Griffith's point of view.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Luca said:

I don't Know what to add to your Perfect Analysis!!

Anyway I would Like to express just a personal Tought:

When you say that Guts weaken Him, I agree, but it's because, he trusts him for real giving and sharing his Burden as a Soldier, and mostly as the True Great and Complex Man he Is.

At Last I think that his way of being with Guts for some aspects resemble something natural: Griffith Always tried to conquer the only One thing that for real he have just Loved. In other words, I mean that, as he desired the Castle as the Supreme Ideal Dream God, Since he Loved Guts,he never reached his Goal to be for real the Owner of this mystic love called Guts.

Revealing to Guts his inner and deep Thoughts, Griffith makes him a part of him, Giving him the loathsome jobs he warm himself with the most inner safeness. The truly Being that interact with his Real Part(that surely is not expressed out when Griffith deals with judo or other) and that, as most classical love, being so close and entwined to his Heart, at the right moment he slained Him.

D

Duststorm

Wow this thread actually changes my perspective of Griffith.

But about Femto, I always thought he was Griffith but without a conscience. Proof of that is when he went to the hill of the swords and felt nothing about the deaths of his former band of the hawk. While as a human
Griffith had some scruples about what he has done, as shown when he asked Guts if he were evil.

Luca

Happiness is a warm gun.
Duststorm said:
Wow this thread actually changes my perspective of Griffith.

But about Femto, I always thought he was Griffith but without a conscience. Proof of that is when he went to the hill of the swords and felt nothing about the deaths of his former band of the hawk. While as a human
Griffith had some scruples about what he has done, as shown when he asked Guts if he were evil.

That was of course before the Godhand showed him the true 'nature' of his self, and before he was tortured and put out of his mind. Griffith transcended humanity at the Eclipse, so while Golden Age Griffith had some doubts, like any character he developed. Griffith had lost his physical power, his ability to lead his army, his chance at the throne (at the time being...without the Godhand he had no chance of being King after sleeping with Charlotte), and needed a scapegoat in Guts. One could argue that Griffith lost most of his 'conscience' at that point, but you are right, there are differences of course between Griffith and Femto but it is still to be noted that Griffith made the choice to become Femto and do as he wished.

There was a threshold he passed to become Femto, Griffith became what he wanted to become at that very moment, and it's most likely he wanted to become someone not only with unimagineable power, but someone without feelings that could hold him back like before. After all, Idea did let Griffith do what he wished to do.

Daijyashin said:
I don't Know what to add to your Perfect Analysis!!

Anyway I would Like to express just a personal Tought:

When you say that Guts weaken Him, I agree, but it's because, he trusts him for real giving and sharing his Burden as a Soldier, and mostly as the True Great and Complex Man he Is.

At Last I think that his way of being with Guts for some aspects resemble something natural: Griffith Always tried to conquer the only One thing that for real he have just Loved. In other words, I mean that, as he desired the Castle as the Supreme Ideal Dream God, Since he Loved Guts,he never reached his Goal to be for real the Owner of this mystic love called Guts.

Revealing to Guts his inner and deep Thoughts, Griffith makes him a part of him, Giving him the loathsome jobs he warm himself with the most inner safeness. The truly Being that interact with his Real Part(that surely is not expressed out when Griffith deals with judo or other) and that, as most classical love, being so close and entwined to his Heart, at the right moment he slained Him.

He allowed himself to care of someone's judgments of him, and thus, showed someone his true vulnerabilities. This could be speculation, but of course when I say weaken, I meant that it was because he trusted and began to care for Guts (just how deep that was is merely speculation, but to say he never cared for Guts would be contrasting so much of what the entire Golden Age and the Hill of Swords scene was all about. Now I think the only part of griffith that cares for Guts is the demon child). And because Guts truly was his equal in many ways, and wasn't under his control, he began to acknowledge it in subtle ways in his mind.

This is the difference between Golden Age Griffith and Golden Age Guts: Guts is faced with hardships and has trust issues, but when he receives love (from casca) and care (from the Hawks) and friendship (from Griffith), he does not fight it, but he fights for it, and he allows it to make him stronger. This also was because Guts wasn't a man who dreamed of bigger things, so he never had to put himself in that position.

Griffith is someone who received idolization, respect, admiration, and love, but used it as tools to be stronger. Rather than a prize and something to be cherished, like Guts held on to those things as, Griffith used them as weapons and saw attachments to them as a weakness.

Which is why it is ironic that he became attached to his major 'sword', who was Guts.

Top Bottom