Green Photography

I'm not sure how many of you are aware (at most, I think it's 3), but my interests lie not only in film but photography as well. I've taken a couple of classes and it's become my major. And if there is anyone who was aware previously of this fact, I don't believe they've ever seen any of my work. I'm here now to amend that oversight. It's something I've considered doing for quite sometime, I just never got around to it.

All were shot Easter Sunday earlier this year.
Shot on Ilford HP5, pushed to 800 - 1200 and developed in Dektol paper developer.
Unfortunately, I do not have access to the studio at this time, so I'm unable to properly make copy work of these photos, so I had to resort to the scanner at work. It's a bit crude, but it gets the images out there, albeit turing them a tad darker than originally printed. =/
Thus, these are all 4x5 work prints, accounting for the uncleanliness of the borders and centering and the unburned/dodged problem areas. They were later printed at 11x14 which gave crisper images, more detail and had a better grain effect.

I hope all enjoy.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

this one had a whole in the emulsion, somehow....

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff. Were these taken while on vacation in SILENT HILL? :troll: Like CnC, I really like the 7th one. It's the most professional of the bunch, to me. What was your aperature for these? Oh, and is the dress she's wearing part of her wardrobe for these shots, or just a dress she happened to be wearing? It effectively "dates" the image, to me. That is to say, it doesn't look like modern stuff.

Seriously though, this should be moved to Creation Station. Voila!

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Pretty cool! I'm interested in photography as well, but I haven't really attempted to pursue it yet. Maybe I will? :) I like the second and sixth ones best.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Those are really cool, but where thee, uhh, "artistic" nudes? =)

pls post rest of series :judo:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I really like these, Green. But I wish you'd continue the 'grungy' border to all four sides instead of the 5px white border. Other than that.... all I can say is `Congrats on a job well done :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
I really like these, Green. But I wish you'd continue the 'grungy' border to all four sides instead of the 5px white border. Other than that.... all I can say is `Congrats on a job well done :badbone:
Pretty sure that "grungy" border is just on his physical prints. Prove me right, Green... pleeeeeease? :guts:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
Pretty sure that "grungy" border is just on his physical prints. Prove me right, Green... pleeeeeease? :guts:
Oh I'm sure it is too.... hense the wishing it would continue over to the other sides too :serpico:

Those are nice. The first time I saw them just a minute ago, I had to take another look because I thought that was my ex-girlfriend!!! :isidro: back stabbing whore

Those are cool pictures. Maybe one day I will create "Time in a Box". You will actually be able to buy back some time, then I can do all the stuff I want to. Nice thought, yes? :guts:

- C

Walter said:
Like CnC, I really like the 7th one.  It's the most professional of the bunch, to me.  What was your aperature for these?
Oh Wally, I don't keep track of that stuff.

Oh, and is the dress she's wearing part of her wardrobe for these shots, or just a dress she happened to be wearing?
I'm not positive, but I think it was something I asked her to wear.

It effectively "dates" the image, to me.  That is to say, it doesn't look like modern stuff.
Which is precisely the reason I [think I] had her wear it. Glad that came through!

Walter said:
Pretty sure that "grungy" border is just on his physical prints.  Prove me right, Green... pleeeeeease?  :guts:
I used a filed-out negative holder to enlarge these. It gives a nice feeling of antiquity. That is to say, that "grungy" look is quite intentional.
I'm not quite sure I answered your question....

C said:
Those are nice. The first time I saw them just a minute ago, I had to take another look because I thought that was my ex-girlfriend!!!  :isidro
HA! Well, whoever she is, she's mine now. :badbone:

Thanks everyone. I'll try to post more soon. :casca:

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Very nicely done, I particularly like the 6th and 7th pictures.  But I like the overall aged look of the pictures and your choice of using black and white, which rarely is seen nowadays (at least from my perspective) and gives the images a darker and more haunting look.

Sorry if that made no sense, I suck at critiquing. :p

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Very nice. I'm certainly no photographer, but these certainly look good. Can't say I'm as fond of the 7th one as everyone else, it seems to have a ballance issue to me. It seems I'm outnumbered and outgunned though, so I'll step down.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned in my Studio Classes it's that even if you're the ONLY one with such an opinion, it doesn't make it any less valid.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vaxillus said:
Can't say I'm as fond of the 7th one as everyone else, it seems to have a ballance issue to me.

I like the 7th because its a balance of light and dark, rather than subject matter. It works in that regard, IMO.

KuroKenshi

ready for Today's sermon??
Very nice photography,  i like the first one, it looks like it would be on an album cover or something and the 6th one, you really captured a moment there.  :carcus: it  looks like it could be from an Alfred Hitchcock film. great job. you've got a good sense of composition and an eye for aesthetics as well. maybe try working with color next time, since your b+w photos are good!  :guts:

S

smoke

I've done some picture developing in the past, and always had a hard time with it. These are done very solidly.

Finally, something new to post!

The "Cinema" Project is a new project begun this semester to be continued for years to come, by myself.

All images are taken with a 4x5 Toyo Field Camera.

The Project is to document the changes movie theaters have gone through, beginning in Columbus, Ga and spreading outward.

001.jpg

The Platters

002.jpg

35mm Projector

003.jpg

The Gates of the Bishop

004.jpg

The Remains of the Grand

005.jpg

Christie - The Digital Projector

007.jpg

Christie - The Digital Projector

006.jpg

The Rialto/The Last Silver Screen in Columbus

008.jpg

Columbus Square 8

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Hooray, I've been waiting for an update! THe only problem is that I'm stuck at work and can't see a damn thing! I'll edit my post later to tell you what I think. I'm hoping for another cute girl, there's a cute girl in these pics right? Because Christie sounds like a cute girl!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Some very cool photos, Green/Rane.

I'm a fan of The Platters, The Gates of the Bishop, and The Rialto/The Last Silver Screen in Columbus.
Some great composition on those, and the black and white really helps things pop.

Top Bottom