Griffith the enchanter

Im wondering if Griffith as a GodHand has the power to charm apostles (since they get their powers from Godhand). That would explain why every apostles around the block is pleading allegance.

If that is the case, you know that eventually all the apostles will regain control and team up with guts against Griffith. Imagine Zodd side by side with Guts and all the other new apostles fighting Godhands! Then guts will have fighting chance vs griffith. That is if SkullKnight decide to make a heroic suprise appearance.

Just speculating of course!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Since the apostles' powers come from the God Hand, I doubt even Zodd will ever be able to fight against them.

By the way, I think that they may not simply follow Griffith because they want to, but to some extent also because they've got no choice, remember how Zodd lost his horn...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Since the apostles' powers come from the God Hand, I doubt even Zodd will ever be able to fight against them.

By the way, I think that they may not simply follow Griffith because they want to, but to some extent also because they've got no choice, remember how Zodd lost his horn...
I think you misunderstood the scene...

P

psymont

i dont think that the apostles are being controlled .... if one day the godhand sent out an office memo to all the apostles saying "we are taking a hiatus from the carnage and sadistic malicious acts to open up a new division dedicated to make brownies for poor homeless kids in the left corner of sout east kenya", i think they would go on strike .... in other words, its a symbiotic relationship .... you give me the souls, ill give you the power ....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If you were an apostle, wouldn't you want to pick up your weapon and fight under Griffith's flag?

P

psymont

well yeh .... they all have something to gain .... though we probably dont know what yet .... the other knights that joined him arent really apostles i dont think .... besides the exceptional fighting abilities, they havent shown any demonic traits ... i may be wrong, if so tell me ....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont said:
well yeh .... they all have something to gain .... though we probably dont know what yet .... the other knights that joined him arent really apostles i dont think .... besides the exceptional fighting abilities, they havent shown any demonic traits ... i may be wrong, if so tell me ....
Well...

Grunbeld is over 10 feet tall, and has Apostle eyes.
Locus's javelin seems to grow and retract, and has Apostle eyes.
Irvine can shoot arrows accurately for miles, and has an eye on his bow.
Rakshas . . . yeah

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Trust us, they're Apostles.

Grunbeld.jpg

See, here's a picture from one of the chapters before we cut back to Guts and his party.​

-Griffith

Griffith

The Blackswordsman
Of the World

View Profile | E-Mail | Instant Message (Offline) Griffith the enchanter
« on: January 28, 2003, 05:05:55 PM » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im wondering if Griffith as a GodHand has the power to charm apostles (since they get their powers from Godhand). That would explain why every apostles around the block is pleading allegance.

If that is the case, you know that eventually all the apostles will regain control and team up with guts against Griffith. Imagine Zodd side by side with Guts and all the other new apostles fighting Godhands! Then guts will have fighting chance vs griffith. That is if SkullKnight decide to make a heroic suprise appearance.

Just speculating of course!
Report to moderator 24.101.141.49

Aazealh
Of the Interstice

View Profile | E-Mail | Instant Message (Offline) Re:Griffith the enchanter
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 06:30:38 PM » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since apostle's power come from godhand, i doubt even Zodd will ever be able to fight against them.

Btw I think too that they're not following Griff 'cause they want to, but more likely because they've got no choice, remember how Zodd lost his horn ...
Report to moderator 172.176.77.10

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Walter
Administrator

Subete wa Inga no nagare no naka ni.

View Profile | WWW | E-Mail | Instant Message (Offline) Re:Griffith the enchanter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 07:27:24 PM » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

Quote from: Aazealh on January 28, 2003, 06:30:38 PM
Since apostle's power come from godhand, i doubt even Zodd will ever be able to fight against them.

Btw I think too that they're not following Griff 'cause they want to, but more likely because they've got no choice, remember how Zodd lost his horn ...

I think you misunderstood the scene...
Report to moderator 152.30.96.153

/| /| ^^^^^^ |\ |\
/ / / / ( O ) ( O ) \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ ii / / / / /
\ \ \ \ {#####} / / / /
_^_ _\ \_\ \_ ______ /_/_/ /_^_^
/ v /,,,,,,,,,/ \,,,,,,,,,\ \
/-v--v-/====={ }=====\----v-v --\
====={ }=====
====={ }=====
====={ }=====
'''''

Psymont
Of the Nexus

Doomed to remember .. Doomed to repeat .. DOOMED!

View Profile | WWW | E-Mail | Instant Message (Offline) Re:Griffith the enchanter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 09:11:08 PM » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

i dont think that the apostles are being controlled .... if one day the godhand sent out an office memo to all the apostles saying "we are taking a hiatus from the carnage and sadistic malicious acts to open up a new division dedicated to make brownies for poor homeless kids in the left corner of sout east kenya", i think they would go on strike .... in other words, its a symbiotic relationship .... you give me the souls, ill give you the power ....
Report to moderator 66.176.234.148

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
bright summer days, dark sacred nights
and i think to myself
what a wonderful world

Walter
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003, 09:42:03 PM » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

If you were an apostle, wouldn't you want to pick up your weapon and fight under Griffith's flag?

