Helping Walter

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Jon Schaffer said:
I hate to be a picky guy but isn't the eye in the skull supposed to be brown like Guts? I just always thought I saw Guts with that slit looking eye and Griffith that that tube looking eye like the behelit has.

No.

Here's everything as I see it, and colored it, whatever Miura's original intent may have been.

1. The left eye: though it is representative of Guts one eye, and indeed the left half of the face is obviously Guts. The eye itself is a Femto/Griffith homage. It dually refers to that side of Guts, or the importance of Griffith/Femto to him and what drives him. The evil he bred in him through the events of the eclipse. While the eye is looking out at us from Guts you could say it is looking inside of him.

2. The Behelt: Obviously God Hand, Evil, Skull Knight, Griffith, Guts as well (since almost everything in the picture crosses)

3. Crown of thorns and rose: Skull Knight, Gaiseric, Power, King, Griffith, Guts.

4. The Skull: Represents Skully and Guts, the skull is dark to represent the armor as well, completing their connection.

There are many other ideas represented and cotrasted in this image, I pointed out a lot of the specifics but there are infinitly more subtle representations of death, power, fear, evil, deception, corruption, violation and struggle that are better felt and interpreted than described.

For instance, the Behelit hatching out of the skull.

-Griff

"Griffith No More!" said:
No.

Here's everything as I see it, and colored it, whatever Miura's original intent may have been.

1. The left eye: though it is representative of Guts one eye, and indeed the left half of the face is obviously Guts. The eye itself is a Femto/Griffith homage. It dually refers to that side of Guts, or the importance of Griffith/Femto to him and what drives him. The evil he bred in him through the events of the eclipse. While the eye is looking out at us from Guts you could say it is looking inside of him.

2. The Behelt: Obviously God Hand, Evil, Skull Knight, Griffith, Guts as well (since almost everything in the picture crosses)

3. Crown of thorns and rose: Skull Knight, Gaiseric, Power, King, Griffith, Guts.

4. The Skull: Represents Skully and Guts, the skull is dark to represent the armor as well, completing their connection.

There are many other ideas represented and cotrasted in this image, I pointed out a lot of the specifics but there are infinitly more subtle representations of death, power, fear, evil, deception, corruption, violation and struggle that are better felt and interpreted than described.

For instance, the Behelit hatching out of the skull.

-Griff
Oh, well in that case I stand corrected. Nice explanation and thanks for clearing that up. But what did you mean a new flash?

Griffith

Jon Schaffer said:
But what did you mean a new flash?

I didn't say anything about a new flash, but I see you brought it up. ;)

I don't really see a need for a new flash animation, the current one serves no purpose at all for one thing, except being huge. Walter created it mostly out of whimsy I think since we had all these Berserk/Comic book hero colorings I did for a total site SUPERGUTS revamp. Speaking of which, here's a favorite of mine that didn't make the cut...

Wildverine.jpg

Oh, and check this out...

http://images.google.com/images?q=Kentarou+Miura&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

Second row on the far right, I hope Miura googles himself. ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all of the suggestions thus far, guys.

So far, I've incorporated the excellent on/off buttons (rose insignia) that Jon Schaffer made, re-implemented the old Beherit-star rating system, created a new banner for the top, from Trans' original design (its a little plain, but I dig it) and re-wrote the BBS template from scratch, following the old colors.

What's left? I want to:

a) Get the old color schemes as selectable templates. Remember when this place used to be purple?  :-[ And the TRU BLU we had going just over a year ago. This   shouldn't be hard, but I'll have to find screencaps I've taken throughout the BBS' history. 

b) I want to take advantage of the new board's programming and re-design the layout.  Currently, it looks like our good old sk.net however, in the future, there will certainly be changes ahead.  You may occasionally see the layout blipping into and out of solidity, but all that means is that I'm hard at work.

c) Re-writing the main page news and several other quirks that really aren't worth mentioning now (oddities with buttons like reply, mostly).

-Walt

PS: Encyclopedia? What Encyclopedia?

nice !!  phantasmagoric !

As for the banner, do you want me to send you the big version of the picture that Griffith colored if he doesn't still have it ? (my avatar) PM me if he doesn't have it and you want it...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shurikn said:
nice !! phantasmagoric !

As for the banner, do you want me to send you the big version of the picture that Griffith colored if he doesn't still have it ? (my avatar) PM me if he doesn't have it and you want it...
Uhh, what? I'm already using his re-colored version. As for whether or not I have an original copy of the Skull, check the encyclopedia's background.

Glad I could help Walt (sorry, I just can't say Wally :p). The banner looks awesome, especially since you have that black, white and RED theme to it. Classical. Great job  8)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Check it out, the news page is for the first time in its long existence, finally legit-looking!

http://skullknight.net

PS: I'll be carrying over the skull and thorn theme to the Enc. next. It works out quite nicely for navigating those nasty subsections, such as the World section. But incorporating all of that, like everything else I do single-handedly, takes time.

PPS: Can anyone figure out a better idea for the layout of the buttons (community/encyclopedia) ? It works like it is but... well it's just somehow not perfect.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
10-4 said:
can i help by making a gif? ;D,

im decent at that at least :),

let me know

- c
As long as it doesnt involve double-spacing, go for it. Also... your sig is frikken huge!

sorry, i thought it was cool,

but i resized it,

let me know if you have any good gif ideas or where you would want one,

ill just think of some different stuff and let you know  ;D

- c

Walter said:
Uhh, what? I'm already using his re-colored version. As for whether or not I have an original copy of the Skull, check the encyclopedia's background.

Ho.. it's just that i see the black&white version in the banner with the colored rose only (with the words "beneath the mask" in the banner too) my link to the site is right on the bbs so i never seen the colored version... Sorry :-[ it's been a while i went to the encyclopedia so i haven't seen the background too.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Maybe I missed the post that addressed this, but have you decided to scrap the oekaki/archived news/misc./manga section altogether or just have not gotten around to integrating them into the site? Well, I know you're going to put the translations link, even though the link is easy to remember. The archived news is not really necessary, but why not? The above section are pretty much dead, but they're still cool to look, just not the life of the site.

By the way, good job on keeping a big site active for four years! That's pretty damn impressive.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
Maybe I missed the post that addressed this, but have you decided to scrap the oekaki/archived news/misc./manga section altogether or just have not gotten around to integrating them into the site?
Oekaki, old news, misc are on their way to the trash can. Out with the old, in with the Encyclopedia, I always say.

Well, I know you're going to put the translations link, even though the link is easy to remember.
It will be in the Enc. eventually.

By the way, good job on keeping a big site active for four years! That's pretty damn impressive.
Thankee.

10-4 said:
sorry, i thought it was cool,

but i resized it,

let me know if you have any good gif ideas or where you would want one,
Well uh... I don't really have any plans to involve animated .GIFs in the enyclopedia. That's sort of like graffiti in the museum, ya know?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
A couple of things.

In the character section of the encyclopedia I saw "&nbsp" in front of the names of several characters in the Golden Age.

On the topic of the Encyclopedia, Hot damn it looks good, as well as the Boards' new look.

Griffith

Walter said:
Well uh... I don't really have any plans to involve animated .GIFs in the enyclopedia. That's sort of like graffiti in the museum, ya know?

mona-lisa.jpg

Top Bottom