Half Life 2 Vs Halo 2 Vs Doom 3 Vs Killzone Vs ...

First person Shooter of the year in your opinion?

• Halo 2

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Half Life 2

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Doom 3

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • KillZone

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Call Of Duty United Defensive

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Unreal Tournament 2004

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Battlefield Vietnam

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"Griffith No More!" said:
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!!

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER Was Said To Come Out Some Time In 1994. To This Day, Its Still Delayed. Now Its Said That There Using The Doom 3 engine. Well I dont Know Much Because I Was Never A DUKE NUKEM Fan. (I Alwas Played FF, and Street Figher when i was young.)

Malf said:
no offence, well maybe but are you not 10?

I am ten. I have Been Playing Video games since i was 3. (thats when i got my PS) I started Watching Anime When I was 5. My First Anime Was OutLaw Star. The First Anime Movie I saw was Akira. I started Reading Manga At 9. My First Manga was Naruto. I am ten.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
but but but but theres a picture of a girl with big breasts as your icon you cant be interested in that stuff yet.... can you? And how do u acces all this stuff as an american child are you just rich or somethin

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Malf said:
but but but but theres a picture of a girl with big breasts as your icon you cant be interested in that stuff yet.... can you? And how do u acces all this stuff as an american child are you just rich or somethin

Not that I'm a fan of the FPS deep thoughts thread, but does this line of questioning have anything to do with anything?

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
ELEKTROFUNK said:
There is much more skill involved in ut2k3/4 than just running around shooting rockets ( takes to much time to master that game I really never did) you probably didn't play outside the public srvrs.
Not really, I've played in and out of public servers, in and out of clans. There's no way to justify nearly half the weapons in that game, it's just a totally un balanced mess. Though I have to admit boosting around in the ghost rip off while shredding into enemy bases in Onslaught always amuses me.

Oh, and I never said Halo 2 brought anything new to the table.. so "he he" your ownself.

It's just that I haven't played Half Life 2 yet, so I can't talk about it's gameplay. And since I don't see whats so innovative about it, thats all I could base my opinion on.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Wah wah wah said:
Oh, and I never said Halo 2 brought anything new to the table.. so "he he" your ownself.

It's just that I haven't played Half Life 2 yet, so I can't talk about it's gameplay. And since I don't see whats so innovative about it, thats all I could base my opinion on.

Half-Life 2- Haven't played it yet, and it looks pretty, some of the best graphics I've seen, but I can't see whats so innovative about it. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, and it basically just looks like a suped up version of the first one.

Then why speak about a game you have not played at first? Play it and then give us your opinion about it.

Online multiplayer wise ut2k4>halo2>killzone. The quality of online multiplayer in consoles is getting better and better (with halo2 as an example) but they haven't gotten to the online pc quality and open formula in which players are and fans of the games can make fun mods for them which gives them a greater replay value (cs, day of defeat, rocket arena, jail break, vampire slayer, etc etc.)

About  ut2k4 and Halo 2 you are entitled to your opinion. But in my opinion I find the ut's fast paced formula far more  appeling for a game. About the games weapons they are not that unbalanced if you know how to use them plus there are bunch of combos that you can pull off on it to be a sucesfull killer at it that don't necesarily include using the rocket luncher. Actually the rocket luncher is only for killing noobies who move to slow :p or as part of a combo. And if you prefear for everyone to use the same weapons there is always insta-gib games those are pretty fun.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
well i say rich, maybe spoiled is a better word. because u were given a ps at the age of 3 and you have a cell phone at the age of 10. Maybe ur a really mature 10 year old maybe not im just a bit stunned and confused.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Malf said:
well i say rich, maybe spoiled is a better word. because u were given a ps at the age of 3 and you have a cell phone at the age of 10. Maybe ur a really mature 10 year old maybe not im just a bit stunned and confused.

I think the age he got those things has more to do when he was born, but I agree you are stunned and confused.

