Guts as an Apostle

D

DarkFalconKnight

I have always wondered how guts would look like as an Apostle, and which powers we could expect, both new ones and enhanced ones.

Do anyone have any opinions on the subject?

I understand that it is not very likely and I myself do not even consider it an option, but i like the concept of an even stronger Guts! :guts:
However, the coolest part of Guts is that he remains Human.

I would really like him to "melt" into the berserker armor as well as the Dragon Slayer, almost like Locus! And in his Apostle form (if that is what they call it) he would be a larger version of himself displayed like his inner beast but with the dragon slayer in his mouth, a lot like Sif, the Great Gray Wolf from Dark souls.

What would be your optimal apostle-version of guts?

Menosgade

Not all those who wander are lost
Most likely he'd assume the visual of the Beast. A werewolfish form, maybe, not unlike Zodd? :beast:

It'd definitively look cool, surely Gut's wouldn't grow mouths and eyes across his body, that would be very disappointing. Once thinking about this, I thought, maybe the Dragon slayer would become part of his left arm, kinda like his iron hand? Not smoothly melted into the flesh, but in a asymmetric and horrendous way. I don't really see Guts apostle using the Dragon Slayer as in his human form, it's more like a can opener in this situation than a weapon of mass destruction. His strength, size and reflexes would surpass DS's power.

About the armor, it's a good question. Since it has it's own energy influences/power on the user, how could it affect apostle Guts or vice versa? Would it just be broken if he transformed inside? Considering other apostles, not necessarily. But, again, it's different from everything else.

D

DarkFalconKnight

Menosgade said:
About the armor, it's a good question. Since it has it's own energy influences/power on the user, how could it affect apostle Guts or vice versa? Would it just be broken if he transformed inside? Considering other apostles, not necessarily. But, again, it's different from everything else.

Thank you for the insight! I am a new user to this page and do not really feel like spamming, but there is a lot i wonder about.. Any idea where i can find answers? :???:
Also, i think the armor would somehow adapt if i am not completely wrong!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarkFalconKnight said:
Thank you for the insight! I am a new user to this page and do not really feel like spamming, but there is a lot i wonder about.. Any idea where i can find answers? :???:
Also, i think the armor would somehow adapt if i am not completely wrong!

Frankly I don't see much of a point in speculating on how the Berserk's armor would adapt if Guts were an apostle. Being an apostle negates the need for magical equipment like the armor. It's a purely hypothetical situation anyway, one that will never actually happen. So other than "oh it'd probably resemble the Beast of Darkness somehow", there isn't much to say on the topic.

D

DarkFalconKnight

Aazealh said:
Frankly I don't see much of a point in speculating on how the Berserk's armor would adapt if Guts were an apostle. Being an apostle negates the need for magical equipment like the armor. It's a purely hypothetical situation anyway, one that will never actually happen. So other than "oh it'd probably resemble the Beast of Darkness somehow", there isn't much to say on the topic.

Why would there be a need to achieve something? It is a speculation thread :(

However, now that i have your attention. What do people mean with; there is no power levels in Berserk? Does that mean everyone can technically kill everyone?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarkFalconKnight said:
Why would there be a need to achieve something? It is a speculation thread :(

Speculation doesn't mean pointlessness. And in this case, it's really more fan fiction than speculation. Guts will never be an apostle. As you said yourself, what's cool about Guts is that he remains human.

Now if you want me to criticize your ideas specifically, to speculate that as an apostle he'd just be "a bigger version of himself" that would hold his sword in his mouth or something seems supremely uncreative as far as I'm concerned. But I don't blame you, because the character of Guts was never created with the goal of having an apostle form. What makes him unique as a character (his sword, his armor, his artificial arm, his missing eye and so on) doesn't translate well to an apostle form and is not meant to.

But to go back to my previous post, you were asking where you could find answers about how the Berserk's armor could be applied to Guts if he were an apostle. Well, there are no answers, and there likely never will be.

DarkFalconKnight said:
However, now that i have your attention. What do people mean with; there is no power levels in Berserk? Does that mean everyone can technically kill everyone?

That doesn't seem hard to understand to me. Certain manga, typically aimed at a younger crowd, classify their characters' strength using rankings of some kind. The originator of this and most popular example would be Dragon Ball, by Akira Toriyama. It's a conception that resembles what you can find in some video games, where the strength of a character is sometimes determined by his level. It works in some contexts, but it's honestly a pretty simplistic conception. There are no power levels in real life, right? Well, neither are there in most stories. That includes Berserk.

So, can anyone kill anyone in Berserk? Well, no. Members of the God Hand are so powerful, they're practically invulnerable. And apostles are typically very resilient. But could Guts be technically killed by a little boy while he was deeply sleeping? Sure. Could an apostle be killed by a peasant if exceptional conditions were somehow met? Sure. But more importantly, the story is not structured in a way that makes "ranking" mechanics relevant. Characters' skills, health, physical strength, capacity to endure pain and take damage, etc. are not determined by any specific ranking. Nor is their importance to the story or ability to defeat another character or situation in battle.

Top Bottom