/| /| ^^^^^^ |\ |\
\ \ \ \ \ ii / / / / /
\ \ \ \ {#####} / / / /
====={ }=====
====={ }=====
====={ }=====
'''''

Psymont
Of the Nexus

Doomed to remember .. Doomed to repeat .. DOOMED!

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2003, 10:01:24 PM » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 10:03:47 PM by Psymont » Report to moderator 66.176.234.148

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
bright summer days, dark sacred nights
and i think to myself
what a wonderful world

Walter
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2003, 10:08:59 PM » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

Quote from: Psymont on January 28, 2003, 10:01:24 PM

Well...

Grunbeld is over 10 feet tall, and has Apostle eyes.
Locus's javelin seems to grow and retract, and has Apostle eyes.
Irvine can shoot arrows accurately for miles, and has an eye on his bow.
Rakshas . . . yeah

/| /| ^^^^^^ |\ |\
\ \ \ \ \ ii / / / / /
\ \ \ \ {#####} / / / /
====={ }=====
====={ }=====
====={ }=====
'''''

Griffith
The Millennium Falcon
Administrator

My dream...I won't betray...that is all.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2003, 10:22:01 PM » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

See, here's a picture from one of the chapters before we cut back to Guts and his party.

-Griffith

Report to moderator 63.209.84.201

Martyrdom for the sake of a merciless deity… It's a troubling matter. In this day and age, the lives of the common people are spent catering to the whims of a handful of aristocrats and crowned heads. Off the battlefield, a soldier is not even worth a silver coin. Well… I don't know that even a King has a satisfactory reason for living. Everyone is merely entrusting their lives to a large stream... to one who is known in some way or another as fate. And everybody dies. Their lives spent. Without even knowing who they were... In this world, beyond the social hierarchy of man exist those born as keys who set the world in motion. It, the universe's golden rule, established the true elite... The people who possess the power of God!!...... I want to know!! Why am I on this world!! What is possible for one to accomplish......... Establishing my purpose....... My dream....... It's amazing...... You're the first person I've spoken to like this.

Mokred2
Of the World

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:38:26am » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

Quote from: Griffith on January 28, 2003, 10:22:01 PM

Grunbeld.jpg

See, here's a picture from one of the chapters before we cut back to Guts and his party.​

-Griffith

whats that suppose to looke like
Report to moderator 217.211.207.57

namayias
Of the World

« Reply #9 on: Today at 01:29:15am » Reply with quote | Modify | Remove | Split Topic

Quote from: Mokred2 on Today at 12:38:26am

Quote from: Griffith on January 28, 2003, 10:22:01 PM

Grunbeld.jpg

-Griffith

whats that suppose to looke like

It looks to me like a dragon or traditional demon with wings.

Yup.

-Griffith

P

psymont

i really cant make out that pic .... it may be zodd in the top and mountains below .... ?

i cant wait to see irvine in action .... btw, serpico has a sword that made from a griffons feather .... it can cut people in 2 using only the power of the wind .... his cloak allows him to float and deflect ballistic fire .... he is not an apostle .... my point is : a magical weapon doesnt make you anymore than a man with a magical weapon .... irvine could be human .... grunbeld could be nordic with a good sense of how gunpowder works .... locus has an extending lance(oh boy) .... i didnt see anyone of them wearing a behilit .... the eyes thing, well, ill have to check on that .... i not saying that i dont want them to be apostles, hell, that would be cool ....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont said:
i really cant make out that pic .... it may be zodd in the top and mountains below .... ?
Compare it with our "apostle" candidates below. See any familiar bodies? (No... not Zodd)
i cant wait to see irvine in action ....
Volume 22.
my point is : a magical weapon doesnt make you anymore than a man with a magical weapon .... irvine could be human .... grunbeld could be nordic with a good sense of how gunpowder works .... locus has an extending lance(oh boy)
Ok then, if youre still not convinced, each of them has a history that is well known to soldiers (Mule says so in 194) and many of them have "mysteriously dissapeared", only to show up in Griffith's army as some badass apostle-esque figure.
.... i didnt see anyone of them wearing a behilit ...
So? The count didnt wear his beherit around, neither did Roshinu.
the eyes thing, well, ill have to check on that .... i not saying that i dont want them to be apostles, hell, that would be cool ....
Well, you certainly are holding out in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I think Griffith hit the nail on the head :D

