Hasn't aged in over 16 years.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=7880954&page=1

This was something a friend showed me. Link above has a video plus 4 pages on this story.

Among the many documented instances of children who fail to grow or develop in some way, Brooke's case may be unique, according to her doctor, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine pediatrician Lawrence Pakula, in Baltimore.

"Many of the best-known names in medicine, in their experience ... had not seen anyone who matched up to Brooke," Pakula said. "She is always a surprise."

Watch "20/20" FRIDAY at 10 p.m. ET for Brooke's story.

Brooke hasn't aged in the conventional sense. Dr. Richard Walker of the University of South Florida College of Medicine, in Tampa, says Brooke's body is not developing as a coordinated unit, but as independent parts that are out of sync. She has never been diagnosed with any known genetic syndrome or chromosomal abnormality that would help explain why.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty freaky stuff... And she's got a healing factor too!

In her first six years, Brooke went through a series of medical emergencies from which she recovered, often without explanation. She survived surgery for seven perforated stomach ulcers. She suffered a brain seizure followed by what was diagnosed as a stroke that weeks later left no apparent damage.

At 4, she fell into a lethargy that caused her to sleep for 14 days. Then, doctors diagnosed a brain tumor, and the Greenbergs bought a casket for her.

"We were preparing for our child to die," Howard Greenberg said. "We were saying goodbye. And, then, we got a call that there was some change; that Brooke had opened her eyes and she was fine. There was no tumor. She overcomes every obstacle that is thrown her way."

Someone needs to abducts this baby and performs hideous experiences on it to create a potion of immortality. :beast:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Aazealh said:
Pretty freaky stuff... And she's got a healing factor too!

Someone needs to abducts this baby and performs hideous experiences on it to create a potion of immortality. :beast:
Or try to replace her skeleton with an adamantium one.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:

I'm sure this is happening right as speak. Surely, some mad scientist plotting world domination is planning on using her DNA to create artificial super soldiers. Quick someone call Bill Rizer!

I'm late on this I know, but this is some crazy stuff. I can't imagine taking care of a toddler for that many years and not going at least a little bonkers, though I suppose it's not a whole lot different than taking care of children with certain types of autism etc.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Irvine said:
People with this disease aren't immortal they are ill.

I'm pretty sure fuxberg was joking you know. Still, it's interesting to see another case, so thanks for bringing it up.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Man indeed.

Her parents say that they like Brooke the way she is.. but that seems like a terrible life to live.
she doesn't really look that much like a baby either, her arms look thin and weak, compared to other babies with plump arms and legs. i doubt they will find the fountain of youth in her, in fact i doubt she will live an average human life span.

(sorry for the late submission, just found this very interesting)

Top Bottom