war games weren't so good at least compared to the previous ones.

Total war looks pretty cool I might get Rome total war. However I heard that the latest total war games weren't so good at least compared to the previous ones.

I'm not skilled and experienced enough to actually confirm it or not, but I bought the last one (Thrones of Brittania if i'm correct) and enjoyed it despite mixed reactions when it came out. Each title brings new and different functions, so some of them are less welcomed than others by long-time fans. Each opus has its own identity so it really depends on what you're looking for. But it seems that Rome II is indeed a safe bet and there is a lot of content. I didn't try all of them, but my personal favorite for now would be Shogun 2.
A bit of patience is required because it's not easy to understand how to play at first, but if you think you might like a Total War game I recommend it. Plus, they are regularly on sale on Steam.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Well Bandai-Namco is a well-known publisher, but their Singapore development team is basically unproven. They've put out two games (and the last was Mario Sports or some shit). My heart tells me to keep expectations low. It feels to me like Nintendo farmed this one out.

The prophet has spoken! Metroid Prime 4 is being scrapped and restarted under Retro Studios: "the current development progress has not reached the standard we seek in a sequel to the Metroid Prime series".

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/metroid_prime_4_development_scrapped_will_be_restarted_alongside_retro_studios

Saw the video on Reddit earlier. Disappointed that it’s going to be a longer wait for the game, but I respect and appreciate Nintendo for putting quality above just shoving crap games out onto store shelves. Glad to see Retro will be on the project now, too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sareth said:
Glad to see Retro will be on the project now, too.

Same, but more as a signal that Nintendo cares about the quality of the project, and is willing to flip the script when needed. But moving it over to Retro alone doesn't guarantee quality. The core members of the Retro team that developed the Prime games are long gone at this point.

My post our worse
Ok I give up at this point I don't think Cyberpunk is coming this year I guess that's alright we wouldn't want another no mans sky on our hands. But I am still holing out for the Last of us 2 to come out this year.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I give up at this point I don't think Cyberpunk is coming this year

I mean you've seen the demo right? There's no way it could have come out this year and kept its promises. In fact I feel like it'd be difficult for it to come out next year and keep them.

Ok I give up at this point I don't think Cyberpunk is coming this year I guess that's alright we wouldn't want another no mans sky on our hands. But I am still holing out for the Last of us 2 to come out this year.
Hey, if you need that sci-fi RPG itch scratched, there's always The Outer Worlds. That has a very good chance of coming out this year.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nintendo is remaking Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch. Due out later this year:

HTML:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_U-_XfDGgDw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It pales next to Link's Awakening, but the sequel to Hollow Knight looks neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c

My post our worse
Super Mario maker 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjJWzJC8Kfk

I wonder what hellish contraptions people will make now

Walter said:
Nintendo is remaking Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch. Due out later this year:

Nice been waiting for a new Zelda remake or not, but I gotta say the look of the game is kinda weird.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Username has been taken said:
Nice been waiting for a new Zelda remake or not, but I gotta say the look of the game is kinda weird.
Im just glad its on the Switch.

Truder said:
Im just glad its on the Switch.
I have several problems with the trailer they showed and only hope they will fix them in the final product. More than anything i just hope they make the music as good as the 8bit music from the original game. I could go into more detail but you guys don't want that lol

Edit: it's not 8 bit. i know that, i just didn't know what bit it was lol

https://youtu.be/wUX3HO1t6fk

A new action RPG in the style of "I Am Setsuna" and "Lost Sphear". I like the music and ambiance, also the premise of the story could incorporate some interesting gameplay mechanics along with it.

Top Bottom