Ghosts.... Real or not? You be the judge.

Jon Schaffer said:
Bah, ghost are fake, just like God. Oh and don't try to flame me on the God thing. There is no real answer to prove it. Just like the existance of ghosts.  8)
Real nice.
One would think that you could've avoided saying that altogether, but you couldn't have, could you? I mean, since pictures of ghosts are directly related to the existance of God, it was about time someone brought it up.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
redria said:
according to your avatar, you are god, so therefore you dont exist! ;)

If I didnt know you were joking, I would have put up a fit.

To me god is a state of mind, not somthing in reality.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
i try to remain neutral on the whole "is there a god?" thing. i think it's just as ignorant to say you know god doesnt exsist as it is to say your own religion is the only true path. what, all of a sudden people know everything? i dont believe in ghosts because i'm pretty sure theyre a superstition invented by man with absolutely no solid evidence to back it up as i believe most religions are. it boggles my mind how someone can make such huge leaps of faith based on absolutely nothing. however it's all possible, just improbable. personally, i wouldnt waste too much of my life on it. agnostic all the way.

DemonX said:
To me god is a state of mind, not somthing in reality.

Sounds like someone unconsciously got their spiritual wisdom of life from Berserk relating to the Ideal world and it's connection to the humans mind, then changed it a little to make it sound like philosophical wisdom.

skeletonmf said:
i try to remain neutral on the whole "is there a god?" thing. i think it's just as ignorant to say you know god doesnt exsist as it is to say your own religion is the only true path. what, all of a sudden people know everything? i dont believe in ghosts because i'm pretty sure theyre a superstition invented by man with absolutely no solid evidence to back it up as i believe most religions are. it boggles my mind how someone can make such huge leaps of faith based on absolutely nothing. however it's all possible, just improbable. personally, i wouldnt waste too much of my life on it. agnostic all the way.

I like most of that, to me regardless of if we were created by a higher power or not we are still the smartest parasites of earth which slowly developed from what was once inside a dying star. Plan or accident? Who could ever really know.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
ranemaka13 said:
Yeah, I'm sorry, but you're totally going to have to explain that one.

I knew you guys would freak if I said that :-\. To me god is a state of mind; as in how you see yourself. Ever heard of the expression "King of your oun world"? Thats what I mean; and that everyone has control over their oun life, there is no god or gods that control our life over some divine plan.

skeletonmf

Sparnage said:
we are still the smartest parasites of earth

not necessarilly true. we still dont know what the briny deep has in store. cephalapods are said to be extremely intelligent. the largests squids we know of are so elusive we've barely seen one alive. think of what could be down there. even larger, more cunning creatures than the giant squid. we just cant go that deep yet and even still creatures that dwell on the ocean floor are sensitive to light, making it all the more difficult to spot one. but yeah, so far human rule on land without a doubt.

DemonX said:
To me god is a state of mind; as in how you see yourself.
I'll be honest, that makes no sense.
Whether or not you believe in God, god is defined as a being. That's like me saying, "I think a tiger is a state of mind," it makes absolutely no sense.
But it's good that you are self-aware, or maybe have a self-image, which is the word I think you're searching for instead of this weird breed of philosophizing you're trying out.

Sparnage said:
To me regardless of if we were created by a higher power or not we are still the smartest parasites of earth which slowly developed from what was once inside a dying star.
So true. Still whats sad is that we have a choice to be parasites. And we choose to be. There is no proof that God exist nor doesn't exist. That's where the "believing" comes in. Aethiest live hard lives, Believers live easy lifes. All because they have something to believe in. Sometimes I envy them. Still the world will still turn until we have drained it of its natural rescourses and are forced to move to another planet. If we get that far without destroying earth in war  :-\.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
there was an interesting show on the discovery channel last night about this family got haunted by ghosts. The mother and the 2 daughters could see them and intereact with them but the father couldnt. But the father and the daughter wok up in the middle of the night many times with 3 gashes on them. Its really strange, a few professionals on ghosts said that the mothers side of the family was phycic. They traced the mothers family lines back to a small town were it was common for the townsfolk to hear and see trang things. Also one of the ghosts that viseted one of the daughters was a man by the name of gorgy, he was burried in the near by cemetery. When the family went to go see the grave one of the daughters who was a smal child at the time, went right up to gorgys grave out of 100s of graves, and she could not even read yet. I may be explaning things like crap but you people will find this show most intreeging. The shopw is called a haunting in gerorgia. Ill try to find more info on the internet for you guys.

lbrown726

God-Emperor of the llamas!
ny7_face.jpg
[sarcasm]
OMG!  Don't you guys see VOID?!? What does it all mean?
[/sarcasm]

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
[sarcasm]
OMG! Don't you guys see VOID?!?
What does it all mean?
[/sarcasm]

[laughter] that we're all F***ed?[/laughter]

As for ghosts, well I think most of them are just mirages. Not of the "light bending and distorting around the horizon" type, but more of the " temporal burn-in" variety. Frankly, I've seen too much weird shit in my life to be dismissive. I kinda envy folks who never see the things I have. Sanity must be such a boon.

An afterlife is just something made up because people are afraid death is the true end of the mind. You can't think, you can't do shit. Sucks don't it?

God is just and excuse to be ignorant. I mean the Bible was written when people didn't even know what the sun was, and believed they would be eaten by sea monsters if they went too far into the ocean ::).

Still, these are all just my OPINIONS.

skeletonmf

Jon Schaffer said:
An afterlife is just something made up because people are afraid death is the true end of the mind. You can't think, you can't do shit. Sucks don't it?

well, if you look at it that way. i think it would be like sleeping without the dreams, which i prefer anyway. i'm only afraid of an early death because i'm not finished with what i want to do in life, but i dont rely on a promise of a pleasant afterlife to help me deal with my fears. logic is the only way i could possibly make good of the situation. you dont exsist anymore and the thought of it is sometimes frightening, however once it's happened you wouldnt care. you'd be in no pain, and you would have absolutely no problems or responsibillities after that. when you think of it like that, it's like unwinding after work, going on vacation, or retiring. people are so afraid of that shit, but it's not nearly as bad as the concept of hell.

R

Raftrider

The set of the movie with that kid in the window isn't a ghost. Nothing but an Urban Legend.

http://eeggs.com

The article is somewhere on this site, I'm just too much of a lazy ass to find it.

John Schaffer=I love you!

Top Bottom