Gigantomakhia—new 6-part scifi miniseries by Miura

Interesting choice for the cover, also not a huge fan of it, but it's not terrible. I wonder if it will be licensed by Dark Horse and released here in the states.
 

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Tama said:
Interesting choice for the cover, also not a huge fan of it, but it's not terrible. I wonder if it will be licensed by Dark Horse and released here in the states.
probably... they did after all released japan and Wolfe something that I can't remember. i would not be surprised if they did. I would not be surprised if they did not either.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder that the digital volume of Gigantomakhia is available for about $6 on Hakusensha-e.net.

If you need help going through the credentialing and payment process, Aaz created a handy guide here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14329.0

Also nice to know that even through the year-long hiatus, Studio Gaga retained the same staff members:

 
Out of curiosity, has anyone received the actual manga yet? Anything different about it? Or is it exactly the same as it was published in Young Animal?

First post woo. After a very long time of lurking hah
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tabris said:
Out of curiosity, has anyone received the actual manga yet? Anything different about it? Or is it exactly the same as it was published in Young Animal?

First post woo. After a very long time of lurking hah
I only have the digital edition so far. Nothing changed that I noticed. Looks really sharp though!
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Nildin said:
Good news for everyone who knows German as Panini Germany announced their new spring 2015 schedule and they are planning to release Gigantomakhia in March 2015. :)

source
source2
Wow, that is indeed great news! Way to go Panini!
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
That's great!

I haven't actually checked to see if Dark Horse has said anything about Gigantomakhia in a while. Turns out nope, nothing... :sad:
 

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Nildin said:
Good news for everyone who knows German as Panini Germany announced their new spring 2015 schedule and they are planning to release Gigantomakhia in March 2015. :)

source
source2
Same thing for Italy.

Panini Comics, May 2015:
http://www.paninicomics.it/web/guest/news?id=87399

Two different Edition:
Standard Edition (€5,00)
Deluxe Edition (€7,50)

[I will buy both :rakshas:]
 
Woohoo! :ubik: Great that it is coming out in other languages and a good sign it might come out in English!

Walter said:
That's great!

I haven't actually checked to see if Dark Horse has said anything about Gigantomakhia in a while. Turns out nope, nothing... :sad:
:puck:
 
Walter said:
I haven't actually checked to see if Dark Horse has said anything about Gigantomakhia in a while. Turns out nope, nothing... :sad:
Is there a chance another company could pick up the licensing? (I hope so.)
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Is there a chance another company could pick up the licensing? (I hope so.)
I don't know enough about the Japanese publishing world to say this with any authority, but because both titles come from Hakusensha, and they have a previous working relationship with Dark Horse, it's possible that DH has first dibs on it. In addition to that, the marketing for the book would probably reference Berserk (all of Japan's marketing did, anyway...), and that might be awkward if it weren't DH doing that promotion. So, hopefully the opportunity doesn't just end up inside a desk drawer somewhere in DH lala land... Hope Viz gets a shot at it... :azan:

BTW: Through my searching, I discovered that DH recently shut down their message boards, which included dumping their entire archive of posts. Stay classy, guys!
 
Walter said:
I don't know enough about the Japanese publishing world to say this with any authority, but because both titles come from Hakusensha, and they have a previous working relationship with Dark Horse, it's possible that DH has first dibs on it. In addition to that, the marketing for the book would probably reference Berserk (all of Japan's marketing did, anyway...), and that might be awkward if it weren't DH doing that promotion. So, hopefully the opportunity doesn't just end up inside a desk drawer somewhere in DH lala land... Hope Viz gets a shot at it... :azan:
Interesting. Well, I'll keep hoping Viz gets a shot at it. Regardless, I'm asking for the Japanese volume for Christmas, and eagerly awaiting Puella's translation. :serpico:
 

puella

Popopopopopopopo!
Rhombaad said:
Interesting. Well, I'll keep hoping Viz gets a shot at it. Regardless, I'm asking for the Japanese volume for Christmas, and eagerly awaiting Puella's translation. :serpico:
Thank you. I want to work on it, not just for others but for myself as well! My dream though is to work only for Berserk. For example, I have a dream plan of translating all of the Berserk volumes. It's kind of a project for the next generation because I'm sure Berserk will be read for a long time. But this work would take me an enormous amount of time, maybe more than 10 years if I were to just do it on the side.

The second option is to make a list to correct all of the mistranslations in DH volumes and to insert missing lines (i.e. Puck's air talk!). But that might take almost as much time as a retranslation anyway. :iva: In Korea and Japan, many manga fans make these kinds of "correcting lists".
 
puella said:
Thank you. I want to work on it, not just for others but for myself as well!
You're welcome. :serpico:

puella said:
My dream though is to work only for Berserk. For example, I have a dream plan of translating all of the Berserk volumes. It's kind of a project for the next generation because I'm sure Berserk will be read for a long time. But this work would take me an enormous amount of time, maybe more than 10 years if I were to just do it on the side.
I want to do the same thing, but I'm so far behind in my Japanese, I think you'll beat me to it. I would love to have accurate translations for the whole series. One day, when I'm way more fluent in Japanese than I am now, maybe you and I can meet half-way on it.

puella said:
The second option is to make a list to correct all of the mistranslations in DH volumes and to insert missing lines (i.e. Puck's air talk!). But that might take almost as much time as a retranslation anyway. :iva: In Korea and Japan, many manga fans make these kinds of "correcting lists".
That's a great idea. I've never heard of such a thing before. :serpico:
 
Pre-Order is now available at Panini Germany (release 10.03.15)

https://www.paninicomics.de/gigantomachie-i12075.html

It also says that there will be a limited Edition available at Leipzig Book Fair (Takes place 12. - 15.03.15)
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nildin said:
It also says that there will be a limited Edition available at Leipzig Book Fair (Takes place 12. - 15.03.15)
Great news for Germany and Italy. I wonder what will be different about the limited edition...?
 
Yeah I also wonder whats that about. But there are no details. I might be at Leipzig Book Fair, so I might get a hand on it and will let you know ;D
 
very nice, also, not sure it was mentioned but french publisher Glénat is planning on releasing it too, they have confirmed it

http://www.glenatmanga.com/forum/gigantomakhia-563_11316_1.html
 
Ken said:
Final cover for the german edition. looks pretty good

Not a fan of the font and the way they put it in a box, but still cool that it is starting to show up translated into different languages.
 
Top Bottom