Griffith or Ganishka, which one are you rooting for?

Who do you secretly cheer on?

• Ganishka

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Griffith

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Neither of them.

Votes: 14 19.7%

• Total voters
S

Sanguinius

Uriel said:
Griffith. I've been rooting for him since he first showed up -- why stop now? Ganishka's going down lads... sorry.

XD

That's the logic I am going by.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I voted for Grif, I have a soft spot in my heart for him. Although I think of Ganishka as more than a plot device, it's about time he shat or got off the pot. I want something a little more evil than him, and if Grif does win I look forward to the REAL dark times for Midland. I am excited about how Miura will finish this story arc, anything can happen.

Iscariot

The snack that smiles back!
I voted for Ganishka. I don't even think it's possible for him to "win" in the approaching situation, but I want him to do something more than what's been expected of him so far. He's sort of been the Howard Dean of Evil... So what I'd like from him is a reverberent "YEEAARRGHH" on the stage of Berserk, even if he doesn't win anything.

Can I root for both please? I dig Griff and neo-Hawks, but I have little doubt frankly that they will win in the end. So I hope Ganishka gets to kick some Griffith ass. Create some problems. Go out with style. I am a little worried about apostles, though, I wouldn't want to lose anyone significant. And, of course, Zodd has got to live. :puck:
I voted for Griffith though because ultimately I would want him to win this battle.
One off putting thing about Ganishka is how full he is of himself (that's something all apostles seem to share) even when he should be a little more realistic about his chances. But I still love old bastard.
I guess the battle will show us the amount of Griffith's power to some degree, his relationship with magic that Gani will use against him. All so we can be worried what happens to Guts and co when they go against this power.

"Guri and Gani"
Awww.

Anyway, I think Griffith is going to beat Ganishka because he already beat Lord Gennon and they both have beards!
I am rereading 7-8 volumes and actually Ganishka made me remember Lord Gennon. :) Griffith didn't appear to have any nostalgia though. Cold hearted bitch. :griff:

aughing it off after the fact shows that she did indeed feel it, and was probably putting on airs just to make Guts still believe that he's beneath her (or something to that effect).
I thought Slann got genuine kick-out out of this. Maybe she's into heavy BDSM. I am serious. Imagine being into S&M when nothing. can. hurt. you. She was probably giddy to find someone remotely interesting in Guts. Of course I may be wrong.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Cruella said:
I thought Slann got genuine kick-out out of this. Maybe she's into heavy BDSM. I am serious. Imagine being into S&M when nothing. can. hurt. you.

It's pretty clear Slan is a sadist from her dialogue in the manga, and that scene in volume 26 definitely implies some masochistic tendencies as well.

Griffith. If Griffith and Ganishka, were to fight....Griffith would win. Sound like a one sided opinion?...well...I don't care. :void: Griffith Rules, Ganishka sucks! Welcome to the third grade! :puck:

Death May Die said:
Griffith. If Griffith and Ganishka, were to fight....Griffith would win. Sound like a one sided opinion?...well...I don't care. :void: Griffith Rules, Ganishka sucks! Welcome to the third grade! :puck:
...but when was the last time two characters in Berserk fought on a level playing field? Even if Ganishka's defeat seems a foregone conclusion, I'm pretty sure there's still a hell of a lot of fight left in him.

How dare you use "reason" against me. :SK: Yeah, I would prefer a long battle over a short one. But if it is a long battle.... It's only because Griffith let it be so. Hahaha :troll:

berserker88

The Raging Demon
My choice is Griffith because I want Griffith to be killed by guts when he is at the pinnacle of his dream, it would be the best pay back IMO

I kinda wouldn't mind going out at the pinnacle of my dream. There are definitely worse ways to go. At least you still have a dream by then. And anything is a piece of cake compared to being tortured for a year.
Anyway we can be pretty sure that Ganishka won't kill Griffith, regardless of outcome of the battle. Though it would be funny if he did.
On topic, I am hoping to see some interesting strategy from Griff, like in good old times, only with monsters now! And some clever traps from Ganishka of course.
It's pretty clear Slan is a sadist from her dialogue in the manga, and that scene in volume 26 definitely implies some masochistic tendencies as well.
yeah. Gotta love her. :)

I voted for Ganishka all the way! I would just love to see Griffith get his ass kicked! But come on folks... we all know Griffith is going to win :judo:. Hold on... let me stop myself. Berserk is known for unexpected twist and turns. So we will just have to wait and see.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
bastard_swordsman said:
Even if Ganishka did win, would it be the end of Griffith? Or would he just return to being Femto all over again?

I don't think if Guri (:griff:) is killed in his present form he will go back to being Femto, as he was completely reincarnated, and only exists in the material world at this point. It's not like when Slan used the troll intestines to create an avatar for her astral body, which could be destroyed without killing her in the process.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bastard_swordsman said:
Even if Ganishka did win, would it be the end of Griffith? Or would he just return to being Femto all over again?

That's not really the topic of this thread... But to answer your question: firstly, we don't know what would happen if Griffith's supposedly mortal body were to die, we've been kept in the dark about his exact nature and powers. It seems his physical body is impervious to purely material attacks (though we haven't even seen him getting hit by anything so far), so it could imply that to destroy his earthly form you'd need to damage his astral body too.

