Ghosts.... Real or not? You be the judge.

Raftrider said:
The set of the movie with that kid in the window isn't a ghost. Nothing but an Urban Legend.

http://eeggs.com

The article is somewhere on this site, I'm just too much of a lazy ass to find it.

John Schaffer=I love you!

That mystery was solved 3 pages ago, Nancy Drew:

ranemaka13 said:
thanks be to Bobby on this one, kiddies.
http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/3menbaby.htm

Hell. I might as well say that purple primates that are not visible to the human eye created earth. Can you prove me right or wrong? No. Hey I think I just made a new religion!

skeletonmf said:
well, if you look at it that way. i think it would be like sleeping without the dreams, which i prefer anyway. ... More intelectual thoughts...
When you sleep your mind is still awake however. When your dead its not.

Jon Schaffer said:
I believe what he's saying is, you're acting as if you know about death for a fact, as if you've either been told or you've experienced it yourself. And since nothing can ever be certain in topics like these, anything you say he'll take as your opinion.

That's my take, anyway.

Oh, no. I used to have a friend who had a lot of intellegence in the field of medics. When ever we would ride around in the car we would usually talk about the afterlife and religion. Back when I was Roman Catholic.

R

Raftrider

That mystery was solved 3 pages ago, Nancy Drew:

No problem, douche-bag. :D

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
Jon Schaffer said:
When you sleep your mind is still awake however. When your dead its not.

yeah, but when you wake up from sleep and cant remember any dreams at all and you try to think back to when you were asleep you can only remember nothingness. that's what i believe death is probably like. therefore, i fear it now because i'm too young, but when i'm old and tired i'll probably look forward to it. just my take.

M

medievald00d

Personally, I think death will be like one long sleepless dream.

Just my two cents.

BTW, im back from a long trip in Canada.

DarkDragoon said:
The soul has to go somewhere afterall.
If you believe in them.  ;D

skeletonmf said:
yeah, but when you wake up from sleep and cant remember any dreams at all and you try to think back to when you were asleep you can only remember nothingness. that's what i believe death is probably like. therefore, i fear it now because i'm too young, but when i'm old and tired i'll probably look forward to it. just my take.
I dream pretty often and wake up and remember them, but then forget them the next day. A dream is like a really short day. Can you remember what you did January 12, 1995? I don't think anyone can unless you have a diary that dates back that long.

pheonixfenix said:
Personally, I think death will be like one long dreamless sleep.
Yeah that you never wake up from. Haha.

pheonixfenix said:
BTW, im back from a long trip in Canada.
I went up and stayed with some Newfies not long ago. Nice place.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but the 3 men and a baby ghost thing was a fake, it was a cardbored cutout that was left there on accident. If you want to disprove some of the more famous ghost legends go here...

www.snopes.com

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Oooh, oooh!

Sometimes, I like to look up at the clouds and this one time I pointed out to my brother that one cloud looks like gramma.

It was weird cause Granny is alive today and we got really confused.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Hi_There said:
Oooh, oooh!

Sometimes, I like to look up at the clouds and this one time I pointed out to my brother that one cloud looks like gramma.

It was weird cause Granny is alive today and we got really confused.

Was it that important to bring up an old topic?

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I had originally posted this story in an old thread from Puella...just thought I'd share it again...

I've had my share of weird experiences,some of them in the paranormal field and I thought I'd tell you about one of them.

This story takes place eight years ago,when I was eighteen.I was enjoying my summer vacation in a small city in the south of France called "Brignoles".On the night "it" happened,I had gone to a mexican fair which was going on in the city center.There I was,looking at the hot chicks dancing on the stage and drinking some coke,-just so that you guys don't assume I drank any alcohol on that night-until approximately 11:40PM.I then decided to go home,"home" being a very old family owned villa in which countless stories such as this one have happened,some of them not disclosed to me to this day.
Anyway,I went to my room with the firm intention to get into my jammies.

Now,this house is divided in two different sections and there was absolutely nobody in the one I was in,everybody else being in front of the TV set.We were reaching midnight,and I was absolutely naked,in the process of getting into those jammies.And then,"it" happened.I heard a sound coming from theoutside corridor leading to the bedrooms like footsteps.Footsteps.Three of them.I figured something might have fallen from a shelf,or that one of the pets was in the vicinity.Either way,I had this feeling that something was happening.The feeling was neither good nor bad,it just was.Naked as I was,I glanced out from the room assuming that after all,one of my bros or cousins might have been right there trying to fuck with my head or something.But I didn't see any of them.In fact,i didn't see anything,but still knew there just had to be something,because of that sound I had heard,and of that weird feeling.I went out from the room.
Everything seemed in order,and as I was beginning to think this was just my fucking imagination,I casually looked at my feet.What I saw standing right in front of them,almost,I still don't understand.
I saw a boot.Yes,a boot.A spanish looking boot,with golden stuff onto it with a baroque feel to it.It looked brand new.I was staring at a spanish looking boot and was forcing myself not to close my eyes,assuming it might disappear if I closed them,like any good fantastic addict would assume.After what felt like a minute but really must have been much less,but truth be told,I'm not sure,I naturally had to close them.I heard the exact same sound,footsteps,except that this time I heard it backwards,as if the boot was leaving.I opened my eyes,and it was gone.

