Griffith the enchanter

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Mokred2 said:
dosent it prove that locus is an apostel ???

No, there's no known link between that Apostle in the picture and Griffith's army. Though, it's probable he's a part of it. Locus, all the same, is an Apostle.

-Griffith

Psymont said:
so the picture does in fact prove nothing of the current topic as it is from a volume to back dated ....
yeah but Muira does put clues throughout his manga of what apostles may come. I'm think of when Roshinu made a quick apprearance before the eclipse. and it was still a few volumes before she was explained. Maybe those creatures are some of the heroes(apostles) in the new band of the hawk.

I think it's still too early to decide whether Grunbeld, Locus and Irvine are apostles or not. They seem like apostles since they do seem un-human. But theirs also certain points that point them not being apostle's.One of them is that none of them eat humans, altho neither does Zodd. And it was also made clear that Locus was drawn to the Hawk of Light. Whether Locus knows that Griffith is actually the Hawk of Darkness is to be seen but if he doesn't, then their's a good chance that those three aren't apostles.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
How many humans did roshinu eat? She changed plenty into "elves". Those elves ate people, but did she eat anyone?

Perhaps eating humans is something that apostles don't need to do, or at least not for very long. Those apostle that have atained legendary status, have been around for a long time, maybe they got past their need for human flesh. Or maybe eating people is just amusing, and then only for so long.

Griffith

Saiki said:
I think it's still too early to decide whether Grunbeld, Locus and Irvine are apostles or not.

Miura makes the significance of Griffith’s army and it's members abundantly clear in 194 and the preceding chapters.

Saiki said:
They seem like apostles since they do seem un-human.

They don’t seem inhuman, they are. Mule senses it when Locus is looking at him. It’s that same feeling of monstrous power and fear Guts felt around Apostles. Locus even says so himself; they aren’t human.

Saiki said:
And it was also made clear that Locus was drawn to the Hawk of Light. Whether Locus knows that Griffith is actually the Hawk of Darkness is to be seen but if he doesn't, then their's a good chance that those three aren't apostles.

That’s a misinterpretation of the situation. Locus follows Griffith because he contacted him through the Falcon Oracle, much the same as Zoddo. That’s the “Hawk of Light” Locus and the other Apostles were drawn to.

-Griffith

P.S. Happy Birthday, Majin.

Griffith said:
Miura makes the significance of Griffiths army and it's members abundantly clear in 194 and the preceding chapters.
True, it was shown how powerful Griffith's new army members were. But there's still too little evidence to point Locus, Grunbeld and Irvine to be apostles. Yes, they are powerful like apostles but their are many that aren't apostles that are just as strong. Gutz is human and he's up there, same with Serpico with the help from the wind elementals. Skullknight is also very powerful and it's more likely that he's not an apostle at all.
Griffith said:
They dont seem inhuman, they are. Mule senses it when Locus is looking at him. Its that same feeling of monstrous power and fear Guts felt around Apostles. Locus even says so himself; they arent human.
The look and sense thing isn't exclusive to apostles. Griffith had the look and sense when he was still human. This can be seen when he was looking at Julius and Force(the small bald guy). Skully also has the exact same feel and presense but he most likely isn't an apostle.
And Locus didn't directly say, he wasn't human.
Griffith said:
Thats a misinterpretation of the situation. Locus follows Griffith because he contacted him through the Falcon Oracle, much the same as Zoddo. Thats the Hawk of Light Locus and the other Apostles were drawn to.
But the fact remains that it's unknown whether those guys know that the Hawk of Light is the Hawk of Darkness. Zoddo was drawn to Grffith bcuz he's strong. It's unknown why Locus, Grunbeld or Irvine are following Griffith.

For those wondering why I say Skully isn't an apostle or former god hand, I'll explain real quick here.
If Skully was an apostle or former god hand, Gutz's brand would've reacted violently in volume's 13,14,18 and 24. If Skully was an apostle, the brand would've reacted in some way to Skully but it didn't.

