Greatest sword ever created

thought you guys might enjoy this. I'm still working on it though
the_dragonslayer_by_mrbright.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, not bad at all, good rendering! Slightly too dark maybe, but I can't wait to see the finished picture anyway :).

Thanks for all the critique it actually helps. Ive been thinking about the over-all lighting and the spec on his hand wrap. You guys seem to be right... now that I look at it his arm does seem a little bent

as for:
skeletonmf said:
that's fucking tits man! keep it up.

thats hilarious man

every one thanks for all the crits and comments. It really helped in the tweaking prossess. If I wasnt so busy Not doing my home work and playing half life 2 I'd finish the second scene.Ill prolly animate both of them and use em in my final project for calss.
Instead ill post a wallpaper =P

The_dragon_Slayer_by_mrbright.jpg

Headless Death said:
I'm pretty sure the simularity was intentional. ;)
I thought the source was obvious. :-\

Heh yeah I was looking at that the WHOLE time.

Awww shit, excellent work. Are you doing that sky effect in Maya/3DS, or are you just getting a source image/fractal and compositing the two? If the former, HOW?

Minor critiques are that the skin texture is too plastic and I feel like the arm is a bit too skinny to be Guts' and the hand slightly too small.

Any chance you could post the scene file or anything like that?

Denial said:
Awww shit, excellent work. Are you doing that sky effect in Maya/3DS, or are you just getting a source image/fractal and compositing the two? If the former, HOW?

Minor critiques are that the skin texture is too plastic and I feel like the arm is a bit too skinny to be Guts' and the hand slightly too small.

Any chance you could post the scene file or anything like that?

Ha! I wish I could do a sky like that in 3ds max. No i pretty much just painted/photomanipulated it in photo shop. As for the skin, I noticed that too but I allready rendered it.perhaps Ill touch it up in photoshop.As for the scene file I'll post a screen cap of the wireframe.
here
behind_the_3ds_scene_by_mrbright.jpg

desann

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hey Mrbright!

Which technique did you use for modelling the hand? NURBS? I´ve always been interested in this subject.

Top Bottom