Call me crazy if you will,but all of this happened to me nonetheless.I think I'll post some other of those stories in the near future,great idea for a thread Puella!
Looking back,I should have touched that boot,but doing anything else but looking felt impossible at the time.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Regarding this topic actually I work in a 353 year old building and the place has been a nun convent, a hotel, and a bourdel among other things, They have even found the skeletons of nuns in the walls. Last night I went out with a group from work and their experiences seemed quiet amazing regarding what they have experienced , until now I have not heard or seen anything yet and I hope it stays that way :D

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
ELEKTROFUNK said:
Regarding this topic actually I work in a 353 year old building and the place has been a nun convent, a hotel, and a bourdel among other things, They have even found the skeletons of nuns in the walls. Last night I went out with a group from work and their experiences seemed quiet amazing regarding what they have experienced , until now I have not heard or seen anything yet and I hope it stays that way :D

That's actually funny, because when I was working in a 200 something year old restaurant [inn, and some other things i can't remember], I could swear to God I saw people moving around and at one point in time actually saw somebody run down this hallway and couldn't find him.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Something just plain weird just happened to me a few days ago. I was lazily having dinner outside in a small bistro terrace waiting for a friend when I noticed this fat girl staring at me. She then smiled at me and asked how I found my food, which was ok, and spoke in an accent I couldn't quite fathom. She seemed eager to speak, and had some kind of confidence about her which didn't make for her disgraceful features, and she kept looking at me in a very strange fashion, so I told her to have a seat, which she took right away. She told me then that she was Finnish, and that must have been when I noticed the horror. She had three of her left fingers missing!!Tough. She told me about her marriage, that she was happy in her life, and it kinda seemed she was, in a twisted kind of way. She kept saying how great I was, that her being a medium she could see my aura, and she always looked at me straight in the eyes. Then came this moment, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I began to wonder if she wasn't trying to probe me mentally or something, I had the weirdest feeling. Shortly afterwards, my cell phone rang, that was my friend coming and I left her behind, not before she had given me her card with her email, phone numbers and everything. But way before that, she had taken the time to explain to me she had been attracted to me because she had felt there was something unusually special about me, like I had a mission or something, that I had lots of potential, actual powers . I of course had to tell her about some stories that had occurred to me in the past, the"boot story" I have posted in this thread being one of them. This was all very weird, and I could have sworn there was more to this random encounter that just some fat-finnish-with-three-fingers-missing trying to get filled with me, even though to be sure, there was quite obviously some of that, too. She did say that she thought I was "un enfant indigo". I had heard
about that a couple of times in the past before, but didn't know what it means. When I asked her, she told me I should look it up on the internet which I did, and then email her about it, which I didn't. I don't know how to translate "enfant indigo" in english exactly, but it would seem I'm basically a special person full of good intentions with paranormal powers. Like I didn't know...

I don't know if you are going to do something great in life or not, Oltobaz, I'm simply a guy over the net who doesn't believe in fate or anything, but this chick sounds like a fucking moron. You know how women talk like this to you like your special? To cater to your ego so you will be in her grasp.

I have met a couple of those, one told me she could see aura's and that I had a strong one, she also told me she could see dead people but I was too drunk to care and thats why I didn't mind getting friendly with her at that party (Fuck do I regret that, it turned out we went to the same school).
Pretty funny really, it was the first time I had ever got drunk when she was telling me this. I must have asked her at least 10 times that night what colour my aura was for fun, Most of the time I was yellow most of the night, meaning I was "searching for something" that night, sounded like subliminal messaging if you ask me.

Another few women, sisters actually would tell me how at one of their old houses was haunted by a ghost and how they would often feel it's presence. Unlike the other girl I spoke of (who was probably a compulsive liar) they probably believed that there was a presence there and it did indeed walk through them on several occasions giving them pins and needles and you know what? They were quiet dumb as well to be quiet honest, there are others who are like that I have met but those are the ones that stand out, and in my experience most people who are in to the psychic and white which shit usally are (I don't mean you or anything don't get me wrong.)

In short if I were you I would not take this women seriously, she just has different methods to try and fuck you IMHO.

Top Bottom