Griffith

Chapter 192

Full color page featuring Griffith, Locus, Irvine, Zoddo and Grunbeld.

Chapter Title: Demon Army

-Thanks for shopping at Griffith’s. ;)

The chapter name is actually "Fighting Demons".
Which still doesn't prove a thing about Locus, Irvine and Grunbled being apostles.
Many ppl thought Skully was an apostle when he first appeared in vol9. Now there's more evidence that makes Skully seem less like an apostle.

Like I said, it's still too early to say whether those three are apostles

Griffith

Saiki said:
But there's still too little evidence to point Locus, Grunbeld and Irvine to be apostles.
No, there’s absolutely no evidence to the contrary, actually. This is ridiculous; it’s like saying Morgan isn’t human because there’s not enough evidence. I don’t at all understand the fascination in the belief that Loucs, Grunbeld and Irvine are something special; super men that aren’t Apostles but with all the traits of Apostles. Ever since they’ve first appeared it’s been conveyed that they’re Apostles. It’s not even subtle. Do you actually read the story as if they aren’t Apostles? Honestly, tell me if you really think to yourself, “I have no clue about these guys.”

Saiki said:
Yes, they are powerful like apostles but their are many that aren't apostles that are just as strong.
I’ve never mentioned their strength as evidence. It shouldn’t be necessary to prove something so communicated in other ways in the story. Like making them the showpiece of a chapter called “Fighting Demons”, synonymous with “Demon Army.”

Saiki said:
The look and sense thing isn't exclusive to apostles. Griffith had the look and sense when he was still human. This can be seen when he was looking at Julius and Force(the small bald guy). Skully also has the exact same feel and presense but he most likely isn't an apostle.
Griffith wasn’t the same; he was very charismatic and intimidating, but the feeling around Apostles and other supernatural beings is something totally different (in context and description). The difference is you can feel it from Apostles just when they’re around you, like instinctual fear. They have a supernatural force. Skull Knight has it too being a powerful spiritual being.

Saiki said:
But the fact remains that it's unknown whether those guys know that the Hawk of Light is the Hawk of Darkness.
Assuming that makes a difference is a bigger leap than believing they’re Apostles. Especially since there’s nothing to support that idea; unlike the mounds of evidence that says Locus & company are Apostles.

Saiki said:
Which still doesn't prove a thing about Locus, Irvine and Grunbled being apostles.
Yeah? Why? Present me with some reasons for a change.

Saiki said:
Many ppl thought Skully was an apostle when he first appeared in vol9. Now there's more evidence that makes Skully seem less like an apostle.
He never seemed like one in the first place. There was evidence that suggested otherwise from the beginning. Unlike Locus, Grunbeld and Irvine I might add. They've always been like an 8-Ball in regards to Apostle-hood; all signs point to yes, baby. 8)

Saiki said:
Like I said, it's still too early to say whether those three are apostles
Why those three specifically, anyway? I mean, if not them, why do you believe anyone in Griffith’s army is an Apostle by your standards of proof?

So, I guess you could argue that they’re incredibly powerful supernatural beings that serve Griffith for unknown reasons… and they aren’t Apostles, but they lead among them. You realize that’s a much bigger assumption since you’re complicating the plot with unsubstantiated possibilities (i.e. whatever else they could be). That’s a fanfic, not an open-minded outlook. Miura’s suggested that they’re Apostles at every turn, and I’d rather read what he gives me than question every possibility no matter how unlikely and uncorroborated by the story. Yes, anything is possible however inconsistent, but you can’t just ignore the overwhelming evidence that dictates they’re Apostles.

