Goosebumps

Did you get any goosebumps from any scenes in Berserk be it in the manga or the anime?

There was a specific scene in the Anime that did it for me... It was when Griffith (Post-torture) is watching from afar as Caska and Guts have an intimate moment. The close up on his eye was chilling!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Staks said:
Did you get any goosebumps from any scenes in Berserk be it in the manga or the anime?

There was a specific scene in the Anime that did it for me... It was when Griffith (Post-torture) is watching from afar as Casca and Guts have an intimate moment. The close up on his eye was chilling!

yea all the time in the manga. Not so much the anime nowadays but deff the manga...too many to count actually.

S

smoke

Berserk has always been awesome at giving me goosebumps. So many spine-tingling little moments of tension or of awesome epic-ness.

A huge one was when Guts and Griff's eyes met as Guts 'n co. were rowin' out to the big boat.

Like others have said, there are many of these moments in Berserk, but the one that stands out in my mind is when :SK: disrupts the Eclipse and saves Guts and Casca.

A few times

-Recent 303 preview was very striking. Maybe a little too much.

-Casca "defending herself" from the gang when she strayed away from Guts, even though she wasn't all there in her head.

-The showdown at the hill of swords.

Roshinu and Guts fighting in the sky in volume 16 is probably my favorite one. That drawing of Guts clenching his teeth on her stinger just makes me shiver sometimes.

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
I just bought volume 16 today and I thought the image of Guts and the apostle falling from the sky with the moon in the background was AMAZING! The music I was listening to at the time helped bring on the goosebumps. So Long, Lonesome by.... Explosions in the Sky (what a coincidence!)

Hmm iv'e gotta say when i first saw the trolls raping all those women in volume 25, not only did it give me goosebumps i also wanted to throw up :isidro:

S

Saintly pants

That one, very cinematic moment in volume ten in wich Casca loses her torch because she got jumpy listening to the creepy legend of the tower after which it falls into the black chasm where it briefly illuminates the ruins of a crumbled city, littered with hundreds of corpses. Then it hits the floor and before the light burns out you see they all have brands. An entire city was sacrificed to evil!

That's as far as I am in the manga right now and it creeped me out a lot. Mostly because it was something new I didn't expect after watching the anime first.

It was subtle and cryptic too. That's when you tend to get the most goosebumpy. :SK:

btw, how come 1000 year old corpses all have branded forheads? Shouldn't they be skeletons by now? Also, aren't sacrifices typically eaten? Not to take the thread too off topic. But feel free to PM me if you have a good answer. ty

Oburi

All praise Grail
Saintly pants said:
That one, very cinematic moment in volume ten in wich Casca loses her torch because she got jumpy listening to the creepy legend of the tower after which it falls into the black chasm where it briefly illuminates the ruins of a crumbled city, littered with hundreds of corpses. Then it hits the floor and before the light burns out you see they all have brands. An entire city was sacrificed to evil!

That's as far as I am in the manga right now and it creeped me out a lot. Mostly because it was something new I didn't expect after watching the anime first.

It was subtle and cryptic too. That's when you tend to get the most goosebumpy. :SK:

O man you got a long way to go buddy, and it only gets better :guts: I love when people are still early in the manga. Be sure to let us know how the future volumes creep you and give you goosebumps.

As for me, I think recently it was the light washing over the world. Seeing everyone in complete awe, and Schierke and Guts on the boat being taken by surprise was pretty intense. It definitely gave me the chills to see Griffiths ambition finally coming true, and wondering what was going through Guts and Schierke's mind when they saw that. They must have known more than anyone else that it couldn't be good, but that it was something very big and very important that will have changes the world, possibly forever.

Jaze1618 said:
btw, how come 1000 year old corpses all have branded forheads? Shouldn't they be skeletons by now? Also, are sacrifices eaten? Not to take the thread too off topic. But feel free to PM me if you have a good answer.

Well it's been discussed many times before, I think the only real answer is that it's all part of the mystery. Nobody really knows exactly how it went down 1,000 years ago.

BERSERK = GOOSEBUMPS

If I had to pick one time when I had them the most would be when Guts and crew rescued Griffith. Griffith had so many emotions flowing through him about Guts. With the fight against Wyald, Griffith's eyes just made me crazy. He watched Guts like a hawk, no pun intended lol.