And secondly, Ganishka recently said he didn't even intend to kill Griffith, so I'm not sure this possibility is even worth considering. I personally feel that Ganishka's fight and existence would be fulfilled if he managed to give Griffith a scar before dying, no matter how small. To permanently stain this immaculate demigod. This would validate all he's done so far.

Rhombaad said:
I don't think if Guri (:griff:) is killed in his present form he will go back to being Femto, as he was completely reincarnated, and only exists in the material world at this point.

Well, he still has an astral body (as seen even recently by Ganishka). It's bound to his material body for now (although it's entirely possible he's able to leave it, not unlike sorcerers, and maybe even manifest himself as a certain Falcon of Light), but if this human shell were to die... Who knows?

Aazealh said:
Well, he still has an astral body (as seen even recently by Ganishka).
Good point. So I suppose, a more interesting question to ask would not be "Would Griffith survive the destruction of his human form" but "In the event of the destruction of his physical form, what becomes of his astral form?" Do even the Godhand get dragged down into the Vortex when they die? The mind boggles...
Well, my mind does. I'm sure Aazealh's mind simply browses it's inbuilt Berserk encyclopedia for the correct piece of information to support/destroy this post :guts:

initialdproject

I'm stalking you....
Can I hate both? Yes, but since I want to see Guts kill Griff, well... I don't care? Griff via triangle choke with a transition to tea bag suffication.

:chomp: wanted to use this cause it's cool

edit: oops, didn't read aaz's post about Ganishka not killing griff. Well then lets see some kick ass shit from him. Still confident about the result tho....

Wow, this thread even managed to confuse me. I hadn't thought of Griffith pulling something similar to Onslaught (Marvel), a whole "Destruction of material body leading to indestructible form of energy", or in Griffith's case, could be dimensions. Maybe Guts' whole Interstice+Dragon Slayer will make a difference in that should it happen? But yeah, I -never- considered that. Shame.

As for the topic, eh, I remember when Ganishka came out I hated him, I wasn't a fan at all. But as I kept reading/re-reading I grew to like him a hell of a lot more especially when his story/Kushans went into greater detail.

Well, given I've never been good at predicting things, I think the least "probable" aspect would be Ganishka completely killing Griffith/Femto at their next battle. However, after the recent episode, there are numerous theories as to how the battle could turn out (again, at this point, I don't see how Griffith can turn around the same stalemate, lest...the entire time he's baiting Ganishka into a plan he's already hatched?) I don't want "Ganishka" to win, but at the same time, I don't know of too many people who want to (non plot wise) see Griffith take another step closer to fulfilling his dream.

Well, I do (obviously I don't make a majority though ;) ). If only because it would be very interesting to find out what exactly he's going to get out of his dream this time. For a human being, it is understandable, but what will demigod creature do with kingdom? Terrorize people for fun? Well, he already can do that with apostles, no need to specifically get his own kingdom. Try to make his kingdom strong and prosperous? It wouldn't be evil.
I also really wonder how much worse things can get post-Ganishka. People being terrorized - been there, done that. Midland turned into land of horror and despair - been there, bought T-shirt. Things are supposed to get even worse with Griffith at the helm, so I wonder what Miura will come up with (he has a talent for horror). The sooner Griff achieves his dream the sooner we find out.
I guess you can say that I want it plot-wise. But I guess I also want him to get his dream - he did "sell his soul" to get this. And THEN he can pay for his crimes. Fair and square. I feel it would be right somehow.
I thought about it and I want Ganishka to achieve at least something he can be proud of. :judo:

I still hope that Guts catches the guy *right* before achieving his dream. I can visualise it now; Griffith is about to be crowned the King of Midland, when suddenly Guts throws of his cunning Princess Charlotte disguise and cuts him clean in half (whilst still wearing half a dress). I'm going to stop visualising now, before I laugh too much.

I just can't let go of this thread, can I?

suddenly Guts throws of his cunning Princess Charlotte disguise and cuts him clean in half (whilst still wearing half a dress). I'm going to stop visualising now, before I laugh too much
Heee. I feel this idea has a lot of potential. I can just see Griffith thinking "Wow, Charlotte is so much more attractive today, there is just something about her... But why is this sudden impulse to chew on my finger, hug her and call her Daddy?"

Anyway, what I was getting into is that dying on the verge of acomplishing one's dream isn't too bad. That moment of expectation is the best thing anyway, like waiting for your birthday or some trip is better than actual realization of your dream. It's not as great as to be squashed by elephant while you're having orgasm of your life, but pretty close. Like dying in the best moment of your life. Oh well, I am sure Miura will find fitting "punishment" for Griff anyway. Sorry for gross Off topic.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
bastard_swordsman said:
I still hope that Guts catches the guy *right* before achieving his dream. I can visualise it now; Griffith is about to be crowned the King of Midland, when suddenly Guts throws of his cunning Princess Charlotte disguise and cuts him clean in half (whilst still wearing half a dress). I'm going to stop visualising now, before I laugh too much.

So that's where you got the inspiration for your avatar.

Top Bottom