-Griffith

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I'm thinking of something ...
Locus Grundbeld and co are here since Griffith has reappeared ... and Griffith rebirth made that layers are melting , thats the cause of legends being in real world such as trolls, ogre, kelpie ... maybe "those three" are heroes from the realm of the dead that have been allowed thanx to griff's rebirth to come back to real world ...
ps : thanks to aazealh with whom i've discussed about it and indirectly gave me that idea

Griffith said:
No, there’s absolutely no evidence to the contrary, actually. This is ridiculous; it’s like saying Morgan isn’t human because there’s not enough evidence. I don’t at all understand the fascination in the belief that Loucs, Grunbeld and Irvine are something special; super men that aren’t Apostles but with all the traits of Apostles. Ever since they’ve first appeared it’s been conveyed that they’re Apostles. It’s not even subtle. Do you actually read the story as if they aren’t Apostles? Honestly, tell me if you really think to yourself, “I have no clue about these guys.”
I think you mis-understand why I'm saying these things. I'm not saying they aren't apostles for sure. I'm saying that there's so little evidence for anything that nothing can be assumed.
Griffith said:
Griffith wasn’t the same; he was very charismatic and intimidating, but the feeling around Apostles and other supernatural beings is something totally different (in context and description). The difference is you can feel it from Apostles just when they’re around you, like instinctual fear. They have a supernatural force. Skull Knight has it too being a powerful spiritual being.
The look that Griffith gave(when he stared at Julius and Force) is the same as Locus's. With apostles and skullknight, people can feel their presense without making eye contact with them. Mule didn't even notice Locus until Locus said something and they made eye contact. Mule said he felt like being stared down by a huge beast, just like how Julius and Force felt like being stared down by a hawk.

Griffith said:
Assuming that makes a difference is a bigger leap than believing they’re Apostles. Especially since there’s nothing to support that idea; unlike the mounds of evidence that says Locus & company are Apostles.
Actually, it does. Zoddo isn't following Griffith bcuz he's the Hawk of Light or anything. He's following him bcuz he's the one strong person he was always searching for. The other apostle members were gathered by Zoddo, as seen in the DC game. But Locus, Grunbeld, Irvine and Rakshack came by their own will. Their reasons still unknown, which would infact make a big difference of whether they are apostles or something different.

Griffith said:
He never seemed like one in the first place. There was evidence that suggested otherwise from the beginning. Unlike Locus, Grunbeld and Irvine I might add. They've always been like an 8-Ball in regards to Apostle-hood; all signs point to yes, baby. 8)
So your saying that even tho Skully had the exact same presense as apostles(Guts even said he feels just like Zoddo and Wy-ild(spelling?), you thought that he wasn't an apostle? Wow

Griffith said:
Why those three specifically, anyway? I mean, if not them, why do you believe anyone in Griffith’s army is an Apostle by your standards of proof?
Zoddo went and gathered apostles as seen in the DC game.

Griffith said:
So, I guess you could argue that they’re incredibly powerful supernatural beings that serve Griffith for unknown reasons… and they aren’t Apostles, but they lead among them. You realize that’s a much bigger assumption since you’re complicating the plot with unsubstantiated possibilities (i.e. whatever else they could be). That’s a fanfic, not an open-minded outlook. Miura’s suggested that they’re Apostles at every turn, and I’d rather read what he gives me than question every possibility no matter how unlikely and uncorroborated by the story. Yes, anything is possible however inconsistent, but you can’t just ignore the overwhelming evidence that dictates they’re Apostles.
Their's not that much evidence like you say. With the appearance of mythical creatures(trolls, ogre, etc) and magic brings the possiblity that they could fall into any of the category's. And when I say anything, that includes apostles as well. Miura hasn't said anything about the fact that Locus, Grunbled, Irvine and Rakshak are apostles. It isn't fan-fic like you say, it's leaving anything possible. Miura hasn't out-right said or even shown they are apostles......

Griffith

Yeah, I got the idea you were just being open-minded, but you also blew off the evidence they’re Apostles. Yes, it’s not a fact, but it’s not presented as a mystery either. Concerning the “the look”; we’re just going to have to agree to disagree. I still don’t see Griffith staring people down as same as the way Guts and/or Mule felt around Apostles or Skully.