Uh, I hope I'm not necroing. :farnese: This hasn't been posted in for roughly a month, but it's near the top and I wanted to post in it when it was created so... if necro it be, then necro it be. :guts:

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the scene I've had in mind. :azan: The only scene that really, not just left me in awe or had me incomprehensibly squealing like a little girl, but gave me literal goosebumps was the scene where Guts turns around at Albion to see the campfires from below forming the shape of the brand. (Okay, so maybe I did incomprehensibly squeal like a little girl, but it was incomprehensible squealing about excellent writing/imagery. >>; ) It's been said a million times that some moments in Berserk are ridiculously ripe for cinematic translation, and this scene is evidence. Just think about it: a slow panning from behind Guts as he turns that reveals the campgrounds over the hillside layered with the sounds of gravel crunching beneath Guts' feet, screams as confusion and terror consume the campgrounds and, of course, the fires crackling in otherwise still night air. That's one of those scenes so delicious and nutritious you don't put in it in the trailers and clearly not just because Guts' ass would be in 98% of the frames. Seriously, though. Immediately after that scene, I wanted to give Miura a high five.

smoke said:
A huge one was when Guts and Griff's eyes met as Guts 'n co. were rowin' out to the big boat.

That scene was pretty good, too. >>;

-mushi- said:
Uh, I hope I'm not necroing. :farnese: This hasn't been posted in for roughly a month, but it's near the top and I wanted to post in it when it was created so... if necro it be, then necro it be. :guts:

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the scene I've had in mind. :azan: The only scene that really, not just left me in awe or had me incomprehensibly squealing like a little girl, but gave me literal goosebumps was the scene where Guts turns around at Albion to see the campfires from below forming the shape of the brand. (Okay, so maybe I did incomprehensibly squeal like a little girl, but it was incomprehensible squealing about excellent writing/imagery. >>; ) It's been said a million times that some moments in Berserk are ridiculously ripe for cinematic translation, and this scene is evidence. Just think about it: a slow panning from behind Guts as he turns that reveals the campgrounds over the hillside layered with the sounds of gravel crunching beneath Guts' feet, screams as confusion and terror consume the campgrounds and, of course, the fires crackling in otherwise still night air. That's one of those scenes so delicious and nutritious you don't put in it in the trailers and clearly not just because Guts' ass would be in 98% of the frames. Seriously, though. Immediately after that scene, I wanted to give Miura a high five.

That scene was pretty good, too. >>;

I also loved that scene, particularly in conjunction with the imagery shortly preceding it, where we are shown the crumbling tower take the form of a giant hand, which I interpret as Miura's own extending high five.

Weird Fishes

If you find me ignorant, enlighten me
Walter said:
Falconia. :griff:

Oh god this.

And any of the saddistic smiles Guts does.
Or any scene with Apostle Zodd.
Infact the whole part part after Guts rides Zodd, uptil when he falls after Zodd leaves had the whole right side of my body covered in them.
Goddamn it was awesome.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
the part when skull knight tells Guts that Casca can regain her sanity, and then Guts smiles for the first time in ages. That's actually my favorite page of the manga too, because of all the downward spirals that Guts goes through, he gets 1 glimmer of hope and can't help but to smile.
i just got some more goosebumps thinking of it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I got goosbumps more recently when Schierke, Casca and Guts suddenly feel the effect of Ganishka's transformation. Like it was so powerful that even though they were miles away they could still sense something epic is happening. I just love those reaction shots.

When Grunbeld fully awakens in front of Guts in his Berserk armor, that panel with Guts' back, bent knee wild stance always gives me the chills. So epic ...

S

Saintly pants

The dutch volumes 12 and 13 were delayed for over six months but they just made up for it by releasing them both simutaniously! :ubik:

I'm surprised how faithfull the anime depicted the eclypse in the end since i exepted about half the content to be cut from it. Of course, the rape to end all rapes just had to be censored for TV since it was just... DAMN! That panel of Casca being tossed aside like a used condom will keep me from getting horny for months!

However the goosebumps moments mostly came after it when Guts ran into the wilds. No spoken lines at all. Just images. It's clear Guts is blaming his own selfishness for everything that went wrong. He finally realizes how badly het let Judeau and Carcus down and what a loyal buddy Pippin was. He also knows painfully well Griffith once trusted him completely and would never have gone bad if he had not left his side. Tough in the end, Griffith is still the only real traitor. Miura is truely a master of communication trough facial expressions, more then anything else. He can say with one panel what would take a writer two pages.

C

C_W

Pippin during the Eclipse.

That shot where you see his body just standing there, and then you can see that his entire backside had been pulled out and he's just a shell.

That just gave me such an eerie feeling; and it was Pippin too... Mr. Badass.

Made me look back on Guts completely slaughtering the Count with fond memories.

Top Bottom