I don't think charm had anything to do with it, the Apostles are following their leader. Simple. Unless, of course, you believe a man with white locks of hair and skinner like than snow could use carisma to swoon blood thirsty aposltes to form a band of happy go lucky homosexuals? This isn't The Village People reunion *over exagerating* ::)

As for Serpico. Does he look like an apostle to you? You can normally detect these things, and someone squints and fights with a feather duster doesn't strike me as the kind of person who might be an apostle.... it's in the eyes you see :p

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Gutzs said:

I don't think charm had anything to do with it, the Apostles are following their leader. Simple. Unless, of course, you believe a man with white locks of hair and skinner like than snow could use carisma to swoon blood thirsty aposltes to form a band of happy go lucky homosexuals? This isn't The Village People reunion *over exagerating* ::)

As for Serpico. Does he look like an apostle to you? You can normally detect these things, and someone squints and fights with a feather duster doesn't strike me as the kind of person who might be an apostle.... it's in the eyes you see :p
we know appearance isnt a proof
look at guts objectivly and tell me he doesnt look like an apostle some times ...no you cant

P

psymont

Gutzs said:

of course he isnt an apostle silly .... i was saying that having a magical weapon doesnt make u one ....

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I think that's Grunbeld in that picture (and possibly Zodd in the front). He does have that dragon armor, you know.

Anyway, I seem to remember in eirias' translation of 23, Grunbeld asking Sonia for a corpse. Possibly for eating purposes (like an apostle :eek:). I think it's pretty obvious they're apostles. Either that, or Griff has a way of attracting every legendary freak show knight in Midland.

It was Sonia who secretly offered a corpse to the monster who was teasing her.

Although there isnt concrete proof that Griffith's new band are apostles, we are just assuming that they are, especially Grunbeld the "giant". Beside if you had only seen Zodd in battle with the other new recruits, most would have thought him human too.

And btw Gutzs its the fact that blood thristy monsters decide to join a "Happy go lucky homosexual band" that makes me think Griffith has a charming effect. I dont know if you followed the manga closely, but Griffith "the skinny man with white locks of hair and paler than snow" IS charismatic.

Also remember how mule felt obliged to serve Griffith almost at first sight!

I also found odd the phrase " Your words are impure, we carry on" said by Zodd at the Renion at the hill of swords, said kinda like a religious devotee.

After all perhaps being a god hand enhance your natural qualities :

Slan could have been a nimphomanic turned sex godess

Void an evil genius turned big bad evil genius with a big brain. (not very original I know)

I dont know what to make of conrad and ubik except that they are deceives and manipulators.

And Griffith beautiful, charismatic yet cold and ruthless turn pretty much the same but with godly powers.

just theories of course.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Grunbeld , Locus, Rock were judging from what Mule said , legendary warriors who had vanished much time ago. Also around Zodd there are many legends. Exactly like are legends the ogre and the trolls (not to mention the kelpie). Grifith also has become a legend of his own. Now watching them in action, it seems to read a "chanson des gestes" (I hope Guillaume doesn't read this ;D I know that I have mispelled) that is heroes greater than life that kills the adversaries by the hundred with feats that no living man can emulate.And that is like the people immaginethe heroes are. Exactly like otherwhere legendary monsters came to life from nowhere, again like people immagine they to be. It all seems a dream.And I think the word "dream" is the key to understand what is really happening, but we don't have enough evidence yet, we have to wait and see.

Griffith

Chris said:
Check your volume 12.

Volume 12, page 222, to be exact. =)

Uh-Oh! Looks like I was busted by the Hague.

reno.jpg

"Where does it come from, exactly?"​

Anyway, yeah, you caught me, Olivier (as is only fitting). Although this technically is from a chapter before the transition from Griffith’s army to Guts’ party; it’s over a 100 chapters before. ;D

I saw that guy and noticed that his head bared some superficial resemblance to Grunbeld’s helmet. So, I decided to have a little fun when this silly “Are they Apostles?” debate came up again. Speaking of which, they are Apostles, the whole point of chapter 194 is to rub it in our faces that they’re Apostles. They don’t need to transform or show their Apostles Local 401 Union I.D.s for it to be established beyond likely speculation.

-Griffith

P.S. Kudos to Chris for actually identifying the damn picture, impressive.

Griffith said:
I saw that guy and noticed that his head bared some superficial resemblance to Grunbeld’s helmet.
Actually, there's even something that kinda looks like Grunbeld's shield, just on the left of this guy. Don't have my scanner handy right now, but ...naah, I'll shut up for now ^_^;;;

P.S. Kudos to Chris for actually identifying the damn picture, impressive.
Well, it kinda bugged me too for a moment. Then I just thought about where I could most likely find such apostle-like creatures in the manga...
_Shoku_ ^^

P

psymont

so the picture does in fact prove nothing of the current topic as it is from a volume to back dated ....

Top Bottom