Grail makes doodlies?!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Dawww I just want to give Skully a big hug! [sub][sub][sub]Although I think his spikes would impale me. :magni:[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I love it, Skully coping in a world without Mr. Waffles, and I bet he's just taken up with that hussy Slan again! :SK:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Hilarious stuff. I love the new pages. :D I feel so bad for skully. It's so funny how you draw Slan. She looks like such a bimbo. : P

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Thanks for the comments, guys! :slan:

グリフィス said:
Yeah, I love it, Skully coping in a world without Mr. Waffles, and I bet he's just taken up with that hussy Slan again! :SK:
Aww... Talk about adding insult to injury. :judo:

Aphasia said:
Hilarious stuff. I love the new pages. :D I feel so bad for skully. It's so funny how you draw Slan. She looks like such a bimbo. : P
Man, you guys are rough on poor old Slan! Despite what Skully says, I think she's just a burnt out old chainsmoker who likes to hang around in big t-shirts and go sale-hunting at the local shopping center. If you ask me, that hornball schtick is just an act that she plays up to keep her job. After 216+ years, she's gotta be TIRED.

... Aaanyway, made a new comic to distract myself from having to draw and re-draw Skully's armor. Unfortunately, it turned out that the Tapasa weren't much easier. :sad: Those lumps always did weird me out.

Grail said:
... Aaanyway, made a new comic to distract myself from having to draw and re-draw Skully's armor. Unfortunately, it turned out that the Tapasa weren't much easier. :sad: Those lumps always did weird me out.

Bhahaha, that is just to funny especially when Rakshas came in with the veggie pizza and the last bit at the end was pretty damn funny as well. Great work Grail, keep it up! :slan:

Aphasia

Hahaha!! Wow, that's great. I love how they just have numbers on their foreheads. The no-doubt sharpie drawing on the inside of the pizza box was pretty priceless. : P

Grail

Feel the funk blast
My god, it's been a while! So, now that I have some time, I decided to upload a bunch of old doodles that I never got around to uploading. Some of these suckers go back to '07-'08... oh, the memories! :griffnotevil: Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?

Youdaman.jpg

This was part of a comic I drew for a friend's birthday. What better present than to have the God Hand show up and pay you vague compliments? :guts:

Judeau1_1.jpg

Another oldie. Must've been feeling sentimental! :judo:

Nagbag1.jpg

This serves as a reminder to do more Carcus fanart.

GutsPuckSparklies.jpg

And... well... I think I was doing some kind of color experimentation, here. At least I hope so. :farnese:

Gutsdoodlie2clip.jpg

More Guts! I believe that this was meant as a counterpart to "White Hawk."

Gutsclip2_2.jpg

And... I can't look at that face without cracking up. :ganishka:

ContestSkully1_maybe.jpg

And more recently, this was part of a new comic I wanted to make involving Skully, Mr. Waffles, and a certain fake emperor. I think I decided to hold off on it until I conclude my other story.

GriffJeazuzcliplarge.jpg
GriffJeazuzclip_1.jpg

I don't really remember what this was supposed to be about... I think that episode 292 had just come out and I was so excited that I had draw something to celebrate.

DaddysBoy1.jpg

Here's one of the most recent ones. One day I got to thinking, why isn't there that much fanart for the demon baby? I think he's got lots of comedic potential! I stand by my statement.

-----

Now we're pretty much caught up! As far as things I'd like to do, well, I do have a request from Link that I'm working on, and there's still that Skully and Waffles comic to finish. I have a few other things that I should post, but this one's long enough as it is. :slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Great update, tons of stuff! Still, you need to stop slacking and finish the on-going projects! That's an order! :iva:

Grail, more of Guts and the Demon Baby! Sweet Christ, I am DYIN'!! I would love to see how Guts would attempt teaching DB how to ride a bike, what with his gimp legs and all! :ganishka:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Thanks for the comments guys! I've been turning over some other demon baby/Guts ideas in my head, so if I get some more time I'll be drawing them out. In the meantime, I decided to revisit a classic bromance. Enjoy!

PucknGuts.jpg

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
One of my favorite things about your colored art is how you ... well... color it! Your choice of colors gives the piece a real organic-looking fluffiness to it. I love Puck's glow.

You did a great job with these two characters. Guts looks amazing. Great attention to detail and his expression is classic Guts. One detail I like is his thick eye outlines. Also, the scars all over his body are a great touch!

You're a good egg, Grail.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I like how you drew Guts' face and I think you do a great Puck. If I had to criticize something it would be the arms. The way his right fist manages to be in-between the artificial forearm and the bandaged arm proper strikes me as unnatural. The way they're joined to the shoulders also seems a little off somehow, but maybe that's just the angle that confuses me.

Good work in any case. :guts:

Aphasia

Nice work Grail! It's always nice to see your art style applied to Berserk. Quite refreshing, really. I don't know how you'd describe the texture on the rocks but I really love it. It's like a faint watercolor/dappled grain or something.

Have fun!

Top Bottom