DOOM 1 WAS BEST EVER AND STILL IS! FAGS!

Malf said:

first, i dont have a cell phone. 2nd, the play staion was a gift from CA. third, Yes i am the only mature 10 year old. fourth, if i was rich,i wount steal music off the internet.

The weapons in UT2k4 are generally better balanced than they are in Halo, at least from my experience playing both. Pistol in Halo, of course, is the best, with the Rocket Launcher probably being the next best, except at long range where the Sniper Rifle is better. Overall the weapons in Halo have more specific niches that they fill (Plasma Pistol, charge up is great for shields, sucks otherwise.) Weapons in UT2k4 are more useful overall because they're mostly just designed with a deathmatch sort of mentality in mind.

Woraug

A credit to dementia
I've played all those games, but I strictly stick to UT 2K4. I've been playing UT since GOTYE, so I'm kind of a UT Vetran.

kid_berserk said:
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER Was Said To Come Out Some Time In 1994. To This Day, Its Still Delayed. Now Its Said That There Using The Doom 3 engine. Well I dont Know Much Because I Was Never A DUKE NUKEM Fan. (I Alwas Played FF, and Street Figher when i was young.)

Duke Nukem Forever was announced in 96/97 iirc. Duke 3D wasn't even out in 94.

Queenfan01 said:
If I'm not mistaken, it has literally changed systems four times now.  I've now been waiting for the game for over half of my life.

As far as I know they trashed the first attempt and started over almost completely. Don't think it has been redone since then though.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Malf said:
but but but but theres a picture of a girl with big breasts as your icon you cant be interested in that stuff yet.... can you?

Malf is thinking about molesting this poor kid I bet.

Metal Soldier said:
Duke Nukem Forever was announced in 96/97 iirc. Duke 3D wasn't even out in 94.
ok,but the point is, they announced that Duke Nukem Forever will use the Doom 3 engine. speaking of doom, the maker is working on Doom 4, he says it will be better then Doom 3 in every way (thats means hes making a Doom 4 engine)
ELEKTROFUNK said:
Malf is thinking about molesting this poor kid I bet.
I think so.
Woraug said:
I've played all those games, but I strictly stick to UT 2K4. I've been playing UT since GOTYE, so I'm kind of a UT Vetran.
Me too ;D Anyway,i just got Half-Life 2 from a friend,but i havnt played it yet

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
ELEKTROFUNK said:
Then why speak about a game you have not played at first? Play it and then give us your opinion about it.

Online multiplayer wise ut2k4>halo2>killzone.

About  ut2k4 and Halo 2 you are entitled to your opinion. But in my opinion I find the ut's fast paced formula far more  appeling for a game. About the games weapons they are not that unbalanced if you know how to use them plus there are bunch of combos that you can pull off on it to be a sucesfull killer at it that don't necesarily include using the rocket luncher. Actually the rocket luncher is only for killing noobies who move to slow :p or as part of a combo. And if you prefear for everyone to use the same weapons there is always insta-gib games those are pretty fun.
Half-Life 2 was on there, no getting around it, I had to say something about it.

Your little online formula, you got the first two mixed up, but the last one's right.

Still don't feel the same about Unreal as you do, but you seem pretty stubborn, so we'll drop that.

And Insta-gib is shit.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Insta Gib takes skill, my bad you suck and have to play in the console lvl.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Wah wah wah said:
Insta Gib takes skill!?

You've gotta be kidding me...

It does, aiming and reactionwise. You have to run different, you don't jump and it's a lot less offensive but it does require skill. Insta CTF is pure frustration tho.

I'm voting for DOOM3 and HL2. HL2 wins on the gameplay side but looses bigtime considering its Beta status and millions of lovely bugs.
I still love that old school shooter feeling of DOOM3. ID games were always rawer than other shooters, in look and feel, even if you compare them to those gorefests like kingpin, Sof or Postal2.

Top Bottom