Saiki said:
Actually, it does. Zoddo isn't following Griffith bcuz he's the Hawk of Light or anything. He's following him bcuz he's the one strong person he was always searching for. The other apostle members were gathered by Zoddo, as seen in the DC game. But Locus, Grunbeld, Irvine and Rakshack came by their own will. Their reasons still unknown, which would infact make a big difference of whether they are apostles or something different.
Point taken. I used to entertain the idea of Skully joining Griff, not as a theory, I just thought of a really cool scenario. =) Anyway, it’s not hard for me to see that.

Saiki said:
So your saying that even tho Skully had the exact same presense as apostles(Guts even said he feels just like Zoddo and Wy-ild(spelling?), you thought that he wasn't an apostle? Wow.
It’s not amazing or anything, like I said, there was evidence to the contrary. First and foremost, he didn’t attack Guts, he sought him out in order to speak to him; immediately setting him apart. The next time you see him, he’s acting outright against Apostles. So, even if he was technically an Apostle, he certainly wasn't the same.

Griffith said:
Their's not that much evidence like you say. With the appearance of mythical creatures(trolls, ogre, etc) and magic brings the possiblity that they could fall into any of the category's. And when I say anything, that includes apostles as well. Miura hasn't said anything about the fact that Locus, Grunbled, Irvine and Rakshak are apostles. It isn't fan-fic like you say, it's leaving anything possible. Miura hasn't out-right said or even shown they are apostles......
Well, I think there is a lot of evidence, but I agree it’s circumstantial. I’m coming from a “Ockham’s razor” standpoint; since we don’t know exactly what else they could be besides Apostles, we shouldn’t assume otherwise. See what I mean? And anyway, if I had gone along with you and said, "Yeah, it's possible they're not", we would have missed out on all this interesting discussion. ;D

Thanks for it, by the way.

-Griffith

Yeah, I guess I did blow off the apostle thing earlier......
ALthough, at this current point, I also think that they are most likely apostles. I just feel that theres a chance that they are something else.
It's kinda weird for me to have an actual discussion online without it turning into a flame war.(gamefaqs comes to mind).
Anyways, it was a nice little discussion. :D

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
THE BEAST said:
i'm still not convinced that Zodd is an apostle

I think Zodd identifies himself as an apostle (at least indirectly) when he kills Wild.

Wild says that apostles are only given one command, to do as they wish and that as an apostle he could do whatever he wished, including killing Griffith.

Zodd replies that it gives him the freedom to tear Wild apart as well.

I hope this is at least semi-accurate.

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Hi, I've lurked here for a while but been to lazy to register.

Anyway, I think Grunbeld and Locus are not Apostles. I could definately be wrong, but I think the manga leaves a few hints. It gives a brief history of Locus, saying that he was a very skilled knight. We haven't seen him do anything that would suggest he has superhuman skill(Although with Gatts around, that's an interesting subject). Also, Locus's division of troops didn't attack along with the "evil soldiers."

Grunbeld may just be a giant. I don't think he's an apostle because there were other huge soldiers behind him, presumably all giants. Maybe "northmen" are all huge? He certainly does have a face of an apostle, however. If he is one, he's probably similar in nature to Zodd.

Irvine reeks of apostle to me. We don't see to much of him, but I'm fairly certain most humans have eyes.

then again there really isn't much evidence to disprove the fact they are apostles. its not said they are and its not said they aren't. I think its best to just possibly assume what you think and then be surprised (or not) by the truth whenever miura reveals it.

however if you ask me they reek of apostle, but thats just me.

korkor

I could be a llama
Garouken said:
Irvine reeks of apostle to me. We don't see to much of him, but I'm fairly certain most humans have eyes.

in one of the manga pages, you can see a little under his hood, in the shadow of it there is a place for 2 eyes. now you dont see any eyes in them but again its in the shadow...

i pretty much agree with everything u said though :p

Top Bottom