Genome's pictures

G

Genome

Some of you knows that I'm doing photos as hobby. I'm currently making a new photo project and for that I went this week to the "Catacombes" of Paris (France). So for those of you who don't know what it is about, here is a very quick history about this place (the picture will tell everything).

There are several hundred years, there were many dead in Paris and disease began to appear. The basement of Paris was a big gallery labyrinth created by man. Indeed, the rock used to build the city came from the basement of the city itself. This huge place was therefore used as a cemetery without grave. This place is named Catacombes and is close to public exept a very small portion of the tunnel which is filled with thousands of bones.

I made different picture and actualy just proced one to see the result. So here it is, I guess you will understand why I thought about our friend the skullknight during the 2 hours down there.

Please note that this picture may shock some of you due to it's nature

catacombles.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome picture man. Did you edit out the brand in their foreheads? :guts:

I visited Paris in May 2005, but the Catacombs were closed then... :judo:

G

Genome

Thanks Walter for you reply. Well no I just made the picture but didn't do any edit of any type on it. I'm to respectfull to do sutch a thing (that's why my logo is so strangely place on the picture) :puck:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
From the looks of it you can still make out a few brands, especially that one on the the far left next to Genome's logo.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:

Yeah, it's really my biggest regret of that time. I'm certain you'd have loved it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
From the looks of it you can still make out a few brands, especially that one on the the far left next to Genome's logo.
Yeah, I hear the Paris catacombs are connected to Midland's Tower of Rebirth.

Guts intestines

Walter said:

Ah a wise guy ay? Nuck, nuck. But seriously there is some kind of marking on that skull in the upper left hand corner.

Walter said:
Awesome picture man. Did you edit out the brand in their foreheads? :guts:

Oh, weird. It was open when I went a few weeks later. :guts: :guts:

It was the coolest place in the whole of the city (temperature wise). It's too bad much of it is locked off, I really wanted to get lost down there for a while.

And Genome, you didn't edit this at all? The colors seem really strange. It's good, though. Reminds of National Geographic.

Please post more.

G

Genome

The Perineum Falcon said:
And Genome, you didn't edit this at all? The colors seem really strange. It's good, though. Reminds of National Geographic.

Please post more.

Nope. The colors and all the picture look is the result of the HDR way. I'm currently working only on HDR (High Dynamic Range). Originaly design for 3D animation like Pixar's it becme a new way of making photos. The result is between picture and painting. :serpico:

I will post other from the Catacombes when I will add time to create the hdr picture (complicate to explaine but no edit at all). Util then I can post other hdr picture I made.

Walter said:

I love your reply :guts:

G

Genome

So here comes other HDR picture's. Not from the Catacombes of Paris because I have'tn yet post-work it (have 250 pictures to made first).

This is in Montpellier a city in the south of France.

72.jpg

G

Genome

:guts:

yes but HDR is a cool way to creat picture because the part on computer alow you to "choose" the light. So As i like dark things :serpico:
But even trees are differents.

73.jpg

Guts intestines

I love the lighting on the edges of the tree it perfectly highlights the tree as the center of the image, even the pathway in front benefits from the use of lighting.

Guts intestines

That is so fucking cold, and at the same time the lighting makes me feel like I'm looking at Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

G

Genome

Thanks, seems I got a fan :serpico:

here is another one of one of the statue in the last picture

76.jpg

Guts intestines

Wow, the lighting effects combined with the shadow on the wall really bring out the rusted look of the shadow, this HDR stuff would make fantastic artistic photographs.

G

Genome

Thank you all for you comments :serpico:

Uriel said:
Makes it look like computer renders.

Well basicly HDR is a process created to made render for 3D animation movies like Pixar's and 3D special effects for movies. HDR photo is some kind of "spin off" of this process :miura:

Guts' intestines said:
...this HDR stuff would make fantastic artistic photographs.

I agree. The current serie I'm making in Paris is artistic photo's project. Il show some when it will be done :guts:

Here is two others

77.jpg

and one on a tree

80.jpg

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Guts' intestines said:
I know right? I swear it kinda reminds me of Oblivion.

Haha, was just thinking it needed an Elder Scrolls IV HUD.

Genome said:

I really like this one. The tree base of the tree makes the whole thing look like an extended skeletal structure or something -- like that of a dragon or basilisk. Do you have a higher resolution version of if, per chance?

Guts intestines

Uriel said:
I really like this one. The tree base of the tree makes the whole thing look like an extended skeletal structure or something -- like that of a dragon or basilisk. Do you have a higher resolution version of if, per chance?

Kinda looks like the wood Gandalf would make his staff out of. :guts:

G

Genome

Uriel said:
Do you have a higher resolution version of if, per chance?

Yep but sorry I actually don't post in higher resolution because I'm trying to live from this new type of photos. I'm currently preparing a showroom in a galleria in Paris. For the one how get interest in this, here is the link : www.parishdr.com (all in French actually). I will try to post you one someday :puck:

Until then here are onother one

81.jpg

Top Bottom