Gatts vs SK

shiz

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I think gatts is now as or more powerful than the skullknight.
With his recent right with Zodd he was actually fighting him and now on the defensive at all times like thier 1st encounter. I think if they would have kept fighting Gatts would have won.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Before I inject my opinion, I want to state that...GUTS IS BADDASS!!!

(duh!! :D)

ummmmm.....no.....

With his recent right with Zodd he was actually fighting him and now on the defensive at all times like thier 1st encounter. I think if they would have kept fighting Gatts would have won.
ummmmm.....no.....

okay I'm done.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
But... Zodd turned into his apostle form (ch182) and whooped the shit out of Guts. Guts will have to transcend his current form if he wants to beat Zodd, and I don't think thats going to happen personally, but thats what its going to take.

As for Guts beating Skully? I severely doubt it. But if Guts does transcend his current form, he will probably have to face Skully somewhere down the line. Skully stands against "those outside humanity" (volume 18, page 198). I still think Skully would knock Guts around, but the Beast is a large X factor in both badassness and in form.

D

Drachenfels

WRONG.

But in the Dreamcast game, Guts was equal in terms of power with Zodd, and that game is very near to the current Berserk time, so I think Guts will soon surpass Zodd.

If Zodd had a Dragonslayer (in ch 181), I don't think Guts would have defeated Zodd's human form... maybe a stalemate at best.  Boy, that'd be fun to see, though..

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
Firstly, I would like to say I don't think Guts is more powerful than Skullknight but I would like to make a few points about Zodd.

Firstly, I think Guts has been getting a lot stronger lately because when it was just Caska, Puck, and him he had to fight a ton of demons and he had to protect Caska at the same time. Judging by the way Miura has developed Guts in the past, I think he will be quite a bit more powerful than before when he really has to open up a can like in The Lost Children Arc, if that happens...

Now, on when he fought Zodd. Everyone always says he got whooped bretty bad when Zodd went into apostle form. I don't really agree with that. Firstly, he fought Zodd when he was in perfect condition in human form and beat him without any injury which is impressive. Once Zodd turned into apostle form, before they ever got a chance to really fight Caska was out there getting in the way. Even before Caska went out there Zodd got a clear chance to nail Guts, but Guts blocked and skid back without injury. After that he was flipped up in the air but he was still in pretty decent shape. Of course, the battle ended before Zodd had his way with Guts.

I definitely think Guts lost that battle, but I don't think it was as bad as many people make it out to be, and I think he could match Zodd even in apostle form now.

shiz

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Each battle guts seems to grow stronger. And he has killed apostles left and right. Eventually he will be stronger than Zodd. The fight proved it. Also he didnt even use his ARM cannon yet. (its kinda a joke dont start yeling about it)

In order for him to even to fight griff I think he would have to beat Zodd.. So I think Guts will eventually defeat him.

Firebrand

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
dont forget the post eclipse moment when skullknight was fighting Zodd and he said something along the lines of

"why do we continue this fight, it is destined that i will win"

Lliugusamui

around the corner
it is unbelievible what SK has said that time with Zoddo, ;D there is some mysterious power ( the mist surrounding ? ) infecting newbies ... We need the Hague to purify the souls !! ;)

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
Skull knight, gatts is tough but come, we haven't even seen skullkinght ark up yet and he gave zodd a bit of a flogging

G

Gechmir

Hm... If you ask me, I think something is up Miura's sleeve with the Skullknight. His motives haven't been strongly defined as to why he opposes the God Hand. (Correct me if I'm wrong! Only read thru the whole series once... Plus, I'm new! Heh)

At the bottom of the "torture tower" where Griffith was held, a bunch of corpses with markings on their foreheads were seen. The crest that claimed people for demons. The princess stated that the man who most obviously is the Skullknight, in his past life, owned the castle and he very well may have been a demon at the time if the corpses were his.

Another thing is the Skullnight eating Behelits. Kind of odd, no?... Is he doing something like getting stronger each time he eats them or what...? =P Anyhow, I have a strange feeling that Gutts and the Skullknight might **might** have a fight of some manner in the future. Though he seems nice helping Gutts out, he could have an ulterior motive (IE: Kill Godhand, essentially take over their position...)

Also, in the Zodd vs. Gutts duel, when Zodd turned to his apostle form, he did begin to lay a beating on Gutts, but there aren't many fights with apostles that Gutts escapes from unscathed! =) Zodd has insane strength and stamina, as does Gutts for a human... Just that Zodd's is on a completely different scale =P

Gutts vs Skullknight... Skullknight most likely from what we've seen thus far. Skullknight beat Zodd earlier at the eclipse from what you can gather, since Zodd was picking up his arm as Skullknight left with Gutts & Caska, so he's no pushover =P And he did so unscathed from what could be told, unlike with Gutts.

BTW - - Gutts r00lz =D

Depends. If this was in the ring I would put my money on Skull Knight, but if you put it in the cage Guts' Ground and Pound game is unbeatable. So I would say Guts by Ref Stoppage in the third round if it's in the cage.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Neither Guts nor Zoddo won the fight in #22,it was stopped before it could reach its conclusion.To me,it's a draw.Guts kinda
won the first part,though.I'll agree that things started to get messy afterwards,but he still handled himself pretty well and
I'm sure Zoddo wouldn't like to deal with his arm cannon...

Um, no.

In vol 10, it's shown that apostles actually fear Skully. And in the eclipse, the guy goes through apostles like butter (and he ends up resembling Odin from Final Fantasy in that scene, hehe). It's also been pointed out that Skully is somewhat stronger than Zodd. Sure, Gatts didn't do all that bad against Zodd the second time, but he was only able to deliver 2 minor injuries to Zodd in his human form. Minor injuries don't do anything to an apostle, let alone to a one like Zodd. There r no signs that Gatts would've won if the fight continued.

D

Drachenfels

In the DC game, Guts was equal to Zodd in his apostle form. So maybe he could beat SK, with a little more training.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Drachenfels said:
In the DC game, Guts was equal to Zodd in his apostle form. So maybe he could beat SK, with a little more training.
Is that a very reliable way to judge strength?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Keep in mind, Guts usualy gets the shit beat out of him with every appostle he fights. I think that was redundant but I don't care.
My stance is that Guts wasn't really fighting with the beast. If he was, it would have been difficult for him to direct his attention to Caska. If we assume Guts is at his best with the beast, then he wasn't at his best. I say its an even fight once Zodd transforms, if Guts is in top form.

Top Bottom